[BTS] MarnzMod

Hi BMarz,

This is a really great mod. I am having a lot of fun with it. I tried a game as the Persians and noticed that the Tremor replacement for Archers does not work in this mod. I changed the Persian Archer from Tremor to Babylonian Bowman as it seemed the best alternative. This gave me an archer unit for the Persians, but I would still like to see the Tremor. I looked at all your XML files, but I could not find what was preventing the Tremor from showing. I wonder if something got left out somewhere else?

Keep up the good work, I really look forward to more updates for this mod. It has replaced Extra as one of my two favorite mods. My other favorite is Rise of Man. That one has some really nice additional buildings, units, and additional sciences to discover.

Berean

Hi BMarz,

This is a really great mod. I am having a lot of fun with it. I tried a game as the Persians and noticed that the Tremor replacement for Archers does not work in this mod. I changed the Persian Archer from Tremor to Babylonian Bowman as it seemed the best alternative. This gave me an archer unit for the Persians, but I would still like to see the Tremor. I looked at all your XML files, but I could not find what was preventing the Tremor from showing. I wonder if something got left out somewhere else?

Keep up the good work, I really look forward to more updates for this mod. It has replaced Extra as one of my two favorite mods. My other favorite is Rise of Man. That one has some really nice additional buildings, units, and additional sciences to discover.

Berean

I'm glad you like the mod. I fixed the tremor bug. It'll be in the update I'm posting very soon.;)

Is it possible to include Dales Combat Mod?

Hi BMarnz,

Wow, fast response! Thanks! I look forward to you update.

Berean

Edit: changelog updated :)

Oh and I was wondering, whats your intention with the polish courthouse? The bonus is extremely unbalanced I'd say, getting +25% great general emergence PER courthouse? :)
At 20 courthouses thats a 500% increase, and yes I tested it in game and it does appear to be cumulative :(
I put it to 5% for my own games :)

I have just posted new update. Here's the changes:

Added Varietas Delectat mod by Avain
Added additional flavor units by Zerver, Danrell, GeneralMatt, Magicmoon44
Added Dido of Carthage leader by PW90
Added Viktor Yushchenko of Ukraine leader by GarretSidzaka
Added Lt. Bob's 40civ mod
Added Battering Ram from ViSa
Added Bombard from ViSa
Changed America's UU from Navy Seal to F-15
Added Special Forces using Navy Seal unit, upgrades from marine and paratrooper
Added Marnz Motor Company corporation

Have Fun!!! :D

Right the unit info for the battering ram is completely skewed :) Lots of screwed up variables by the looks of it, and stuff like "Replaces Tiger", consecutive unit costs increased by 2823454325%" :) Other then that it appears to be working fine ^^

Edit: changelog updated :)

Oh and I was wondering, whats your intention with the polish courthouse? The bonus is extremely unbalanced I'd say, getting +25% great general emergence PER courthouse? :)
At 20 courthouses thats a 500% increase, and yes I tested it in game and it does appear to be cumulative :(
I put it to 5% for my own games :)

Geez, bugs already! :cry:
I ported Poland from a module. I guess I didn't look close enough at it. I'll make a change.

Right the unit info for the battering ram is completely skewed :) Lots of screwed up variables by the looks of it, and stuff like "Replaces Tiger", consecutive unit costs increased by 2823454325%" :) Other then that it appears to be working fine ^^

Ooops forget to update the unitclassinfos in ny update folder. :sad:

Thanx for the early reports. :)

Any chance you can release that unitclassinfo file seperately aswell? :p

Yep, just did. Posted patch v1.7a in first posted.

Fixes Battering Ram bug.
Changes Polish Sejmik GG bonus to 5%.
Increases tech costs 50%.
Increase growth threshold 33%.

The tech/growth increase I meant to do for the update but forgot to do.

Yep, just did. Posted patch v1.7a in first posted.

Fixes Battering Ram bug.
Changes Polish Sejmik GG bonus to 5%.
Increases tech costs 50%.
Increase growth limit 33%.

The tech/growth increase I meant to do for the update but forgot to do.

Hmm, the gameinfo folder in the file was empty tho?

Edit: Ghaa, my quote timing just sucks tonight :D So.. again, nevermind ^^
Edit2: Guess "The tech/growth increase I meant to do for the update but forgot to do" doesn't mean you noticed you missed to include the gameinfo files :)

Hmm, the gameinfo folder in the file was empty tho?

Edit: Ghaa, my quote timing just sucks tonight :D So.. again, nevermind ^^
Edit2: Guess "The tech/growth increase I meant to do for the update but forgot to do" doesn't mean you noticed you missed to include the gameinfo files :)

I just reuploaded the patch with the missing gameinfo file. :crazyeye:

On the keyboard use " to incase QUOTES of any Tech not what looks like a comma , fix for Fortifacation pedia Kobukson pedia and a fix for your CvMainInterface to show your nine Corporations
example look at SCIENCE_QUOTE and look at the change I left English unchange to show you what I mean I do not even have that upper looking comma on my keyboard , The game uses " this is if you use a sound file for the Tech Quotes.

bmarnz and others,

I like the things added in this mod but what do you think of the stability of this mod ?
I started a game and it keeps hanging between the turns ,what are the experiences of other players ?
Did you finish most of the games ?

On the keyboard use " to incase QUOTES of any Tech not what looks like a comma , fix for Fortifacation pedia Kobukson pedia and a fix for your CvMainInterface to show your nine Corporations
example look at SCIENCE_QUOTE and look at the change I left English unchange to show you what I mean I do not even have that upper looking comma on my keyboard , The game uses " this is if you use a sound file for the Tech Quotes.

Thanx for the help. :D

bmarnz and others,

I like the things added in this mod but what do you think of the stability of this mod ?
I started a game and it keeps hanging between the turns ,what are the experiences of other players ?
Did you finish most of the games ?

I've finished the three games I've started, at various stages of mod development. Most recently a v1.6 game. Other than Bhuric's patch, Lt. Bob's 40civ mod, and a few screen adjustments, my changes are in XML which really doesn't affect stability unless I make a typo or miss an entry. I patch those bugs as soon as discovered. Hopes this helps. :)

Something weird is happening - I don't start with the basic civics of ignorance or shamanism - that is I don't have any education of healthcare civic selected. Also, walls appear as a red line around the city in the ancient era.

I am using v1.7 with patch 1.7a.

Something weird is happening - I don't start with the basic civics of ignorance or shamanism - that is I don't have any education of healthcare civic selected. Also, walls appear as a red line around the city in the ancient era.

I am using v1.7 with patch 1.7a.

What civ are you playing? :confused:

I am playing Egypt. The walls appear in the classic period and are OK from then on.

added: I just noticed Workshops disappear in the indust era.

Great mod, bmarnz.

Do you know of any way to get any of the predefined maps to work with this mod? My application always crashes to desktop when I try to load any of them. I know Amra had a bunch of maps he did for his mod which worked properly...maybe it has to do with the new resources. Would it be possible to use the same maps with your mod?

Top Bottom