Making the Game Longer (more turns)

raindog

Chieftain
Is there a mod or XML parameter tweak I can use to make the game last longer? In other words, is there a way to have the game end in 2150 or 2250 instead of 2050?

I don't mean epic or marathon mode. Those extend the game, but also make things longer to build. While that changes the game (sometimes for good) it's not what I'm after.

I prefer domination victories and I just find myself often hitting the late 1800s and needing to scramble because of what seems like an artificial limit.

Thanks!

If you start your games using Custom Game instead of Play Now, you can turn off the Time Victory. With that off, the game will continue until you or an AI achieve any of the other victories (assuming that you did not turn off any of those), no matter how late the year becomes.

If you start your games using Custom Game instead of Play Now, you can turn off the Time Victory. With that off, the game will continue until you or an AI achieve any of the other victories (assuming that you did not turn off any of those), no matter how late the year becomes.

Oh wow - I never noticed that. Thanks much.

Top Bottom