College Football In Season Thread

Didn't see that. I did see the 200 yards rushing. To Vandy . . .

EDIT: Apparently Grantham and Franklin each felt players from the other side had engaged in dirty or unsportsmanlike play, and they got into it a little. Remember Grantham was the 'choke' coach at Florida last year . . .

wooooooooooooooo storming the field wooooooooooooo

Don't get used to it. My first year I rushed the field after UVA beat an overrated, undefeated top 15 team (#4 FSU). The next week we lost 7-5 away to a craptastic UNC team.

EDIT: 6 years ago to the day, apparently. Weird.

My new top ten, again based only on actual on the field results thus far, not performance or perceived quality:

LSU
Clemson
Alabama
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State
Arkansas
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Kansas State
Oregon

Okie State jumped Wisconsin because they now have two quality wins vs. Wisconsin's one. Arkansas jumped Wisconsin as well, which is less defensible, but both their quality wins look a little better after yesterday, and their loss to Alabama looks a little better as well. I'm maybe giving Michigan State a little too much credit for beating Michigan, and they do have a bad loss to Notre Dame, but it's where I'm putting them for now. Oregon sneaks in now that they have a quality win. Boise drops out not because of anything they did, but to make room for Michigan State and Oregon, both of whom have better wins. Arizona State dropped out after their second loss of the season . . .

I wouldn't put Clemson that high. They apparently have no defense at all if Wofford can get over 200 yards on them, much less yesterday's game. They seem to think they are playing basketball.

They're undefeated and have three wins over ranked teams, though one of them was Florida State. The only other teams with more than two wins over ranked teams are Alabama and LSU. Really Clemson should be behind Alabama, but I figured it'd be better to put the best from a different conference ahead of the second best from the same conference.

Remember, this isn't the ten best teams, it's the ten best seasons so far -- I imagine Clemson would probably lose to at least seven or eight of the other teams on the list . . .

You have Michigan State way too high. They beat an incredibly overrated Michigan team and lost to an above-average ND squad.

Notre Dame is a bad loss, and while Michigan was ranked 11th and 6-0 before Michigan State beat them, none of their wins were over particularly good competition. Notre Dame was their best win, I guess, and that wasn't very impressive.

OTOH, the only teams with quality wins that I have lower than Michigan State are Kansas State, Boise State, Oregon, SMU and Illinois, so they can't really be "way too high".

Illinois' loss to OSU is at least as bad as losing to Notre Dame, and beating Baylor is not as good as beating Michigan, so Illinois should be lower.

SMU's loss to A&M is better, but their 'quality' win over TCU is suspect, so they should be lower.

The four remaining 'one win' teams are closer, and you could put them in pretty much any order and justify it.

Boise's undefeated and has maybe the best win of the four, but Georgia lost to South Carolina as well, so there's that.

Oregon has the best loss of the four vs. LSU, but their win over ASU isn't great.

K State's win is over Baylor, which doesn't compare great to the other wins here, but OTOH they are still undefeated.

So the lowest Michigan State could possibly be is 11th, really . . .

Michigan is a far better team now then anything that was there during the Rich Rod era.

Apparently Grantham and Franklin each felt players from the other side had engaged in dirty or unsportsmanlike play, and they got into it a little. Remember Grantham was the 'choke' coach at Florida last year . . .

Really!?! There is a big difference between doing the choke to your team's biggest rival during a game winning kick and getting into verbal fisticuffs with a head coach who was chewing out one of your players and was looking for a fight. Franklin was looking to yell at Mark Richt but Grantham ran into him instead.

Oh, I don't think they were yelling about that, I was just reminding you who Grantham was, which was probably unnecessary since you are a Georgia fan, but since I'm not I needed reminding. I mostly mentioned it because it was in the article I read about it. This is the article:

Linky . . .

Congratulations, Michigan is now able to defeat FCS teams.

Well, Rich Rod never lost to an FCS school, and the Michigan squad that lost to Appalachian State turned around the season and finished great.

I felt bad for poor ESPN trying to create some drama around those BCS standings.

I just saw this at rollbamaroll and I love that Penn State and North Texas outrushed our SEC competition . . :

Penn State by itself has out rushed all other SEC teams combined that Alabama has faced according to that chart :eek:
It's pretty clear that Penn State has been there toughest opponent at this point into the season.

Top Bottom