Renderer Error

I just started getting these errors within a few seconds of loading a Civ V game, I've already tried reinstalling my drivers and all my hardware is running at stock settings, soes anyone know what the problem is or what it means?

I've just started getting this error a few days ago. I don't have G&K. I just had a steam update a few days ago too.

Come on lets get this fixed. Don't give me program language to edit my files. I'm a gamer not a techy.

I'm gettting this error since I replaced my motherboard, ram and CPU last week. My video card (Radeon HD 5750) is about a year old and I never had this error before. The drivers are new.
I guess it's either the motherboard or Windows 7 (had Vista before the upgrade).

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    28.2 KB · Views: 85
I've managed to reduce the ammount of times I get the error significantly by propping the back of my laptop up so that it gets more air and doesn't overheat - try that maybe if possible, and if you're using a desktop try cleaning any dust around the fans?

I'm gettting this error since I replaced my motherboard, ram and CPU last week. My video card (Radeon HD 5750) is about a year old and I never had this error before. The drivers are new.
I guess it's either the motherboard or Windows 7 (had Vista before the upgrade).

I only got this message after upgrading to Windows 7 (from XP) as well (the hardware was unchanged).

Did you check if you can adjust anything regarding the fan speed in the settings of your graphics cards driver?

I've managed to reduce the ammount of times I get the error significantly by propping the back of my laptop up so that it gets more air and doesn't overheat - try that maybe if possible, and if you're using a desktop try cleaning any dust around the fans?

I have no trouble with any other games, so I don't think it's an overheating issue.

I have no trouble with any other games, so I don't think it's an overheating issue.

I have never seen any other game cause the fans to run at high speeds constantly either, but Civ5 does, even when it sits in the background.

im also getting this every time i play, started up a couple days ago. put older drivers back on my nvidia gtx 480, nothing fixes it. no problems with other games

i think i may have fixed the problem by forcing my own graphics settings through the nvidia control panel. i just played an entire game with no crash.

I'm having the same problem. When I play other games the game freezes and emits a loud buzzing sound that forces me to reboot the computer.

I'm sure you guys can tell how irritated I am at this since I was looking forward to BNW

ADDENDUM

I have GEforce card in the laptop but for some reason the DXDIAG shows the Intell driver as my display device anyone know what may cause that?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    34.2 KB · Views: 76
I'm having the same problem. When I play other games the game freezes and emits a loud buzzing sound that forces me to reboot the computer.

I'm sure you guys can tell how irritated I am at this since I was looking forward to BNW

ADDENDUM

I have GEforce card in the laptop but for some reason the DXDIAG shows the Intell driver as my display device anyone know what may cause that?

Sounds like a seriously overheating laptop.

I'm pretty sure the problem lies with the fact that it's a Dell XPS - I have the same problem with mine, they've managed to screw up the cooling system somewhere. I've tried pretty much everything, the only thing that slightly works is putting an ice pack on the laptop when it gets hot.

So we know for certain that the render error is part of the overheating? it seems other people with better systems are having the same error... I hope this gets fixed soon I love Civ...

Not for certain, I have a different issue where the whole computer lags (I usually say about 0.25 FPS) and the sound lags too at a similar rate, only option is forced shutdown. Used to just happen on Age of Empires III with a lot of particle effects, now it's pretty much everything (Portal 2, Civ 5, all total war, and even Civ 4)

Been getting this error message but only when I am playing a fan made map such as the giant Earth maps found here. Usually it would not bother me but when I go back into the autosaves or saved file and I would reach that exact point where this message would appear and it would crash again. It always happen soon after I hit "end turn." Never during my turn.

This is a brand new computer built and this is its card details:

NVIDIA System Information report created on: 06/17/2013 19:57:58
System name: EERMAGAHD

[Display]
Operating System: Windows 8 Enterprise, 32-bit
DirectX version: 11.0
GPU processor: GeForce GTX 660
Driver version: 311.06
DirectX support: 11.1
CUDA Cores: 960
Core clock: 1019 MHz
Memory data rate: 6008 MHz
Memory interface: 192-bit
Memory bandwidth: 144.19 GB/s
Total available graphics memory: 3564 MB
Dedicated video memory: 2048 MB GDDR5
System video memory: 0 MB
Shared system memory: 1516 MB
Video BIOS version: 80.06.10.00.10
IRQ: 0
Bus: PCI Express x16 Gen3

[Components]

easyDaemonAPIU.DLL 1.11.3.0 NVIDIA Update Components
WLMerger.exe 1.11.3.0 NVIDIA Update Components
daemonu.exe 1.11.3.0 NVIDIA Update Components
ComUpdatus.exe 1.11.3.0 NVIDIA Update Components
NvUpdtr.dll 1.11.3.0 NVIDIA Update Components
NvUpdt.dll 1.11.3.0 NVIDIA Update Components
nvui.dll 8.17.13.1106 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdsync.exe 8.17.13.1106 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdplcy.dll 8.17.13.1106 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdbat.dll 8.17.13.1106 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvxdapix.dll 8.17.13.1106 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
NVCPL.DLL 8.17.13.1106 NVIDIA User Experience Driver Component
nvCplUIR.dll 6.9.850.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvCplUI.exe 7.1.740.0 NVIDIA Control Panel
nvWSSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvWSS.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Workstation Server
nvViTvSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Video Server
nvViTvS.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Video Server
NVSTVIEW.EXE 7.17.13.1106 NVIDIA 3D Vision Photo Viewer
NVSTTEST.EXE 7.17.13.1106 NVIDIA 3D Vision Test Application
NVSTRES.DLL 7.17.13.1106 NVIDIA 3D Vision Module
nvDispSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Display Server
NVMCTRAY.DLL 8.17.13.1106 NVIDIA Media Center Library
nvDispS.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA Display Server
PhysX 09.12.1031 NVIDIA PhysX
NVCUDA.DLL 8.17.13.1106 NVIDIA CUDA 5.0.1 driver
nvGameSR.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server
nvGameS.dll 6.14.13.1106 NVIDIA 3D Settings Server

I think I found a fix. It worked for me, even when none of the other suggestions so far have been useful.

Open the Civ5 folder in My Games.
Open GraphicsSettingsDX11.ini
Set "LeaderTextureReduction = 2"
Save document.
In-game, reduce leader quality to anything other than the highest setting.

This worked for me even after deliberately trying to provoke the problem over and over. Here are some thing I've tried which did NOT work for me, but which others told me to try:
1) Update your drivers.
2) Rollback your drivers.
3) Re-install DirectX.
4) Set Leaderhead=1 in config.ini (this actually worked, but was extremely immersion-breaking)
5) Use the Options menu to turn OFF using the GPU for decompression (this also worked for me, but caused crippling lag on huge maps).
6) Re-install the game/Verify integrity on Steam.
7) Re-format the harddrive (yes, I actually tried this - no luck).
8) Go into nVidia's configurations utility and set power consumption to max (no savings).
9) Playing around with AA, Vsync and several other options in the nVidia control panel and in the game menu itself.

If my suggestion didn't work, consider trying some of the others above. Good luck!

Top Bottom