The Vikings!

Roland Ehnström;9874379 said:
After downloading this mod in the mod browser, the "Install Mods" button does not show up, so I cannot install the mod. Anyone know why? Can I download and install this mod manually somehow, instead of using the mod browser?
I am getting the same effect in that I can download but not install nor enable: I have no "Install Mods" button to click.
I am running 1.0.1.383
From the main menu I select Mods (then I have to accept the EULA): this gives me a menu labeled "Mods" with three options: Single Player, Browse Mods, and Back.
From the Mods menu I select Browse Mods: this gives me a different screen (also called Mods) that has three options in a line near the top: Installed, Online, and Downloads. There is also a Back button at the lower left corner of this screen.
If I select Installed I see "Mongol Scenario" which I can enable or disable by clicking on the green checked circle.
If I select Online I see three entries (I have previously entered "vik" into the search bar); the center one of these entries is "The Vikings!" with a nice green bar that flashes "Complete".
If I select Downloads I see a single entry, green, for "The Vikings!": state Complete: progress white 2mb/2mb.
I never see a button at the bottom right labeled "install mods", in fact I never see a button at the bottom right at all. And I have attempted to blind-click in this quadrant as if there is a button that I simply cannot see.
In the Downloads I can get the progress white 2mb/2mb to change to progress red Close by mouse-over, but if I click then I have to re-download; so this seems to be a back-step.
I have verified that I have a C:\Documents and Settings\Admin\My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\a8b2aad0-2e5a-4e04-bc61-af10ac0f61c2-4.civ5mod file. And if I right-click on this file then select 7Zip I can open the archive.
I have closed C5 and started C5 several times to no effect.
When I reboot the computer it is as though I never did the download.

I would really like a lot to update this mod for G&K.
Therefore, since this mod isn't on Civfanatics, I can't do it without the author's authorization.
If the author reads this, and agrees that I take care of the mod, please send me a PM.

Hi all, if anybody could post the Viking civ from the thread at:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=389586

Since the author didn't post the mod here, to follow the rules, I could still update it for G&K, and put a disclaimer such as "if the original author wants me to remove his mod, or simply wants to take take care of the mod again, please let me know".

What do you guys think?
Honestly, when I saw what the author posted, it looked awesome.
Such art and talent should not go to waste in a forgotten oblivion.

Once done, I will ask a mod to merge the threads, to keep the forums clean.

Moderator Action: Threads directly merged, because the subforum is only for finished files, and you may get more attention from the author or the mod users in it's own thread.

Yes, Knut the Great would be a much better choice. He ruled over a huge empire, Denmark, parts of Germany and Poland, Norway, Parts of Sweden, and Britain. And a better picture would be good as well. Perhaps an image based on this one - http://www.cindyvallar.com/Viking.jpg , would be good, as it is a pretty accurate depiction. Nice job, otherwise.

Also, how do I make the link I put in hidden - like, when you click on "this one", it brings you to that page?

Knud den mektige(the mighty) or Canute did not by any time "rule over Norway", not even parts of it. First of all because the state of Norway wasn`t founded yet, there was local kings around places like Trondheim, Stavanger and (more or less) around Viken/Oslo.

After winning over local rivals and claiming himself king of Danemark Canute felt strong enough to even claim taxes from southern parts of Norway around Skagerak.
When the Norwegians ignored him he sailed up with all his men but was beaten and only saved his life by promising never to show his face up north again.

The old vikings was known as sea-farers, but fact is only the Norwegians knew how to navigate out on open sea.(-or had the curage to..) The Danes didn`t dare to even cross the North sea, they reached Britain only by following the coastline. The Swedes are known for sailing/dragging their boats along rivers. Great warriors but no sailors.

Btw; when I play this mod I put in the axeman (with berserker-grapics) as a early viking warrior. The berserker appears with metal casing, even that a bit too late but better than as is.

Hey now. The last 2 times I played an offline game of Civ 5 G&K where the vikings were one of the default civs they exploded half way through. I mean suddenly there were vikings on every free tile and a good bit of the ocean.
WTF. Not normal warmongering growth but tripple or more of there military in one turn. Is this a bug or just a trap. What gives?

FYI, the modder last posted in 2010 - I'm not sure you'll get the answer you're looking for.

Top Bottom