End of Empires - N3S III

Why not just send it as a PM?

@ Lord Jokim

If I am correct your the nation who is at war with me (if there is anyone?). What I say is why does this need be when we could work in a alliance instead (no this does not mean one of us becoming a vassal to another)?

The Rise of the Khopesh

An Army of Serat had once simply been a mass of armed men, armed with anything they could lay their hands upon. A club, and axe, a pitchfork a fist. A rabble for than a force. The relentless pace of civilization had forced change from this. Now an Army had to be supplied, to have tactics, an hopefully to win. Serat was ideally placed to observe many different wars, and the trade that flowed between meant that secrets and discoveries quickly reached the nation.

Those that were suitable were picked to enter the training of a Khopler. The rituals and the training required before one could attain Khoplesh status was a very closly guarded secret. Only those directly involved in it truely knew.The Khopesh were the elite of the Serat army. Highly trained and organised, drilled to perfection. Their faces masked with a hideous bronze mask, and the cruel curvel swords they wielded were the stuff of nightmares. They were frequently used as an advance force, smashing into an unprepared enemy force before the Serat masses arrived.

To: Chief Kroth

I have decided to set up and gift to you a small fishing outpost. You may also claim the lands of Galcia.

To: Jalin Nak of the Duroc Republic

Words cannot express mine or my fellow Chiefs how thankfull we are towards you. We will take good care of our new land. You have opened up the sea to my people. For this we are in your debt. Just ask and we will re-pay our debt to you.

The Great Assembly

The leaders of the four tribes were all there. Their mission that day was that of unification.
“With the new nations rising around us, we feel that we should join together. It is together that we can become a force to be reckoned with, together that we can have our trade ships at the other end of the known world. Together…we will stand strong. The gods have created us, not to squabble…but to be one people, unified, fighting and dieing as one. The tribe of the delta would like to join together with the tribes of the valley, foothills, and fork. Together we would forge a new kingdom, to rise above all others! Who is with me!?!”
All other people in the building stood and yelled in agreement.
“Then it is settled” said the man. He stood and walked out the doors to hundreds and hundreds of people. From the wealthy nobles to the lowly slaves, they were all there.
“You people!” he yelled with a hoarse voice, “You now look upon the leader of a new kingdom stretching from the ocean to the mountains! You look upon the king of the new kingdom on the Peko, the Pekorovian Confederation!”
The people roared, chanted, and screamed with acceptance.
“Hail Boba, King of Pekorova!!!”

Orders have been sent off, I will have a story up tomorrow.

Spoiler :
Running the Spice Route

Alexis Hasten, an extraordinarily rich merchant of the Opulensi people and hailing from the city of Epichirisi is hauling a huge load of spices to the luxury deprived people of Hamakua, and then to return to Epichirisi with a huge load of timber to power our massive ship building complexes. Suffice to say, he makes a tidy profit through all of this. A peace had been arranged between the powers of Hamakua and Opulensi temporarily, never as great rivals as between the hated Trilui people, and the transport of these spices will be greatly treasured Hamakuans.

His crew was an obviously motley bunch, quite typical of the seafaring crew. There was the usual fraction of desperate workers, honest seamen, and then the ones who believed they had achieved Iehor and could therefore brave the dread ocean currents upon which this fleet was to launch itself upon. Indeed, for an Opulensi merchant this was a quite typical voyage. Except, of course, for one rather minor detail. Rather than taking the more traveled path that dips first north and then heads straight south, Alexis has chosen to dodge this route, considering the hostility of the Trilui and Treha to Opulensi merchants, as well as the fact that this is a much longer path as opposed to the shorter one he plans to take. None but a few of his closest shipmen know they are taking this new route, and no one knows quite what to expect.

Once they had launched the boat, it had been easy sailing into those uncharted seas for several days, without any major occurrences. After a few days though, Alexis and his crew began to spot some very odd happenings. Land birds, such as the albatross and the pelican were seen to be peculiarly hanging around the boat, which would be extraordinarily stupid and dangerous if they were as far out to sea as Alexis’ calculations showed them to be. Then, on the sixth day of voyage, the topsails men proclaimed “ GI KONTA!” (Land ho). The seamen exclaimed and began a joyous dance! They had arrived in Hamakua, and only six days! Alexis, though rather alarmed by this new development, attributed it to fortunate winds, and ordered the men to bring it in to land.

Once they had landed however, they knew they were not in Hamakua. They were greeted by a wide open savannah, greeted occasional by a primal bellow. There were a few sailors who advocated going back, but Alexis knew better. This was undiscovered terrain. A trading opportunity he must not pass up! It was… Alexis Island!

