How does this happen...

Tarmac

Chieftain
... does a 7.5 catapult beat a 12 archer army?

I had the game saved, and reloaded 4x. Every time, the non-vet catapult attacking from a hill beat my fortified vet archer army. Every time.

Clearly the game is broken.

Whoops, i had the # wrong. My 15 got beat by a 7.5

12 consecutive times.

2:1 odds, every time.

Keep reloading, pal. It will just keep happening. CivRev doesn't use a random seed on reload, so combat results right after a load will always be the same.

Sometimes things against the odds happen. The other guy always has a chance to win.

Moderator Action: Thread title changed and posts merged.

Even self-censorship isn't allowed, and also you can use the Edit button instead of making successive posts.

While the probability of something like this happening is low, it can still occur, and that's part of what keeps the random number generator realistic. Eventually, something like this will happen in your favor and you'll think nothing of it. ;)

Keep reloading, pal. It will just keep happening. CivRev doesn't use a random seed on reload, so combat results right after a load will always be the same.

Yep.

You could reload that battle a million times and it will always play out exactly the same way.

The only way to change the seed (and thus have the battle recalculated) is by letting another turn go by, or by going back to a save a few turns earlier and doing things differently then your originally did.

Both of these will give you a new seed upon which the battle's outcome is determined. It doesn't give you a guaranteed victory, but it will re-do the battle with a new a seed.

Oh and a 7.5 beating a 15 isn't that bad. Yes it certainly sucks when it happens to you, but with good strategy you can still lose battles like that and win the war.

Edit: If your whole war/game/strategy hinged on the outcome of that one battle, it's time to rethink your strategy and develop better ones.

Yeah a 7.5 beating a 15 is a pain but seriously, it's not that unlikely. If my math is correct, it'll happen 1 out of 3 times. I don't see why people complain about the odds so much. It's like rolling dice.

Top Bottom