Renderer Error

get that error too, ATi HD 4800 series

Same here ,ati 4870..

Latests drivers , still crashing randomly when mostly i right click to move a unit..

Guess, its time to buy a new gfx ? The thing is that i dont have any probs in any other game..

Thinking about the fan speed advice, perhaps this is an overheating issue. You could try blowing any dust out of the case, including the video card.

Thinking about the fan speed advice, perhaps this is an overheating issue. You could try blowing any dust out of the case, including the video card.

Already done that.. My case is as clean as new.. My gpu's temp idles @ 50C and when im in game goes up to 60-65, which is quite normal for an ati 4800 series. Btw, bumping up the fan speed didnt help either :mad:

Same here ,ati 4870..

Latests drivers , still crashing randomly when mostly i right click to move a unit..

Guess, its time to buy a new gfx ? The thing is that i dont have any probs in any other game..

I just started getting this error, with an ATI 3850.

Interesting thing is that it never happened before I upgraded to Windows 7 . . .

I'm starting to think this problem may indeed have something to do with the game either overloading the GPU / overheating the card. A brief history:

1) 8800 GTX, Win 7 experiencing render errors but running on old nvidia drivers.
2) Upgraded Nvidia drivers to 304.79 and works fine. 0 crashes (50+ hours gameplay)
3) 8800 GTX started running hot at 88c and 99% GPU core when idle at desktop. Unrelated to game and due to dust so swapped it out with spare 8800 GTS.
4) 8800 GTS running in same PC setup with same drivers 304.79. Gods & Kings immediately crashes with familiar render error. No options changed in game or drivers.
5) Clean up fan on 8800 GTX and reinstall back to PC. Game plays fine again, no crashes.

This kind of leads me to believe that it isn't the drivers but more down to how the card handles the demand of the game. It puts an incredible amount of pressure on the GTX but the fan handles it even if it does get into the high 80's during gameplay with fan throttling to max. The GTS wasn't so lucky.

I was having this exact same issue on an otherwise stable system (runs other DX10/11 games just fine) GTX 480 video card, win7pro-64. Only showed up after installing the G&K expansion.

Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on how you look at it), I saved my game precisely one click before a leader message popped up. So load the game, click "next turn" and it crashed 100% of the time.

I found this solution online, and it works perfect:
Find the "config.ini" in the civ5 folder (in my system, that is:
C:\Users\Jason\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\config.ini)

Find this section and replace "LeaderHead = 0" with "LeaderHead = 1" as shown below:

; Set to 1 to disable LeaderHead system
LeaderHead = 1

This immediately fixed the issue, and I have played for over 15 hours since with zero problems.

Hi,
Just recently came back to Civ5 with G&K and I keep getting Render Error Black Screen, randomly (not just at leader heads but when viewing cities, etc).

I apologize for starting another thread on this as I did do a search and found a thread back in July on this.

I tried doing the things suggested from the other thread, but did not work.

Only thing I have not tried is maxing the video card fan speed but I am not sure how to do that.

Here is my dxdiag maybe something there?

Help is much appreciated!

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    37 KB · Views: 157
Hi,

My Civ V used to run fine before the November patches. I've now installed both patches via steam, verified my game cache and updated all of my video drivers but the game keeps crashing anywhere between 1 turn and 30 turns.

I've attached my dxdiag, any help very gratefully received!

Thanks.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    42.1 KB · Views: 280
If it helps, the error message I get is:

"FGXRenderer11::present failed hr=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. Driver failure"

If it helps, the error message I get is:

"FGXRenderer11::present failed hr=DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_REMOVED. Driver failure"

Moderator Action: Threads merged.

Yes, that helps ^^.
Please see the posts further up the page for some possible suggestions to try out.

Can you play another new game past that turn?

Please post your DxDiag file.

What is the exact text of the error message? If you didn't write it down, you may be able to find it in one of your Event Logs. Let me know if you need instructions on how to view the Event Logs.

Thanks for posting your DxDiag file. Your video drivers are old and should be updated. However,that's probably not what's causing a processor error.

To open the Event Viewer, Click on the Start button and select Run... . Then type or paste the following command into the Open box:

%windir%\system32\eventvwr.msc /s

and select OK. That should open the Event Viewer. You'll just have to poke around in there to find the error messages from from your problem.

However, this forum may not be the best place for solving your problem. If your processor is truly failing, you have a hardware issue. If so, you should contact whoever provides tech support for your system (Dell, I assume).

OK, so I checked in the error logs but I saw nothing about driver failure or anything like that. Also, how do I update my driver?

Your original post referred to a "processor failure", not a driver failure. Was this just a typo, and you really meant that you saw nothing about processor failures? It would be very helpful if you could post the exact text of the error message.

Your current video driver is dated 3/23/2012, so you're looking for something more recent. You have an NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 video card. Best place to look for newer drivers is the website of the manufacturer. In this case, your system was made by Dell, so go to Dell's support site. If nothing more recent is available there, try the NVIDIA site.

But like I said before, if you're getting messages that your processor failed, you probably have a hardware problem that you need to resolve with Dell.

Top Bottom