THE Civ of the Week Thread!

Ik you have a long list of civs ahead of you, but a suggestion for the end of that list:
some smaller modern civ, maybe in central america or the Caribbean, or middle east like qatar, i think its fun playing as those small modern civs, just a suggestion :crazyeye:

Sorry, I don't do modern civs usually. I just really don't like modern history, so it's more of a preference thing for me.

Great!
You should also redo the Khitans/Kara-Khitans (Abaoji/Kuchlug) and the Mughals (Akbar, Babur?)

Definitely. I'll work on the Khitan as soon as I finish the new Abaoji LH, and the Mughals will probably be a reasonably easy thing to do since we already have a great Akbar LH. I'll also be redo-ing the Manchu as well, as soon as I make a Kangxi LH. But that's a bit down the road, unfortunately, since they all depend on when I finish making those LHs!

you didn't fix the shader on the Kushans leader?

The screenshot is outdated, so he doesn't look shadered though he is. Although I also did forget to put the fixed version in the file (it was in my leaderheads folder, not my civ of the week folder, forgot to make a copy), so I re-uploaded it and the upload should have the correct one this time. Thanks for notifying me, anyways.

Here are the Vandals, upon request. I'm a little surprised there wasn't anything for them before, but that's why Civ of the Week is here (I hope). Next are the Taino, unless if I somehow whip up another LH in a few days.

As always, enjoy.

I know the Philippines has been done before but can you re-do one? I searched for the Philippines on this forum but read that the UU is a bit overpowered (I think it was the baray? I can't recall)

If you decide not to can you instead make the Ilokano empire, which is the region I hail from in the Philippines? They're a totally different ethno-linguistic group from the Tagalogs(Filipino)....Tagalog is not the only language in the Philippines, there is Kapampangan, Pangasinense, Ivatan, Bisaya, Illongo, Bicolano, Ibanag, Igorot,Ifugao, Itneg>>>>> here is a good place to find most if not all the languages(living and extinct):http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PH

Cant wait to see the Taino!

I hope you'll like it. :)

hey thanks for taking my request, they look great! :goodjob:

No problem. They should have been out in the downloads, but guess no one bothered to make them. :goodjob:

I know the Philippines has been done before but can you re-do one? I searched for the Philippines on this forum but read that the UU is a bit overpowered (I think it was the baray? I can't recall)

If you decide not to can you instead make the Ilokano empire, which is the region I hail from in the Philippines? They're a totally different ethno-linguistic group from the Tagalogs(Filipino)....Tagalog is not the only language in the Philippines, there is Kapampangan, Pangasinense, Ivatan, Bisaya, Illongo, Bicolano, Ibanag, Igorot,Ifugao, Itneg>>>>> here is a good place to find most if not all the languages(living and extinct):http://www.ethnologue.com/show_country.asp?name=PH

Hmm. I don't feel like the Phillippines is for me to do (CivGold already has it done well, I think), and I feel it might be a bit hard to do an Ilokano civ for now. However, looking into the Phillippines a bit, I think I can do one of the ancient kingdoms of the Phillippines - in particular I'm looking at the Kingdom of Tondo, which is also located on Luzon as the Ilokano are.

Also, I have some very general knowledge of linguistics in general, so I'm well-aware of the linguistic diversity of the Phillippines.:)

Nice civ. I gave you an A+ :goodjob:

Interesting. I will probably use this. It looks very good.

If you don't mind me asking, what diabolical things do you do with my civs :mwaha:? Is it just a personal mod, or are you planning to do a big world-dominating mod?

Oh, seems you really dug out another important female leader.
Never even thought that this was possible at this time in this part of the world.

-> and sure a :goodjob: for another interesting civ.

There were a few more well-known male leaders, but I decided to go with a female one because I thought it'd be more interesting. ;)

Nice civ. I gave you an A+ :goodjob:

Thanks! :D

If you don't mind me asking, what diabolical things do you do with my civs :mwaha:? Is it just a personal mod, or are you planning to do a big world-dominating mod?

Just for personal mod use, not releasing. Your civs are neatly organized so I can just cut-and-paste them into my Custom Assets or modding folder or whatever.

