CEP 3.8.1 + Reform and Rule v16 + R.E.D

Toby.

Chieftain
I began this thread thinking that I was seeing a bug related to R&R and cep. After replicating it, I had realised that it only occurs when I also have R.E.D loaded. This bug only occurs when all three of these mods are in use.

The bug is related to choosing social policies. I have attached screenshots.
1) Some of the icons / descriptions are of vanilla policies. The in game effects are R&R. 2) The images are broken.

With CEP and R&R the only conflict is in Tradition; the opener and finisher have the cep description (aqueducts swapped for +3 food, 15% growth). When I choose the opener, I still get the R&R effects, not CEP.

The affected trees are Tradition, Piety, and Commerce. I have attached screenshots of the trees and mouseovers showing the presence of vanilla policies (legalism 4 free culture buildings) next to R&R policies (monarchy: border expansion and friendly lands bonus).

Note the strange visual bug and the invisible policies.

Attachments

• Lua.rar
    2.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Tradition1.jpg
    Tradition1.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 127
  • TradLeg.jpg
    TradLeg.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 115
  • TradMon.jpg
    TradMon.jpg
    153.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Piety1.jpg
    Piety1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 87
  • PietyTheocracy.jpg
    PietyTheocracy.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 142
  • Commerce1.jpg
    Commerce1.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Wagon Trains.jpg
    Wagon Trains.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 113
There are other tech tree and wonder related issues between R&R and CEP. I resolved these by disabling the R&R wonder/social policy links, and disabling the Tooltip change included in the mod. This is the only remaining issue that I am aware of.

Let's start off by making sure that RnR is starting before CEP:

Replace <References /> in the RnR modinfo file with the following:
PHP:
  <References>
    <Mod id="828b5b4b-7c62-4afb-a43f-034b596ef5e4" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Communitas Expansion Pack" />
  </References>

This should fix the text errors. Could you start up a game with this change and post your lua.log, database.log, xml.log, and the Civ5DebugDatabase.db in your cache/ folder? Let me know what the reference change has or hasn't fixed.

I'm not sure what could be causing the database error as CEP 3.8 shouldn't have any policy changes other than the tradition finisher.

That fixed the Tradition text issue. The social policy visual bug + mix of vanilla and RnR policies remain. Here are the logs.

Attachments

• Logs.rar
    752.4 KB · Views: 64
Looks like the database is getting errors because RNR defines a new table Policy_FreeBuildingClass that already exists in CEP.

First delete the following in CAT\_Project\CAT_AlterTables.sql line 211:

PHP:
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS
	Policy_FreeBuildingClass (
	PolicyType		text REFERENCES Policies(Type),
	BuildingClass	text REFERENCES BuildingClasses(Type),
	NumCities		integer default 0
);

Then delete the DoPolicyFreeBuildingClasses (1 line) functions at CAT\Tools\Cat_Events.lua at lines 792 and 799.

You may also want to share in detail how you fixed the other compatibility issues so other users can do the same.

Also, if you are getting compatibility issues with RED and CEP then could you start a new thread with only those two mods active with your logs so we can troubleshoot through that too?

Thanks Stackpointer, you're a legend. I will implement your changes and report back. I haven't had any issues with CEP and RED. Problems only emerge when I use CEP, RED and RnR together.

After I've cleared the smoke out of my house (toaster malfunction :rolleyes:) I will write a post detailing the previous CEP + RnR issues, and how I resolved them.

Great success! I just so happened to be listening to this as I tested your fix. Definitely an appropriate theme for the CEP modders.

I'll set about reproducing the bugs I had in the past as soon as I have the heart to abandon my newly functional game :)

Active mods: CEP, CAT, CEG, Communitas Map, Reform and Rule v16.

See attached screenshots. There are a slew of glitches related to the city manager screen, tech tree, and wonder tooltip information. The pictures are pretty self explanatory. One thing to note with the wonders is that some have reverted to vanilla values (eg Terracotta Army), whereas others retain CEP values (Machu Picchu). Of note is also 'Churches of Lalibela' - the effect of this wonder changes before and after the fix, even though it is a wonder added by CEP. I believe the effect shown is the one given to it by the original mod author (poukai?)

Solving this is simple.

From Machiavelli24:
Possible conflict with other mods:
There is one file "InfoTooltipInclude.lua" that Reform & Rule replaces which could cause compatibility issues (but this is unlikely). If you want to disable the changes Reform & Rules makes to the file "InfoTooltipInclude.lua" then go to your "Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Reform and Rule (v X)/Shared" directory and rename the "Building Tooltip fix" directory to "_Building Tooltip fix". Disabling "Building Tooltip fix" will not result in any game play differences, only a minor cosmetic difference.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    189.5 KB · Views: 111
  • City.jpg
    City.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Tech1.jpg
    Tech1.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 136
  • SH.jpg
    SH.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 91
  • HG.jpg
    HG.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 75
  • FA.jpg
    FA.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 76
  • CoL.jpg
    CoL.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 144
Ah yes, trying to load two lua files with the same name into the VFS will most likely result in weird errors. Thanks for sharing.

I can probably save you guys some time (or at least point you in the right direction). All this is off the top of my head so it may not be correct when I take a closer look at the interactions.

1) Wonders tooltips.
Reform and Rule changes a couple of wonders to connect them to different Social Policies (such as terra cotta army, stonehenge and a few others). RnR will overwrite the tooltip (the text box shown in game) of these wonders but it does not change anything about the game-play of the wonders other than what Social Policy allows them to be built.

A workaround for this issue is to disable all changes RnR makes to Wonders.
How to disable changes to wonder unlocking
If you want to play with the normal wonders associated with each social policy you can.
  • Go to your 'Sid meier's Civilization 5/MODS/Reform and Rule (v X)/Options/Wonders' directory.
  • Change the names of the files which you want to unlock the unmodded wonder. For example, changing '8 Exploration_Wonder' to '_8 Exploration_Wonder' will make the exploration policy unlock the Louve instead of the Great Lighthouse.

2) CEP changes social policies right? If both CEP and RnR are changing the Tradition tree they are going to clobber each other. If you are trying to mix and match (something like) CEP's Tradition and RnR's Liberty that should be possible. You would need to disable RnR's changes to Tradition (so it doesn't clobber CEP) and disable CEP's changes to Liberty.

Disabling policy trees in RnR is easy and it is probably easy in CEP as well.

3) Policy_FreeBuildingClass table
This could be a trickier issue to resolve. RnR created a table with this name and uses it internally. It looks like CEP also created a table with the same name but uses it for a different purpose since the table quoted above has a different structure than what RnR uses.

Hi !

If I want to keep only RnR policy trees, is it sufficient to delete/rename the Policies folder in CEP ? :)

Top Bottom