Useful Patches for Civ 3 Conquests v1.22

Ähm... did You allready removed the submarine bug and I missed it? :confused:

I placed three submarines directly in the path of three Maya ships and all three stopped before running into my submarines.

This is very irritating. :eek:

EDIT: Never mind, the submarine bug seems still to be there. Two rounds later a complete convoi (2 War Galley and one Galeon) run over HMS Piranha and gave me a war without breaking my trade reputation. ;)

What happened to Antal1987, what is the latest call on these patches ???

Could it be as I feared during the summer that he pops up swirl around and goes up in smoke, half-cocked. He was stirring this game up with some great expectations but will this remain dreams.

I can´t see that anything has happened during the entire fall so I guess he is gone for the moment.
Is anyone using these patches and what is the outcome, result, crashes or anything ??

clamel... I believe the Patches were made from Civilization III/Conquests but they do not work for CIV Complete because of the differences. Because most people now use CIV Complete, the Patches would have to be made for it.
I have the Original CivIII/Conquests/Play the World CDs with the Original Game patches but a Friend of mine could not use the Antal1987 Patch for removing the magenta line in the Civilopedia for Scenarios because he uses CIV Complete... it caused Game Problems.

I do not know if others have had problems with the Antal1987 Patches using CIV Complete but I am interested to know.

What happened to Antal1987, what is the latest call on these patches ???

Could it be as I feared during the summer that he pops up swirl around and goes up in smoke, half-cocked. He was stirring this game up with some great expectations but will this remain dreams.

I can´t see that anything has happened during the entire fall so I guess he is gone for the moment.
Is anyone using these patches and what is the outcome, result, crashes or anything ??

Sorry for disppearing :D
I've got now huge pile of work and I haven't finished it yet.

I'm gonna continue after New Year...

It´s great that you are here again! :) You are our future in playing Civ. :)

Thanks for the update - and no need to be sorry, mate. I'm glad you haven't forgotton us and our beloved game :).

Regarding questions wheather the patches works or not:
I'm using the zero-pollution patch with Conquest (not Civ3 Complete), and it works perfectly - I haven't experienced any crashes, unstabilities or unwanted side-effects whatsoever. This patch removed what I consider is one of the game's most annoying bug. The last patch with expanded city-limits also worked (only tried it in Conquest), but I haven't tested it thoroughly.

Hi Antal, it's great to hear from you again! End of a submarine bug and extended city borders are good news, the only problem is that's impossible to give citizen a profession in the city screen. When I click on the citizen, system just assignes a worker to tile.

Great news Antal,
as other said before your patches are truly promising in many areas.

For me I still hope the artillery and sub handling by the AI can be sorted out, but the bridge thing sounded cool.

Everything you're doing sounds great :thumbsup: ... Except getting rid of the "submarine bug."

It can actually be quite useful in scenarios where one might wish to depict borders beyond the control-scope of cities, utilizing invisible units as "tripwires" to trigger wars.

Might it be possible to somehow have this optional? :please:

Best Regards,

Oz

ı have received a friendship request on my interest in CivIII . Now that in RL ı have been involved in some serious unjustified troubles ı avoid links like hell and this is as good a thread as any to declare am a friend of anybody who plays and enjoys CivIII . Hopefully when ı ever manage to write up a scenario of my own , ı will be more than pleased to receive advice on which units to add . And now that this is a thread where we all look in the future with certainly justified expectation , are there any work on enlarging the locked alliances options , say 8 instead of 4 groups ?

Привет, Antal1987! Я потрясен, прочитав эту ветку, аплодирую стоя! :) Дальше, видимо, нужно все-таки писать по-аглицки, согласно правилам форума :)

You are really a hope for the future for the Civilization III, the best of all strategic games :)

Could I have some suggestions as well, please?
I do not always understand English well enough and could well omit some information, so:

1. is it possible to increase the limit of civs in a game for more than 31?

2. could you please-please-please :) increase the number of culture groups?
Ideally, like Steph said, any civilization should have its own graphic, that would add an incredible realism and beauty to the game process.

(It is an important thing I suppose, because now any global scenario is always limited to some very strange city graphic blocking like throwing indian, asian-nomadic, african and mid-eastern muslim cities into "one culture type". It is a frustrating and annoying mistake of the Firaxis, really).
I managed to sneak around this problem in my MEM-based personal scenario and now I do have 8 culture groups on the map instead of 5. But it is actually a false solution which can only work for visual specification of some savage tribe villages, not for real full-fledged, four-era civilizations.

