The A to Z challenge

godochaos

Chieftain
I've been playing a lot of multiplayer, and decided I didn't want to be one of those guys who plays the same civ every time, and who has some sort of precise script I follow every time I play.

So what I decided to do was to play every civ in multiplayer and to go through them all alphabetically, A to Z. When you get a win or loss with that civ in which you played it enough to really get the feel for them then you move on to the next.

Defining an official win on loss that triggers moving on to the next civ is up to you. For instance if you start out next to a human playing Zulu who zergs you, and you lose your first warrior to a barb hut, and then get crushed, then I wouldn't count it as official and would try indians again. A number of times I locked up and so I played the same civ again.

Taking the A to Z challenge has really taught me a lot, and gotten me to play outside my usual playing style. I am now up the alphabet to the Mongolians and think they may be tough for me, but i'm looking forward to trying a new civ tonight. I can truly say that the quality of my play as I have moved from A to M has changed drastically.

I had the most fun with the Indians and had the most bad luck with the Egyptians. In one game with the Egyptians I lost Warriors to barb huts 3 times!.

If you are a new player getting into multiplayer, if you have not found the right civ for your play style yet, or if you just need a challenge, then:

Take the A to Z challenge

Post your experiences here and tell me how it worked out

Top Bottom