Alright, Libya's up. Next will be Sardinia, I think.

Enjoy.

@veBear; on my Iran civ of the week, this is what I have planned so far:

Spoiler :
Iran
Shah Abbas / Nader Shah (Police State)
Jazayechi/Qizibilash (Grenadier) +2 strength
Teahouse (Granary or Theatre) +1 food

The reason I wanted a Genadier replacement was because 1) there isn't one for the vanilla game, so why not? and 2) from research, I thought either the Jazayechi or Qizibilash would do fine as an anti-personel unit, which the grenadier sort of already is. Thoughts?

Nice civ (Edit: I just realised... it looks like I'm copying what I said about your previous civ.... anyway, I still gave you an A+ :p )

About Iran
Here's your UU
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qizilbash
I thought of it as a Rifleman with +1 movement and a blitz promotion, allowing it to attack two times per turn.

City list... I have it somewhere around here... give me a couple of hours

Edit: Here's the city list... I altered it slightly and made it a bit longer :)
Spoiler :
Code:
				<City>Tehran</City>
				<City>Isfahan</City>
				<City>Mashhad</City>
				<City>Qom</City>
				<City>Tabriz</City>
				<City>Shiraz</City>
				<City>Nishapur</City>
				<City>Qazvin</City>
				<City>Bam</City>
				<City>Hamadan</City>
				<City>Rey</City>
				<City>Arak</City>
				<City>Yazd</City>
				<City>Bandar Abbas</City>
				<City>Karaj</City>
				<City>Ahwaz</City>
				<City>Kermanshah</City>
				<City>Zahedan</City>
				<City>Sari</City>
				<City>Gunbad-e Qabus</City>
				<City>Kerman</City>
				<City>Rasht</City>
				<City>Bushehr</City>
				<City>Maragheh</City>
				<City>Kashan</City>
				<City>Urmia</City>
				<City>Dezful</City>
				<City>Soltaniyeh</City>
				<City>Abadan</City>
				<City>Ardabil</City>
				<City>Semnan</City>
				<City>Sanandaj</City>
				<City>Damghah</City>
				<City>Asalouyeh</City>
				<City>Khorramabad</City>
				<City>Chabahar</City>
				<City>Birjand</City>
				<City>Gorgan</City>
				<City>Nowshahr</City>
				<City>Yasuj</City>
				<City>Shahrood</City>
				<City>Shahrekord</City>
				<City>Khorramshahr</City>
43 cities for you

Civ looks nice; for the Teahouse for Iran, you should have it replace theater.

Yeah, makes more sense, I guess. If - and only if - I have Iran in as a new civ for WoL, then I'll have it replace the Inn instead (or Bakery).

@veBear:

Thanks for the city list! That saves me quite some time, actually, so I think I'll just leave it at that.

As for the Qizilbash, I think a Rifleman replacement might be a bit too late, since the Qizilbash were mainly at their height during the early Safavid era, while the Rifleman tends to represent the standard infantry unit from the mid-1700s through the early 1900s, in my opinion. That's why I wanted a Grenadier replacement too, since I feel the Grenadier represents a slightly early time frame, and also because I felt the Qizilbash makes sense as an anti-personel unit - so the Qizilbash won't be armed with grenades, of course, but swords or something. Perhaps maybe a Musketman replacement, but for some reason I felt that having a Grenadier replacement would be cool since... there isn't one.

EDIT: ALso, I had a dream last night where my old high school friends suggested I make a Mississippian civ (i.e. the Pre-Columbian mound-building culture), so I guess I'll make them after Sardinia.

EDIT: ALso, I had a dream last night where my old high school friends suggested I make a Mississippian civ (i.e. the Pre-Columbian mound-building culture), so I guess I'll make them after Sardinia.

Dreaming of modding? you are in the matrix my friend.

Awesome! I barely mod, and sometimes I have dreams like that. My dreams are almost always mundane stuff (I dream about school and the internet and stuff all the time).

I had made a flag for the Mississippians, if you would like to see it and maybe use or adapt it. It might not be what you want though (it doesn't use the alpha thing with the symbol in white and the color in black). But you might still want to look at it. It uses this symbol.

Top Bottom