So if it is possible to increase the culture groups limit by at least a factor of two - please, do it. ) That would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

I think it is not so very important that all would-be new culture types necessarily had all the specific graphics for the pop-up heads, in-city buildings etc - just different city appearance would be really wonderful. Thanks in advance...

3. Is it possible to have different technologies (and/or resources) needed to perform the same worker actions on different terrains?

For example, irrigation action. You discover, say 'farming' - and than your worker can irrigate just grasslands and floodplains. The land produces more food and the work does not require any special resource to be completed. But than SOME of the civilization discover, say, 'uphill rice padding' - and it is their workers only that can now irrigate hills to produce huge amouts of new food. And maybe for that hill-irrigation they need a special resource like, say, 'round-grain rice variety'.
Is it possible?

4. The last but not the least, in my opinion... - So... do you think it is possible to have the Civ 3 become a "game of irreversible choices"?

Like in real history - if some culture decides to migrate to the tropical islands, they will never master the tactics of massive horse army attack. But they will discover how to use balsa-timber to cross the Pacific, perhaps. Or, if you decide to discover Christianity, you will never discover the technology for tearing-out victim hearts and will not produce huge amount of "culture" in your city (and scared unhappy citizens as well).

This would change the gaming experience, I think, adding real uncertainty of the future prospects and blowbacks for decisions of the past. Like in real life.

The problem of the Civilization game, to my mind, is its absolute predictability. Even though it is a great game, the best maybe, but in fact you can have just two uncertain aspects: which Civ will win the war and which Civ will build a wonder first. That is all. - All the rest is totally known from the start - all the technology path with all its sub-sides and each building\unit being made available after each discovery.

So my point is - could you make a patch where a discovery of one starting technology would enable one future technology line AND forever disable another technology line with all its buildings AND units for an alternative starting technology and vice versa? Or, better yet, a discover of one starting technology would disable a whole range of other starting technologies with all their descending techs. Best would be to make several such bifurcational historical points during the total life of your civilization in game. That would really simulate History...

Извини, что много, и спасибо тебе (вам?) за великолепную работу!
Best wishes

second the thing about forgetting techs . And now that it bogs me definitely a way to draw land next to sea or ocean without the automatic presense of coast tile between . When had this weird variety on my XP , before patching to 1.22 am sure that it could be done .

Привет,

1. is it possible to increase the limit of civs in a game for more than 31?

This has already been asked. And I think it was said that you cant increase the amount of civs in a game, but increase the amount of civs that can be selected from the player setup.

Anyway 31 civs already has some problems running, any more would definately take a long time to play the game.

This is incredibly cool... but I have Civ3 Complete. I'm sad.:sad: So there's no workaround? I would bet most people have that. Is it even possible to buy the old packages anymore? The increase of worker tiles alone makes this awesome.

This is incredibly cool... but I have Civ3 Complete.
I am running it on Civ3 Complete here. ;)

You will have to place the files in the CIV3/Conquests folder and then launch it instead of the Civ3Conquests.exe.

It works in its latest version flawless so far, but it is still lacking the no-raze-patch (which I found to be essential after I have witnessed that a KI razed a city with both Smiths Trading and Sun Tzu Art :rolleyes: :mad: ).

Another discussion about Antals extended city area is here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=531816

Kirejara, thank you for your kind answer. I'll bet it helps others who consider the same question.

Now I'm curious to try the patch, but I actually think it could make placement of cities an issue due to more worker tiles. It would definitely help coastline cities though. As a very young person, I read a science essay about the proximity of cities to coastal and in riverports as the beginning of civilization. And yet in CIV3 doing so really limits the amount of shields one can acquire, so this patch is an improvement. One could make more shields accessible though with improvements versus doing this.

Unless the map is planned and not random, and the map is using the maximum, then the actual number of cities per civilization is generally unrealistically small. It's why I'm thinking of using beginning homes that become a village and then a town versus the typical city becoming a metropolis.

So many worker tiles will mean more overlapping of map shields, and hence less cities on a map.

A solution outside of the patch is to make a tiny inlet harbor and preplace cities so that you have many more worker tiles for that coastal city versus a random map that may only have a sliver of land upon which to irrigate and grow crops. Or make a fish resource that is on land but is being taken from the sea next to it (which also means intentionally mapping those resources).

regarding the shild amount of coastal cities. : u can simply create new improvements that enhance the number of shilds produces by water tiles. this its also possible to make coastal cities much more prodctive than any continental one

Top Bottom