Immortal University 77 - Charlemagne

I'm beginning to beat Emperor-Difficulty and I have to agree with TMIT that the land really isn't all that great.
I kinda did well actually but...

Spoiler :

I took advantage of the marble and got a number of wonders (Oracle, Great Library, Paya, this Great Person Growth National Wonder thingy,...) Also tried for the Parthenon, Artemis and Mids but mostly for the fail gold.
The location of the completed wonders was in my commerce city to the east to compete against englands borders. I settled right next to london, intending to grab the gold which I couldn't succeed at yet (working 3 or 4 artists atm, alongside of Paya, GL, the before-mentioned national wonder and all basic culture buildings. Should be able to grab the mine before too long.
The city also became my Cap with bureaucracy and is all cottaged up, so i has a really nice science output.

I ended up with 6 cities and no military whatsoever by the time I had researched paper being far ahead in the Lib-Race.

Unfortunately I had committed a - what turned out to be - fatal mistake by taking on Englands religion Buddhism. Thus I got dog-piled out of nowhere by a bunch of Hindu hooligans (Hannibal, Mao, and Khmer) although I had given i to all their demands and traded a lot with them.
Right when the heathens declared war, I bribed England in on my side (she was at friendly with me already) but still instantly lost my new Cap which got taken over by Vicky during her turn. As she refused to give it back to me, I rage quit to the desktop and went to bed.

Spoiler :
Played it a bit...

Randomness is against me. Mao/Vicky/Pacal/Sury/Hannibal are Buddhist. Since the land and the leader were bad, I went for a Catapult war. But what can you hope with 5 Buddhists in the game.

I'm so backward that Hannibal offered me CoL... My war against Vicky is lost, she has Knights and Maces.

Maybe, I'll give it a second shot, hopping for better religion repartition.

Top Bottom