[Fantasy-Mod] SplitterCiV

Belzhorash

Warlord
Version: 5.0 Beta
Language: German and English (some flavour texts are still german, though)
Size: ~9 MB (packed), needs 43 MB disk space
Download: Mod
Requires: Sid Meier's Civilization V, Gods & Kings Addon, Brave New World Addon
Credits: "Uhrwerk Verlag" for a great tabletop RPG and the rights to use copyrighted names and phrases. "maggus" for some icons. "FramedArchitect" for inspiration and his Reforestation mod. "conan.morris" for his Fortress Borders mod. "bane_" for NeverendingWar (Lua script). Multiple deviantArt-artists for the right to use their artworks (mentioned and linked in the thread) and some of you folks for unit art (I'll add that later)

Can you rise a civilization on Lorakis that can stand the test of time?​

Introduction
Slivermoon (german: "Splittermond") is a German tabletop role-playing game that is published by the Uhrwerk-Verlag. It is based on a proprietary game system and allows role play in the fantasy game world Lorakis.
(more to come. It needs time to translate ;) )

General changes

• [li]New Improvement: Motte[/li]
    [li]I made a lot of more content but excluded it, since I just recently updated the code to SQL...[/li]

To-Do Changes Version 6 Beta

• [li]Changes for Wonders and Natural Wonders[/li]

To-Do Changes Version 7 Beta

• [li]Fearun's Spell system[/li]

Religionen
Spoiler :

Deleted while not stable enough

Civilizations
English Version upcoming this evening!

Spoiler :

Orcs
Leader: Broodmother
UA: Can't build settlers or annex cities. may not build any Improvements (except Mines). Fate's Heroes don't need Moon Splinters. Orcs can't be controlled by the player and will always declare war with ANY other civilization.

Association of Mertalian Cities and Towns
Leader: Duke Gaspar IV.
UA: Every city gets a caravansary. A mertalian merchant appers after discovery of Optics.
UI: Trading Office (Trading Offices provide a copy of any bonus resource from city states.)
UU: Mertalian Merchant (Replaces the Great Merchant. Can buy city states.)

God-Empire of Kintai
Leader: Matabei, Consort of the Goddess
UA: +75 % Duration of Golden Ages. Great Artists, Musicians and Writers' birth rate increased by 50% during golden ages.
UB: Pleasure Garden (The Pleasure Garden replaces the Garden. May only be built in cities adjacent to rivers. +30% great people birth rate and +2 culture for that city.)
UU: Ranku-Swordsmaster (These elvish Longswordsmen are invisible to their enemies. They gain a 33% combat bonus in forests and or grasslands.)

Republik Kungaitan
Leader: Councillor Emeric
UA:+100% trade routes. +2 Gold for both the owner and the receptor of trade routes with Kungaitan. +1 move rate for all maritime units.
UB: Kungaitan Harbor (Replaces the harbor. The Kungaitan Harbor grants more experience for maritime units and +1 Gold for all coastal plots.)
UU: Mage Boat (Mage Boat fight with magical fireballs. Replaces the Triere.)

Empire of Selenia
Anführer: Selenius I., Emperor of Selenia
UA: Strategical resources provide +1 Production and Horses, Iron and Uran provide doubled revenue. The revenue from Moon stone mines is tripled.
UB: Imperial Barracks (+15 XP for land units. +1 local happiness. Grants a free wall in the city.)
UU: Moonsteel Knight (Ignores city's defense buildings. Replaces the Longswordsmen.)

Wintholt
Leader: King Aelfric Blackhand
UA: +35% Food, Culture and Faith from friendly or allied city states. Strength increased within friendly borders.
UI: Old Stronghold Ruins (Provides +1 Gold and +1 Production. Units gain +30% defense. May only be built on plots with forest.)
UU: Wintholt's Longbowmen (Longbowmen from Wintholt. Replaces the Crossbowman.)

Midstad
Leader: King Finn of Harreburg
UA: Unhappiness from cities doubled, Unhappiness from population bisected. +15% strength against avant-garde civilizations.
UB: Ranger (Replaces stables. +15% Production and +15 XP for mounted units. Camps grant +1 Production and [ICON_GOLD] gold.)
UU: Militia (The Militia replaces the Pikemen and is notably stronger. Militia can spread religion.)

