First Game on Deity

DScruggy729

Chieftain
I've been playing King for a while, but I recently was breezing through it like nothing, so I decided to move on up to Deity. I played as my favorite and (IMO) easiest Civ in Japan.

I spawned to the Eastern side of the Map, and moved Kyoto down a tile on to a hill, which gave me a defense bonus, subbed out a food tile for a production tile (I didn't need the food tile because I had 3 sea tiles) and positioned myself near some Dye. My second city, Osaka, was a little further South, located immediately on another Dye resource, with a courthouse it got Wine and Fish. After discovering all this Dye, I decided to rush to Monarchy, hoping to get the Great Person bonus. I found Conficius and 7 Cities of Gold early on, which gave me my settler and Currency along with 2 Great Humanitarians. (One I settled in Kyoto, the other I used to increase pop in every city after I settled 5.) I built the Colussus early on, and it gave me a huge boost in science in Kyoto, I rushed Leonardo with a Great Builder, and snuck out the East India Company in along the way. Basically I was a tech monster.

Eventually, I discovered Russia, India, and Rome were on my continent. Russia was behind in everything, she was pumping Legions trying to take one of my cities (Sapporo), but my archers held it thanks to placing it on a hill. Eventually I built Samurai Knights to defend it, and I ended up taking 2 of her cities, Sevastopol, and Vladivostok.

India was a huge threat, they were pretty peaceful in this game, (which was nice since it seems Gandhi is very aggressive like 99% of the time.) India was very good in Tech, somehow they kept up with me the whole game despite only having 3 cities, as opposed to my 7 (eventually 8).

Rome was very good as well, they were a cultural powerhouse and tried to attack me, but failed to get through Russia first, and I had a much superior Navy, and sunk their Galleons. They started pumping wonders very quick, and were only 2-4 techs behind me. They were at 16/20 culture when I won (SPOILER ALERT!)

The Arabs were the weird one, they spawned on a pretty bad island, they did have Literacy, Dye and Fish on it, but the island was only one city big. They eventually amassed an island Empire with Raqqa, Fez, and Shiraz. They were my rivals in Tech and Economy the whole game, they were usually 2-3 Techs ahead, and were right up to par with my economy.

I eventually founded an island city named Kagoshima, which with a courthouse got access to 2 Whale, Rubber, 2 Dye and Fish. That city gave me the science boost I needed to win the game. Instead of picking up all of the late-game techs, I be-lined for Space Flight, knowing I was behind, I rushed all the spaceship parts with my 5k gold stash, and I reached Alpha Centauri in 1972 AD, which was very early, on King I seldom won a game before 2000.

While the Civs are super aggressive and have OP Production. (I swear Sevastopol pumped a Legion army every 2 turns.) I think it does really give me the challenge I need when it comes to this game, because after I figured out the King AI it became too easy.

Top Bottom