Useful Patches for Civ 3 Conquests v1.22

I have another idea to avoid the 31 civilisations limt, but I do not know if this is much easier than "real" more than 31 civilisations in game:

Keep the in game limit at 31, but increase the limit at the selection screen. So one can have as many civs as one like in storage.

This would be a big increase in possibilities as it would be no longer nessecary to remove a civ or leader in favour of another. Even two leaders for one country could be possible with a little twist (example: China with Empress Wu and Redchina with Mao or France with Joan d'Arc and First Empire with Emperor Napoleon).

I don't completely understand.

The limit spreads only on class_Leader objects (you can locate it in memory by "LEAD" string). Each class_Leader object represents a player (human one or AI). That class refers to class_Race object by foreign key (class_Leader::RaceID). You can locate it by searching Civilopedia Entries like RACE_BARBARIANS.
Different data relate to different classes: cities, units and warfare stats - to class_Leader; leader names, titles, bonuses and so on - to class_Race.

So, did you mean a Civ (Leader) class having more that 1 Race? Like at the start a Civilization has 1-st Race, and after some events it turns into 2-nd Race.

I think he means creating several "virtual civilizations", more than 31, possibly several copies of the same civilization but with a different leader, and then select which one you actually want in game, with the limit of 31 civ.

In my expanded game mechanism, I have added the possibility to change the leader, general names, civ traits, city names, etc with each era.

I think he means creating several "virtual civilizations", more than 31, possibly several copies of the same civilization but with a different leader, and then select which one you actually want in game, with the limit of 31 civ.

In my expanded game mechanism, I have added the possibility to change the leader, general names, civ traits, city names, etc with each era.

.. and in my eyes this would be the best option, as each era has ist own leader-animations and therefore there is the place for using era-specific different leaders. :yup:

Ok, it seems I had explained my idea poorly. :blush:

I will try it with other words and hopefully more understandable. ;)

We have now 31 cultures in the game. All of them could be in the game itself at once depending on map size and scenario.

Would it be possible to not change the maximum limit of 31 cultures in the game itself (which is according to Antal next to impossible), but remove the limit of selectable cultures in the game setup menu.

So that you will have (for example) 100 cultures for selection (in the "Choose your Civilisation screen"), but still a maximum of 31 cultures in the simulation itself.

But if I understand Antal´s last post correct, these two limits are bounded with each other. :(

I must also admit, that I dislike the idea of changing leaders with each era (and conquering Joan´s France with the First Empire of Napoleon seems to me not much different than a war between Constantinople and Istanbul... ;) ).

I assume that allowing for more than 8 players in multi players is just as hard as the civ limit? I don't mean more than 8 humans, just more AIs because there are so many good scenarios with more than 8 players that cannot be played in MP. :(

I assume that allowing for more than 8 players in multi players is just as hard as the civ limit? I don't mean more than 8 humans, just more AIs because there are so many good scenarios with more than 8 players that cannot be played in MP. :(

Already possible :)

Well... Changing Civ limit in Game Player Parameters Form is much easier. I've almost decompiled and recognized OOP controls model, so now I can build new kind of dialog for choosing game players. How about adding scroll panel with array of 31 comboboxes instead of simple panel with only 15 comboboxes. And each one of it's list would also contains all races and 2 options: None and Random.

In order to simplify scenario specifying process I would also append textbox to change enabled combobox count.

Antal, do you think you can remove available barbarians units limitation. Now we can add only two different units, it would be nice to have more, 5, 10 or unlimited.

Antal, do you think you can remove available barbarians units limitation. Now we can add only two different units, it would be nice to have more, 5, 10 or unlimited.

Its not actually a limit. Its just hard coded options being used when the game creates barbarians or barbarian camps. Only 2 land unit types and 1 naval unit type for barbarians are prodived. Providing new barbarian unit types requires rewriting some functions. And first of all it requires understanding how it works.

Anyway new barbarian unit types would be provided by new options inside Patch Framework INI file.

good news continue then .

ı am playing large maps lately and give vulnerable cities to AI instead of loosing them to enemy invasion . And going down that list in the diplomacy screen is hard . Is it possible to add a city locator to that screen to function like SHIFT+L ? Also would it be possible to secure tiles to be used only by one city ? Say , there is a cattle within range of 3 cities and ı want it to be used by only my capital and not the other two .

Is it possible to add a city locator to that screen to function like SHIFT+L ?
I think it is...

Also would it be possible to secure tiles to be used only by one city ? Say , there is a cattle within range of 3 cities and ı want it to be used by only my capital and not the other two .

I don't know yet. City tiles controlling is pretty difficult process. Every tile has a field (City_Area_ID), which describes an ID of owner City. When a Worker occupies some Tile, its City_Area_ID is set to the corresponding city's ID.

City's worker cannot occupy a tile with City_Area_ID different from City's ID.
When the Worker leaves the Tile, its City_Area_ID becomes -1.

So, to bind the Tile to the City, first of all, I have to find some free space in Tile class object to store 1 new bit (1 - bound, 0 - unbound). Second, I have to modify appropriate function responsible for setting workers to tiles.

But this is not all to be fixed. When city limit shrinks, all tiles out of that limi have to clear City_Area_ID and new bit... What does the game have to do whether enemy unit occupies bound tile? So there are some related problems.

thanks for everything so far ; and ı can do without the last .

Is it possible to create a rule for example where you can force a nation to stop a war? And if not... war will be declared?

would like to see that as well , ı like weak civs that ı can give cities to take back later . Otherwise it becomes such a "thrilling" thing to continously give cities to one AI to see it taken by another AI .

also would like to have a timer of sorts . Might have even asked for it previously . So that say nobody makes muskets before 1500 or ironclads before 1850 . Playing the Vanilla huge Earth map again , went real fast with science and the enemy fields ironclads in 1650 instead of 1890s as ı remember it from the previous game . Might be connected to a scenario type where wonder victory is the aim . Making it fixed would certainly turn off people who are fast enough to win with stacks of swordsmen .

Top Bottom