Warrior Farm City under HR?

Why not spam archers instead? you can still get them for a while after longbows or xbows but not both IIRC. they're a bit more expensive, but they are better at defending your cities :D

First of all, 20 :hammers: are 20 :hammers: , and with 100+ cities, that are 2000 :hammers: . 2000 :hammers: that I have to invest less mean 8 Cavs, that can make the difference between starting the war now or 50y later, and, believe or not, but 50y can make a difference of more than 100k in score. When trying to beat 3M points, every little bit counts.

In addition, I don't know how to build Archers till Rifling, CS + Machinery always comes at the same time in my games, and if I'm not playing totally afk in brain, I usually don't get attacked, so there simply is nn for a better Unit than a Warrior (or a Quechua) . One can even do crazier Math, because 2000 :hammers: in the times of Cavs is not really much, just think what 1000 in a time where you're still expanding means, that's having 3 cities more, and those 3 cities again produce ...

I can see the very early potential to do this from a city which you already plan to settle and have no immediate plans for any wonders, etc. Obviously somewhere with 15H or lots of tree potential is nice but I don't see this being beneficial or EVEN needed past a rather early point in the game. People who warmonger will be picking up tons of resources and as the game moves along that in conjunction with better trade and buildings like forges make happiness pretty easy to come buy.

And imo city maintenance cost, especially on higher levels would tend to discourage me from wanting to get too many units/population combo. Just saying, at the 1AD-400AD range, if you had say 10 cities I don't really know if its more attractive to have every city at 13-15 Pop with what??? 40-50 warriors garrisoned? Seems pretty expensive and has a lot of potential so severely slow down your Renaissance tech/war.

For me, it's not the point to run HR and use Warriors for :) . It's just the possibility to be able to build Warriors till very late as single city-garrisons and save a lot of :hammers: by that.

LoL ;) Well that late in the game you'll probably have even MORE happiness potential so you don't even need a city garrison. Save the unit maintenance. And if it's to the point you're starting your Sushi/big city push then it doe's it really matter how many :hammers: you spend on a single unit garrison lol.

The point is that Mylene was right and you were not. It was about can you or you cant build warriors at the same time with maces. What you would or would not do is another thing. :)

The point is that Mylene was right and you were not. It was about can you or you cant build warriors at the same time with maces. What you would or would not do is another thing. :)

How was she right? Look at my Screen, having all techs up to CS denies building warriors as they get replaced by Spears. Not researching Hunting is really no option, I argued about that already.

How was she right? Look at my Screen, having all techs up to CS denies building warriors as they get replaced by Spears. Not researching Hunting is really no option, I argued about that already.

Again, if you have metals hooked up...you are fighting a losing battle Seraiel here and I recommend that you give it up

Again, if you have metals hooked up...you are fighting a losing battle Seraiel here and I recommend that you give it up

Now that is something you have to explain to me. Why am I fighting a losing battle if I have Metals hooked up? :eek:

Mylene said: "You can build your "checkers" as long as you wish...even while Maces are already available."

That has been proven wrong by the Screen. Then she argued about skipping Hunting, and I laughed hard, as this means "don't research something that enables building powerful units" .

Now how come Metals in here?

What I wanted was a city, that can build Warriors till very late, and I found the trick for that in this thread here: Simply don't connect one city to the trade-network and you can.

Don't understand your post at all lymond.

Top Bottom