Question regarding using one flavor for all special techs

Nathiri

Commander
So in this scenario, I have special governments assigned to special techs specific to certain civilization(s). I made one flavor called 'Special Gov' and assigned that to all special government techs and gave it to each civ in the scenario. Since I dont want to take up too many flavors and also there wouldnt be enough flavors for each special government.

Just wondering if this would cause any issues for the AI or any game issues.

Yes I do have techs only available to certain civilizations and have made favourite and shunned governments for the civs on a tech only available to them or a couple civs. According to the help section on editor they should switch as soon as possible to that government when it is available.

I also thought it would be helpful to have a flavor on the tech that has the government so the AI would choose the techs to get there over researching other techs which is what I thought from my research into flavors. I only used one flavor and gave that to all the civs and the tech that has the government available for the civilization. According to the help section this sort of "pushes" the AI to research one tech over another tech. What im wondering is if this causes any AI issues because they are unable to research a tech that has that flavor because the tech is not available for them to research.

Do you think this would be very helpful at all? or is not really helpful to have the flavor?

Thanks for the information links.

I'm doing the same thing with my own scenario, but with several flavors. The AI has been going straight for the government technologies.

Re: my link to alexman's formula on how the AI "decides" what tech to research next, here are the top handful to show just how highly a new gov type is valued:

SS Component: 261/turns
Government: 259/turns
Conscription: 259/turns
Mobilization: 259/turns
Defender (no resource): 198
Attacker (no resource): 134
No trade: 149/turns
Defender (resource reqd): 70
Naval Transport: 34
Resource (lux, strat, bonus): 16
Double Worker Speed: 8

-:scan:z