Quick Questions and Answers

Is there anyway to set the screenshots in formats other than tga? I couldn't find it in the .ini files.

I have suddenly received several messages which say "a trade route between 'city x' and your capital has been broken.
Anyone know what's happening?

I have suddenly received several messages which say "a trade route between 'city x' and your capital has been broken.

2 possibilities: 1st, the road you built to that city has broken somewhere by enemy. 2nd, city state or other Civ's culture boarder expands to the tile where your road is and you are not at friendly state to the city state or have open boarder agreement with that Civ.

My question: does any one know if you get discount like in civ4 to upgrade warrior directly to pikemen? In civ5 it seems that you need bronze working before you can upgrade warrior to spear then to pikemen. And you Can't directly upgrade to pikemen from warrior, have to upgrade to spear first. Any one tried different?

Is that a bug? It doesn't sound to me like it was intended...

No clue, but I'm leaning towards "yes."
Since the unit heals after a few turns of hitting spacebar, either the "fortify until healed" (or wait until healed) option should exist, or the unit should not heal.

Dont know if its been asked before, but i am not going thru 14 pages of stuff to find out, i was having problems with the Nexus Viewer so i deleted everything including Civ V, but now it only lets me play in the DirectX 9 area, and the DirectX 10/11 isn't even available, but be fore it was, what is going on? I need it back to DX 11

I looks like its there but has also a grayed out area UNDERNEATH it?

Social Policy: Liberty/Citizenship says Worker construction rate increased by 25%. Does this mean building workers is quicker or workers improve tiles quicker? Cheers!

How do you set cities to auto manage themselves? My empire has grown large enough that I constantly have to manage each city to build. Is there any way to get them to build recommended structures? I cant find it anywhere.

If you check to see if city x is still connected to the trade network, and see the icon, don't worry. The notification seems to be bugged, giving a lot of false positives -- this has been mentioned on the bug report forum and elsewhere. This happened to me constantly when I had a sizable empire split across two continents, with false positives for cities on a different continent from my capital.

How do you set cities to auto manage themselves? My empire has grown large enough that I constantly have to manage each city to build. Is there any way to get them to build recommended structures? I cant find it anywhere.

There's no auto-build for buildings, but you can queue up a number of them.

2 possibilities: 1st, the road you built to that city has broken somewhere by enemy. 2nd, city state or other Civ's culture boarder expands to the tile where your road is and you are not at friendly state to the city state or have open boarder agreement with that Civ.

My question: does any one know if you get discount like in civ4 to upgrade warrior directly to pikemen? In civ5 it seems that you need bronze working before you can upgrade warrior to spear then to pikemen. And you Can't directly upgrade to pikemen from warrior, have to upgrade to spear first. Any one tried different?

Unfortunately, no. The roads are connected and, since I have wiped out all opposition on my continent, no other civ's influence could be in the way.
I am stymied.

Are there any guides around to trade and diplomacy yet? I'm not 100% sure what I did but a lot of the other leaders now refer to me as 'dishonourable'. Also, I very rarely get 1:1 trades on luxury resources. Just wondering how to get rid of that situation.

If you check to see if city x is still connected to the trade network, and see the icon, don't worry. The notification seems to be bugged, giving a lot of false positives -- this has been mentioned on the bug report forum and elsewhere. This happened to me constantly when I had a sizable empire split across two continents, with false positives for cities on a different continent from my capital.

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe the next patch will address this.

I'm trying to better understand the options for connecting cities to your capital. As I understand it, the two ways you can do this are:

1) connect the cities by road/railroad (railroad giving a production bonus as well)
2) build a harbor to connect via sea.

My question is can you connect a land-locked city on a different continent from your capital? For example, if City A connects to City B via road (both are in Europe), and city B has a harbor to connect to the capital (which is in North America), does that also connect City A to the capital, or is it impossible to connect City A?

Also, I will also add I've gotten the false messages saying my connections have been broken (and some that say they've been connected even though they always were connected).

I don't so much have a question as a small favor to ask, but don't know where else to ask. I haven't bought the game yet, but have been really curious about what the Earth map would look like with hexes. If anyone has the time, could someone just please post or pm me a few screenies of a broad view of Earth, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!

My question is can you connect a land-locked city on a different continent from your capital?
Yes.

City A = coast city with harbour on land mass A
City B = coast city with harbour on land mass B
City C = capital (landlocked) on land mass B

Connecting City C and City B (with a road) will create a trade route between City C and City A.

The same goes for non-capital cities. If I have a landlocked City A, which is connected via road to harbour City B, and on another continent I have my capital with a harbour in it, A, and B both have trade routes to the capital.

Works with 4 cities as well: A (road) --> B (harbour) --> (harbour) C (road) --> D
No matter which of the four is your capital, the rest will all have a trade route to it (provided the harbours aren't in lakes, and there is a water route from harbour to harbour).

Top Bottom