FfH2 0.30 Changelog

Dragons would drop dragonscales that can be fashioned to armour. It's a classic trick. Or, of course, as we all know, planting dragon's teeth allow the summoning of bad-ass warriors.

i hope you consider changing barbatos to be more fun. I think the guys in the main forum are completely right with their complaints.

I agree 100%.

What if we made it so that the supulcre wasn't broken at the beginning, but had a chance of breaking each turn? Perhaps starting at turn 100.

And, of course, nerf barbatamos.

Just nerf Barbatos. I think the major complaint is that his summons can roam so far. Although that is flavourful (evil necromantic overlord laying waste to vast swathe of territory), it is hardly very fun if you can't kill him until late in the game. Just restrict them to one square or so around him (perhaps a fat cross). That should do.

After about 5 hours of trying to get it to work I fear we will have to forgo the ability to trade equipment in diplomacy. I just can't get it to work. I'll leave it on the wish list though, if I can figure out how to do it at a later date I'll get it in.

Oh well.

I know that this is seemingly pointless, but what if we used a version of Rhye's historical city placement namer for FfH?
Basically give each city a general location in our mythology, and then cities will be named based on their location. So if we decide that "Nameless Tower," the Svartalfar city, is built in a desert, then the first city Faeryl builds with at least X desert tiles in the radius would be names nameless tower.
Eh just wanted to post this, felt like i needed to get it out of my head.

Heh, I really like it too, that's why i used it for the example.

Here's a radical sidar idea--all of their armies are part time. I mean why would any sidar really want to fight, and jeopardize their eternal life?

So maybe the sidar themselves (who will represent one branch of the sidar military) only fight defensively if their cities are threatened. Perhaps automatic drafting from their cities when enemies neared for extremely strong units.
So then who fights for the sidar in wars in foreign lands?

Possible Answer:
Nobody. The sidar are pacifist. Their idea of offensive combat is culture, tech, and diplo wars. They, after all, have the most highly educated elites in Erebus. And they're invisible and immortal. So why would they fight wars except in direct self defense? Obviously this would lead to a different play style, but that's okay for one civ.

After about 5 hours of trying to get it to work I fear we will have to forgo the ability to trade equipment in diplomacy. I just can't get it to work. I'll leave it on the wish list though, if I can figure out how to do it at a later date I'll get it in.

Wish list material. It might come to you when you least expect it.

Heh, I really like it too, that's why i used it for the example.

Here's a radical sidar idea--all of their armies are part time. I mean why would any sidar really want to fight, and jeopardize their eternal life?

So maybe the sidar themselves (who will represent one branch of the sidar military) only fight defensively if their cities are threatened. Perhaps automatic drafting from their cities when enemies neared for extremely strong units.
So then who fights for the sidar in wars in foreign lands?

Possible Answer:
Nobody. The sidar are pacifist. Their idea of offensive combat is culture, tech, and diplo wars. They, after all, have the most highly educated elites in Erebus. And they're invisible and immortal. So why would they fight wars except in direct self defense? Obviously this would lead to a different play style, but that's okay for one civ.

That sounds like a good idea to try out and balance. :goodjob:

This sounds like a job for *drum roll* Talchas man!

Actually, a way to tie equipment to diplomacy on the cheap--allow it to be gifted as units are, and when it is have it give a one time permanent (until war is declared) bonus.
Also I'd suggest that gifting any world unit be treated the same way.

Actually, a way to tie equipment to diplomacy on the cheap--allow it to be gifted as units are, and when it is have it give a one time permanent (until war is declared) bonus.
Also I'd suggest that gifting any world unit be treated the same way.

The real magic in equipment trades isnt in being able to give it away, but in being able to trade for it from the AI. So that you can trade techs or gold for equipment, or barter for it for peace.

Yeah that would be cool.

Speaking of cool wishlist stuff, what about a "Undercouncil/Overcouncil advisor" screen? That would be really cool. Like it would display the founder of the council, the general seceretary, what resolutions had been passed and which could be, and how many votes each civ had.

Im uploading the new version right now. It will probably take about 2 hours to finish uploading before it can be downloaded. Im going out for the evening so I wont be able to post when its done, try at about 7pm EST.

Can't wait for it.

A couple of things/ideas:
1. What if when pit beasts "died" they went barb? So you'd have to have them eat an enemy each turn or they'd attack you.
2. When dragons die they should leave several pieces of equipment. Both Abashi and Eurybates, ideally.
Scales Armor. Reduces any damage taken by the unit by 10%. Also gives the unit immunity to unholy and fire damage.
Teeth. Gives the unit the ability to summon 5 Spartoí, very strong melee units. The teeth also have a one-time ability to sacrifice the teeth and create a lot of barb spartoi.
Skull. Is slow and slows the unit down, but gives it fear. Also can be brought into a city to create culture and reduce war weariness (but make soem unhappy)
3. Gilden Silveric's bow. Can only be used by an archer unit. Gives that unit a large forest bonus and bonus against animals.
4. Can we have a bunch of events for lots of resources? I mean like currently we have prairie dogs and sea turtles represented--what about oranges, apples, pumpkins, squid, tea, amber, bees, etc.

Top Bottom