Civ V and W10 Family

Vildenis

Chieftain
Hi,

Until yesterday, my PC ran on W7 but i've upgraded to W10 Family.
Today, no more Civ V !!!
And this is NOT possible ! :cry:

The game is in a portable version.
I've read it didn't run on W10 but that there were solutions to bypass the problem. I tried the famous "compatibility modes" with no success at all, of course, including the no less famous "run as an administrator".

Any solution that works will be rewarded with all my gratitude ! :D

Please, use rather basic english in answering ...

Waow ... :(

Over 60 read ... Under 1 answered

Not understood my english ?
Not the right place ?
Not interested ?

I'll come back here once ou twice today, anyway...

I would guess that those viewing your post have not had problems with Win 10 and Civ V. Give it some time, but as you can tell from this forum, there have been very few reported Win 10 problems.

Have you tried all of the usual solutions to game crashes, including validating your game files through Steam or reinstalling the game?

What do you mean by a "portable version" of Civ V? There is a Windows version of the game (developed by Firaxis) and two Macintosh versions of the game (ported to Macintosh by Aspyr), but no version has been released for IOS, Android or any other portable device operating system.

Hi,
I'd be very surprised noone had problems with W10 and Civ V but this woud be a very nice surprise as I only see people not knowing how to manage with this ! ;)

What I call a "portable" version of the game is in fact a normal PC version (that was perfect on the same computer when I ran W7 two days ago), developed by Firaxis, but not an "installed game" with my game DVD. I can have it on a USB device (for example) and play with it on any Windows computer when travelling with the USB key.

Just to "try something", I attempted to install it "really" with my DVD but had the same problem that I described here over.
To be more precise, when I launch the game, I have this screen and then, whatever I choose, instead of launching the game itself with DX 9 or DX11 ... nothing happens !

The version number on the bottom of the launcher does not appear to be the current launcher. Mine is version 6.2.9200. Try reinstalling the game.

Top Bottom