Of course colonization will be long and difficult. But they will persevere. When we are finished we will control all of the trade to the western tribes! Coast to Coast.

Their route.
Spoiler :

Tales of the Nakalani [1]
Captain Anno and his small flotilla of ships had been at sea for nearly a fortnight when the winds and currents of the Nakalani brought them to a chain of islands and for the last ten days he and his ships had been sailing among them, charting their locations, noting the best place for new settlements and which islands had potential for resources or trade. The lumber and tin stored in the holds of his ships were destined for the Opulensi city of Epichirisi and this more direct route would speed trade between their nations. These islands would make fine stop over points and an extension of Hamakua influence. His reverie was interrupted with a cry from the mast head that told him ships of some other nation ad come into view. He would try to manage a peaceful encounter. His precaution turned out to be unnecessary. The intruder was a single trader, riding low in the water with her burden of cargo, recently departed from Anno’s destination: Epichirisi and captained by one Alexis Hasten.

Without hesitation Captain Hasten was invited to dine with Anno and his companion captains; a fine dinner was enjoyed by all. Anno only provided vague navigation tips to help the trader find his way to Hamakua, but they would be far better than the outdated navigation skills being used by Captain Hasten. But Anno held back much less the advanced sailing skills of the Hamakua become too well known. At the end he wished him fair winds and a safe return. Anno was careful not to mention the inferior rigging and poorly designed hull of the Opulensi ship, but did give him the names of men in Hamakua that would pay the best prices for his spices. Anno was encouraged that his timber and tin would fetch high prices and now he had a good idea of what to bring home on his return voyage.

[1] The Nakalani is the Hamakua name for the great eastern ocean.

Nation: Neruss (skizzik)

From the salt plains the mighty Neruss arises as a united people, the people have been united under the trade that the salt rich regions have brought them. Not only are these people brought together from trade but also with their deeply religious warrior ways.

The Neruss society Is a monarchy, with one Grand Chieftain ruler which is supreme. The people live village lives and live of the lands. The peasants are subjects to their Noble lords which pay tribute to the Grand Chieftain.

The people trace their decent from their surnames which they inherit from their ancestors; this also indicates how they inherit their nobility and their right to the throne.

The thing that is of the gravest importance to the Neruss is dieing as a warrior to gain passage to the after life. That and producing of spring to Carrie on the legacy of the Neruss.

The Neruss have a deep connection with their great warrior ancestors. The Neruss believe that they must honour their ancestors as they watch over them. It is in their belief that they must die like warriors to join their ancestors in the heavens, if they die a peasants death they must wonder the steps in eternity. The life giver Nido is the gate keeper of the heavens he decides wether a man has been a worthy warrior and true to his house and his chieftain

The Neruss has a very refined written language. At the beginning of the world Nido carved in rock the Warrior code that each warrior must follow. This religious binding the Neruss has formed with writing has brought prosperity to the people intellectual as well as cultural, as must of the cities and villages contain Libraries, the libraries serves as a temple as well as a place of literature.

The mythical origin of the Neruss is very closely to their religion. Back on the old ages Nido came to the world, as he gazed upon the barren steps of the salt flats he saw noting but the dead land that he stood on, Nido created man to rit the steps of nothing ness. Nido became so close with his creations that he carved a sea with his mighty hands, and filled it with his own blood for his people. This led to his death… as he had made the supreme sacrifice for his people, the Neruss had become so bound to this land, for here lay there ancestor here ley their blood. The chieftains of the land are said to directly decent from the great Nido.

I hope this will give you some insight in the mighty nation of the Neruss

[party] Welcome to NESing! [party]

@ Lord Jokim

If I am correct your the nation who is at war with me (if there is anyone?). What I say is why does this need be when we could work in a alliance instead (no this does not mean one of us becoming a vassal to another)?

Joakim. :p

And no, we are not at war. I wouldn't be happy to make an alliance with you either... Not yet, that is, and if you look at the update, we've been at war a couple of times, making our nations bitter enemies. So no, we wouldn't be able to make an alliance with each other. A vassalization would be much more proper at this point.

@Vertinari with regards to trade, it is already up and active, (unless your running state autarky of one kind or something else (mercantilism).)

If you just want to make a kind gesture you could send me some gifts and kind words. (10 Elephants etc and similar). Currently trying to find that article about the correspondence between the Egyptions and some syrian (ancient usage) power (Assryria? or similar?)

Top Bottom