Vanilla Civ 5, just reinstalled, problems with Vanilla Enhanced Mod

BobbleBobble

Chieftain
Hi all,

Just reinstalled civ 5 (no expansions). Installed and loaded latest version of the vanilla enhanced mod (http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=19494). Game loaded fine, but some things clearly aren't working. Science says +1 from cities and +15 for free, but I only actually get the +1, and it'll take me 143 turns to get pottery. Same thing with gold. Says I get +15 for free, but I'm actually losing 3 a turn from unit maintenance.

Tried deleting cache, deleting moduserdata, verifying local content. Was originally running with InfoAddict and RED, but loaded a new game with only VEM and still saw the same issues.

Is this a common issue? Any help?

Thanks

Since the latest patch (commonly called the 'Pitboss' patch) a few months ago, the earlier mods VEM, GEM etc. are now broken. Firaxis changed a few major points that render these mods unusable.

Currently focus is on bringing the Communitas project up to speed for those with the latest expansion. Afterward it may be possible to make the project backward compatible for all previous versions. Vanilla, G&K and now BNW.

So stay tuned, all is not lost.

I've had difficulty testing the game with vanilla. I can disable the BNW expansion just fine to go back to G&K, but when I try disabling both expansions my game crashes. I haven't figured out how to deal with that yet.

I recently started playing Civ 5 again and decided to get mods this time around. I found this one and looking through the changes I loved them. I noticed the errors the OP posted above first thing and decided to check if there was a newer version. It seems there is not, so my question then would be: What other problems will arise if I use VEM? Is it completely unplayable or just a small inconveniences such as this?

Top Bottom