The future of Fall from Heaven

Didn't know AoI had ranged attacks (really need to finish that some day). Fireballs nearly qualify, but creating a unit that you then use in suicide combat isn't quite the same.

Kael implemented ranged combat for archer units as a spell/ability, even though it would have made more sense to use real ranged combat like certain other mods that came with BtS did.

You people do know that this might mean that he might compromise and sell out and sacrifice creativity for the sake of profit and start trademarking things and causing copyright problems to people etc.

I pray not. Or at least I hope he does not become like Games Workshop.

Seeing as the game itself was about 50% ripped artwork from Icewind Dale, I'm highly doubting it... he'll be the one getting nailed if he pulls that sorta stuff and makes a profit from it.

Either way, good luck in your endeavors.

Which ones are Icewind Dale? I think the sources may be more varied than 50% Also, I figure you mean the 2d art. 3d is around 30% totally original, 60% community and Firaxis, and 10% imported from other games.

They've used to good affect the credited artwork from other sources, true. But I don't think this team will have a problem transitioning in their own quality work. It will be a ferocious amount of work though.

Can't wait for the 3D Avatar of Faeryl :D
How about a comical version for now? :D
Spoiler Faeryl Vicona WIP :

I also made a version where her mouth is closed. But still working on it, will update my deviantArt once that is done.

well there goes the rest of my life.

:agree: :lol:

Anyway Kael, if you need people for beta-testing, I suscribe.
need a beta tester (alpha?):deal::banana:

Me too! Me too! :king:

Also, I (and, I bet, a large amount of the FFH Lore regulars) would probably be willing to assist in writing material, dialogue etc - just like KC wrote the Momus poems and so on. I know I'd love to help.

Can't wait for the 3D Avatar of Faeryl :D

:rotfl:

Oh, and Kael. These news are...
Spoiler :

[to_xp]Gekko;9121545 said:
unrelated, but Dale you rock. DCM is class ;)

Thanks. :)

Now back to Kael and his fantastic news. ;)

indeed this is a very good message:clap: now i am at the verge to explode in my head while waiting for this fall

i hope this means, that all the units, LHs,... are compatible, but there are two different casting moulds from beginning for own mods:D also i guess, this means, i dont had to wait 5 years for a second dragon unit:bounce: i definitively buy both[pimp]

Congratulations, glad to hear you all your hard work has come to fruition. Best of luck with the new game.

So, did you make your own engine or are you using an existing one?

I will also pre-order this game without a second thought. This unexpected announcement has me champing at the bit for the release - Thank You!!! :band:

As someone else said before, I would buy the stand alone FFh just for saying "thank you" as I played FFH for so many hours for free...

I do beleive Firaxis is granting a franchise to Kael & Co, with possible access to the main Civ4 code, and with probably some helps in the art dept for substituing copyright materials.

It is the only way I see this project having a sound financial and technical stability, besides allowing a faster release: rewriting from scratch (in C++?) would perhaps take 2 years minimum. Unthinkable I guess...

Let me add my congratulations to you, Kael, and the rest of the team. You totally deserve this break and I hope that you can make the best of it! Like everyone else, I look forward to what you come up with and will almost certainly plunk down my $49.95 or whatever to play some FfH goodness.

As for wild speculation about what you are working on -- if you guys get a dungeon crawl to work, sort of like what I tried to do, I will be massively impressed. Fingers crossed!

Keep up the great work!

Top Bottom