Quick Questions and Answers

Can you have a traderoute with a foreign city and get some money like you get for connecting your own cities with your capital?

Like Andulias said, that was removed from CiV. However, if you go onto the Steam Workshop and search for "Foreign Trade Routes," there is a mod that enables a form of foreign trade routes in CiV.

To be honest, I haven't tried it yet. The description reads:

"Foreign Trade Routes allows one trade routes per city with another civilization's city if they are connected by road, river, coast or ocean and you have an open border agreement (or at least friendly relation for a city-state trade route) , and corresponding technology or building (Lighthouse, Harbor) for maritime trade route."

Based on the comments, people like it, and it has an average rating of 4 stars (128 people rated it).

Okay. thanks Hmm. Don't know about those mods. Probably I wil get used to no foreign trade-routes. But what's the point now about being friends and open borders? Just you can help each other if one is attacked and to get the diplomatic vote?

Does the follower belief "Religious Center" (Temples give +2 happiness in cities with 5 followers) work with the Burial Tomb building, the Egyptian replacement for the Temple? I'm coming back to Civ 5 after a long break and am trying out various ways to support a wide empire. My capital currently only has four followers, so I can't test it myself, and searching here + google didn't give any results. Thanks.

Does the follower belief "Religious Center" (Temples give +2 happiness in cities with 5 followers) work with the Burial Tomb building, the Egyptian replacement for the Temple? I'm coming back to Civ 5 after a long break and am trying out various ways to support a wide empire. My capital currently only has four followers, so I can't test it myself, and searching here + google didn't give any results. Thanks.

Yes it does, if you have 5 followers then it's 4 happiness.

This question strictly belongs to the Creation & Customisation thread but I couldn't find a suitable place to pose the question.

Is it possible to either convert a Map Script from Civ IV to Civ V? Or alternatively Change the Civ IV Square tile set to the Civ V Hexagonal Tile set?

Can someone explain what exactly it is the "Representation" social policy does? It seems rather badly worded in the game...

Can someone explain what exactly it is the "Representation" social policy does? It seems rather badly worded in the game...
When you found a city, the culture cost of acquiring a new social always policy increases by some amount (no idea what the formula for it but it's something to the effect of number of cities x number of current policies x some variable). When you take Representation, the amount that the cost increases is reduced by 33%, meaning that while the culture cost of a new social policy will go up for each new city you found, the amount it increases will bee 1/3 less than normal. Hopefully that explains it a little better. :)

I am a civ 4 veteran, but a civ 5 newbie. 1) When I build my second city, how many tiles should it be placed from the capital? 2) Is there a rule of thumb for the number tiles between cities? 3) What are the ideal number of cities for noble difficulty on a standard map by 1 AD? 4) What is the "ideal" build order for the first three productions? (In civ 4, the build order was worker-warrior-warrior/worker/settler for me). Thanks.

I am a civ 4 veteran, but a civ 5 newbie. 1) When I build my second city, how many tiles should it be placed from the capital? 2) Is there a rule of thumb for the number tiles between cities? 3) What are the ideal number of cities for noble difficulty on a standard map by 1 AD? 4) What is the "ideal" build order for the first three productions? (In civ 4, the build order was worker-warrior-warrior/worker/settler for me). Thanks.

1. Each city can work all tiles within a radius of 3 tiles, however it would need to grow to size 37 to work them all. The minimum distance between each city is 4 tiles.

2. Depends on the resources really. It's generally not a good idea to settle a city early in the game where there isn't a luxury resources. Distance doesn't matter as much as in 4, since there is no city maintenance. If there are a lot of resources cramped together it might be a good idea to build two cities that overlap, just like in IV, but generally speaking just build them where there are strategic/luxury resources you need.

3. Depends, but let's say that 3 would be a good number.

4. Opening up with a warrior? Huh, I always went worker-warrior-warrior-warrior-settler I think. Anyways, depends on the situation, but I think the golden rule seems to be scout (to get the money for meeting city states first and to get as many goody huts, ancient ruins in V, as possible), monument (the faster you get your SPs, the better, since their cost ups with the number of cities you have), worker, warrior. However G+K made it a bit harder with religion, so unless you get Stonehenge, it might be a good idea to go scout-shrine-worker-monument-warrior or something. Still experimenting.

How many hexes big are standard and large maps? I want to generate them in the world builder but the size sliders don't tell what size equivalent the map is.

Darius builds the united nation assembly(or something) and already has enough vote to win diplomacy. I take the city in which the UN is built yet Darius still gets 2 self vote? This is Civ 5 vanilla. Is it supposed to be this way or just a bug? Also, the UN description says it gives additional vote to who possesses, not the original owner.

Forge: "each source of iron produces +1 production."

Let's say I have 1 tile with Iron in my City, and it gives me 6 iron.

Does a Forge in that City give me +1 from Iron, or +6 from Iron?

Forge: "each source of iron produces +1 production."

Let's say I have 1 tile with Iron in my City, and it gives me 6 iron.

Does a Forge in that City give me +1 from Iron, or +6 from Iron?

Source of Iron here is the tile. So you only get +1, regardless of how many iron the tile produce.

Do ranged units cause more damage when they are closer to their targets?

Nope. On the other hand, melee units cause more damage when they are closer to their targets. :D

Used the search function first, but couldn't find an answer. Is there a way to tell exactly which map was chosen when you select the 'random' option? Came across one I rather like, but I have no idea how to tell what kind it is so I can purposely play the same type later on. Thanks for any help. :)

Top Bottom