Esmoda
Leader: King of Bones
UA: Can't build settlers or annex cities. A great scientist appers after discovery of Wrtiting.
UI: Deep Mine (Deep Mines provide special resources and may only be built by Esmoda.)
UB: Forbidden Library (Grants more science and gold income for the city.)

Resources
Moon stone: Moon stone is a magic material used to build the strongest units in the game. Obtain it by building mines. Every civilization needs moon stone to build the UU.
Moon splinter:Moon splinter are a resource needed to build Bearers of Moonsplinter. Moon splinter can only be obtained by being allied with mystic city states.

Fate's Heroes

Fate's Heroes are special units. They can only be purchased in the city. You need Moon Splinter available to purchase these units. Fate's Heroes have special abilities, including faster level up. They can level up to 4 Hero Grades (levels) and gain more and more powerful abilities when leveling. Each civilization may only have 2 Fate's Heroes at one time.

Maps

Spoiler :

The Orcs

Levels
Spoiler :

(better screenshots to come)

Have fun!

PS: I am, of course, open for any kind of critic!

Good luck with this mod!

Thanks a lot, Civitar!

Btw... you're from Switzerland - your really should try the tabletop RPG... assuming you can read and talk german :p

I'm a total beginner with German - a whole boardgame would be waaaay over my head for now.
Still, it's good that Civ5 mods are not only in English. I'd go for one totally in Italian or French and tell all the anglophones how good it was.:lol:
Perhaps when Warhammer appears, you could do a German translation?

Update:
Successfully ported FA's spell system into the mod (with his allowance, of course).
Time to implement the Slivermoon spells!

Spoiler :

Aaaaand the Tech Tree is ready to be coded.

Spoiler :

If I may make a recommendation: don't have the tech tree converge towards some dumb repeating tech. Just because Firaxis does it is no reason for you to.
I'd recommend instead having each tier be exponentially more expensive. So it takes literally the whole game to get 2 or 3 final-tier techs.
With fantasy conversion mods you will want there to be a lot more branching - your 4-5 initial techs are a good start and the thicker tiers afterwards are brilliant. But don't cut all down to one tech at the end.
(Also, I may have to steal a few of those techs. Hope you don't mind.)

Thanks for your words.
I too don't like future tech - but what happens when there is no more tech to discover?

Also, like in FfH I am going to implement spells with own tech branches. So what you see is only the mundane tech tree.

Oh, and yeah, feel free to take from my mod/ idea what you like.
Like I am going to steal your ratlings... ;)

There should never be no more tech to discover - make techs so expensive at the end that it's impossible to completely research the tech tree.
Alternate spell tech trees sound great - I wish I could say that's essentially what I've done with Warhammer, but they're not Spell "trees", they're more like Spell "pools".
Once the Skaven units are available use as many or as few as you like.

There should never be no more tech to discover - make techs so expensive at the end that it's impossible to completely research the tech tree.
You mean I should make some "fake" techs just to enhance the immersion?

Alternate spell tech trees sound great - I wish I could say that's essentially what I've done with Warhammer, but they're not Spell "trees", they're more like Spell "pools".
Well, they are not really alternate (they don't exclude each other). You can still research every school of magic to the end - but I don't know if you have enough time to do that. ;)

You mean I should make some "fake" techs just to enhance the immersion?

I mean what I said - have techs so expensive that research goes slowly enough that by the end the player hasn't finished researching the whole tree.

I just wanted to drop by and say what's going on with this mod.
The process is quite good. The tech tree is complete in SQL (with the hints by Civitar implemented) and all units are new and ready to kick some ass (including differences by species). Now follow the buildings.

The unit icons:

After units, buildings and wonders I'll upload a new beta version. That time in full English support!

Thanks, mate!
I will at least have a look at them! ;)

Aaaand here they are, the building icons.

Just a quick update:
The buildings and units are complete.

I hope to release v6 after my holidays in late april with these features:
- whole new tech tree
- all new units and buildings
- new resources (mostly for units)
- Fearun's spell system completely ported with new spells
- spell 'tech' tree
- two new civs: dwarfs and undead
- more beliefs

Top Bottom