"Lafayette, I have returned."

Greetings, Oz. Anything that I can do to help your Mod?

Cheers to one and all!

@ timerover - I was rather hoping to tap your extensive knowledge :goodjob: It's amazing how little in the way of Civ-applicable techs appeared between 1715 (I'm starting just after the War Of The Spanish Succession) and 1770 (the Boston "Massacre.") ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated :thanx:

@ clamel - Don't worry, I've been ill, not amnesiacal ;)

@ Civinator - I'll dig around :)

@ Balthasar - "Hope I die before I get old." ;)

Cheers To One & All,

:)z

A little late, but, "Welcome back!" :)

Cheers to one and all!

@ timerover - I was rather hoping to tap your extensive knowledge :goodjob: It's amazing how little in the way of Civ-applicable techs appeared between 1715 (I'm starting just after the War Of The Spanish Succession) and 1770 (the Boston "Massacre.") ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated :thanx:

@ clamel - Don't worry, I've been ill, not amnesiacal ;)

@ Civinator - I'll dig around :)

@ Balthasar - "Hope I die before I get old." ;)

Cheers To One & All,

I have been thinking of possible tech advances for you. Some are just beyond your time frame, but you might want to consider them.

James Watt's Steam Engine-at the end of your period.

Water-powered Loom-again at end of your period.

The Carronade naval gun-about 1780, but could have been made earlier

Gribeauval's Artillery reforms, along with Muller's artillery reforms, both mid-18th century, recommending lightening and standardization of artillery and naval pieces.

Canning of foods-right after 1800, but again, could have been earlier.

Development of the schooner by the North American colonists.

Accurate Chronometer-early 1770s, in time for Cook

Improved map-making and navigation instruments and tables, especially by Cook and some of the French

Ben Franklin identifying the Gulf Stream for faster Atlantic navigation and crossings.

Development of onboard processing of whale oil by the North American colonists. Might want to add sperm whales as a bonus resource in coast, sea, and ocean hexes.

Use of Coke to make pig iron, starting in England, shifting the reliance from forests to coal mines, reducing the cost of producing iron.

Let me know if you need more, and I will see what I can come up with. The steam boat would be really close too.

I have been thinking of possible tech advances for you. Some are just beyond your time frame, but you might want to consider them.

James Watt's Steam Engine-at the end of your period.

Water-powered Loom-again at end of your period.

The Carronade naval gun-about 1780, but could have been made earlier

Gribeauval's Artillery reforms, along with Muller's artillery reforms, both mid-18th century, recommending lightening and standardization of artillery and naval pieces.

Canning of foods-right after 1800, but again, could have been earlier.

Development of the schooner by the North American colonists.

Accurate Chronometer-early 1770s, in time for Cook

Improved map-making and navigation instruments and tables, especially by Cook and some of the French

Ben Franklin identifying the Gulf Stream for faster Atlantic navigation and crossings.

Development of onboard processing of whale oil by the North American colonists. Might want to add sperm whales as a bonus resource in coast, sea, and ocean hexes.

Use of Coke to make pig iron, starting in England, shifting the reliance from forests to coal mines, reducing the cost of producing iron.

Let me know if you need more, and I will see what I can come up with. The steam boat would be really close too.

As always, the Gentleman & Scholar :) Many thanks! *sigh* if only C3 could allow us to insert minor events such as, oh, the American Revolution.

A belated Merry Christmas & Soon-To-Be 2015 to you, my friend,

I forgot Frederick the Great's introduction of the iron ramrod for muskets, increasing their rate of fire considerably. Also, good old Freddy loved to use howitzers to hit troops in defilade, unlike good old Nappy.

I forgot Frederick the Great's introduction of the iron ramrod for muskets, increasing their rate of fire considerably. Also, good old Freddy loved to use howitzers to hit troops in defilade, unlike good old Nappy.

Ah! You've added 2 for me for Freddy - he also introduced horse artillery.

:xmascheers: ,

Ah! You've added 2 for me for Freddy - he also introduced horse artillery.

:xmascheers: ,

Should have mentioned the Horse Artillery too, but I thought that you knew that. By the way, Horse Artillery should be pretty expensive. Maybe cost about twice that of standard artillery.

I would have to check, but you had the start of the Canal movement in England for speeding up transportation. Have to check on the date on that. If I remember correctly, Josiah Wedgewood played a role in that.

Do you have the development of the East Indiaman in there somewhere?

It's amazing how little in the way of Civ-applicable techs appeared between 1715 (I'm starting just after the War Of The Spanish Succession) and 1770 (the Boston "Massacre.") ANY assistance would be greatly appreciated :thanx:

Oz, may be here you can get some inspiration about techs of that time:
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Empire_Total_War
On that site click on the techtree.

Are you still working on that scenario?

Oz, may be here you can get some inspiration about techs of that time:
http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Empire_Total_War
On that site click on the techtree.

Are you still working on that scenario?

TY :) ... But I abandoned it :( as I simply could not get a global scenario of that period to work: LOTS of "dead" space on the map; tough to get the AI to perform actions in India, or to get the Qing to move south/southwest (and I had, of necessity, already utilized 3 of the 4 available Alliances: Alliance 1 = Great Britain (including Hanover) + Holland + Portugal; Alliance 2 = France + Spain + Bavaria + Scotland; Alliance 3 = Russia + Poland.)

Even with Yoda's "Europe Enlarged" map, Europe was insanely congested.

Nonetheless, I've already bookmarked that URL - it's a good one to have.

... But wait a couple of weeks and I'll have a surprise :D I figure that, after all these years, I want to pump out 2 very specific mods before the PC goes extinct.

Cheers, My Friend,
Oz

TY :) ... But I abandoned it :( as I simply could not get a global scenario of that period to work: LOTS of "dead" space on the map; tough to get the AI to perform actions in India, or to get the Qing to move south/southwest (and I had, of necessity, already utilized 3 of the 4 available Alliances: Alliance 1 = Great Britain (including Hanover) + Holland + Portugal; Alliance 2 = France + Spain + Bavaria + Scotland; Alliance 3 = Russia + Poland.)

Even with Yoda's "Europe Enlarged" map, Europe was insanely congested.

Nonetheless, I've already bookmarked that URL - it's a good one to have.

... But wait a couple of weeks and I'll have a surprise :D I figure that, after all these years, I want to pump out 2 very specific mods before the PC goes extinct.

Cheers, My Friend,
Oz

Greetings, Oz. I am looking forward to this surprise of yours.

Top Bottom