Need Troubleshooting Help: Game breaking UI bugs when playing with mods

OpenWorldAddict

Chieftain
I don't know where else to put this, but since this forum has to do with support, I guess this is a better place than anything else.

For the last several months I have been having a problem when using certain mods, particularly mods that make changes to the user interface. Every time that I start a game with one of those mods loaded I get UI bugs that make the game unplayable, and it has prevented me from playing with my favorite mods as well as trying new mods that work with UI changes, such as JFD's cities in development.

and no, I don't have other ui mods that conflict with the ones that I am loading up. It is also not a problem with one specific mod, because the issue comes up when ANY mod that changes the UI is loaded, the difference is the Ui bugs that appear. For example, with one mod that was must have for a long time that improved the city banner ui, suddenly I would be getting missing cities banners when that mod is loaded. Just recently I tried Cities in Development and i found that when I started my first city that the city production window would not come up and the city management screen was all messed up. Several times when I've had Health and Plague loaded, the unit ui had wierd promotions and I could not select any commands for my workers. (this issue has also come up with other mods) To make sure that it isn't compatability issues I ran these mods alone and the bugs still arose.

That is just an example, I can't actually list all the bugs that came up for all the mods that I've tried, nor can I match a bug to a specific mod expect the latest ones that I have attempted to play with just because I don't remember and trying to do that would mean retesting every mod I had tried since the problem started.

At one point I thought that all the bugs were caused by poor unistallation of Enhanced User Interface dlc or even multiplayer modpacks, which is a plausible cause to my problem. However, after completely uninstalling Civ 5 from Steam and deleting all the related folders that Civ 5 uses, followed by reinstalling Civ 5, I can safely say that is nothing to do with it because the ui bugs are still coming up when I have a ui changing mod loaded.

I really need help troubleshooting this problem. By now it has really gotten on my nerves because it is preventing me from playing with all the cool new mods that have recently come out in the last year or are going to come out, such as all of JFD's component mod such as rise to power, cities in development, and more.

Top Bottom