One purchase, two computers?

Astraeus

Chieftain
Hello all!

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I did a search and couldn't seem to find the exact answer I was looking for.

I was thinking of getting the Civ V Complete Edition for Mac. I was wondering if I bought it would I be able to install it on both my computer and my room mate's with a single purchase? Am I better off buying it from Steam or a physical copy for that or would it not matter?

Many thanks in advance for any advice you can give!

Yes, you can on Steam. The only problem is you can only play it on one computer at a time. So if you want multiplayer, you need two copies.

Yes, you can on Steam. The only problem is you can only play it on one computer at a time. So if you want multiplayer, you need two copies.

Thanks for your answer!

Ah, so we couldn't play a local mulitiplayer game (just us and the AI) with the one copy?

You can play a single Campaign edition (MacApp Store) on multiple Macs (up to five?) if they are all registered with the same iTunes account.

It supports LAN multiplayer. There's a PitBoss option in the latest version, but I haven't tried it.

I believe that should be the case, but I haven't tried.

Top Bottom