Announcing Civilization Network!

Sounds interesting - I'll definately give it a go, given the chance. I'm always playing those god damned FB games. Shocking hahaha.

And yay - Sid Meier - Hellooooooo!

Anyways, I'm off to the introductions thread - just saw this thread after I registered. Ciao!

Oh sweet!!! Thanks for this news. Sounds exciting!

Omg omg omg sid!!!!

Well, it is pretty damn awesome to see the guy who inspired this site to even exist to post here. Were I of a lesser constitution, I might have fainted.

I just hope it wasn't actually Sid who signed off on Civilization IV: Colonizations as it wasn't all that it should have been. The concern from that which I hope is certainly not warranted is that he is now signing off on inferior things....

Just like the Wizard of OZ. 'Sid' does not exist. He's just a conglomorate of moderator personalities. 'Sid' is AI.

Like Big Brother or Shakespeare? I think Sid's real. Wow, this may end up turning into one of those Atheist vs. Religious debates, but focused on Sid Meier rather than God :lol:

Signed up, sent invites to my civ-playing Facebook friends.

Also, I feel like this is prep for Civ V too. It's just good business strategy, why advertise a game as massive as Civ in a commercial when you can offer someone a tiny free taste on Facebook and then pull them in with the dark, powerful force of "just one more turn".

Also, Hi Sid! Post more often. You have an account now. You don't get any excuses.

I'm on facebook daily and play or at least tried most of the popular games. I would be willing to beta-test, should this transpire.

Spoiler :

Hang on a second here. You're planning on releasing a new Civ game. That's playable on Facebook. And you can play with your friends. And it's free. Are you quite sure you've thought of the ramifications, Mr. Meier?! The world is going to grind to a halt!

Hang on a second here. You're planning on releasing a new Civ game. That's playable on Facebook. And you can play with your friends. And it's free. Are you quite sure you've thought of the ramifications, Mr. Meier?! The world is going to grind to a halt!
Sid Meier has been using his evil ways to undermine productivity and the nuclear family for almost 20 years now by creating legions of Civ zombies who abandon friends, family and work in the pursuit of their "one more turn" fix... I think it's quite clear that this facebook thing is his latest scheme to extort billions from Western governments to keep him from unleash this most devastating of all his weapons.

I might just get a Facebook account for this.

Oh, and I just sent Sid a friend request. Does anyone think he'll accept it? :lol:

Top Bottom