Tomatekh's New Civilizations

I've played against them in several games and it never bothered me really. But I know that limitation. I'm eager to find out what janboruta will come up with for a Nri leaderhead...

Actually, the original intent was to do a bonus with Great People visiting a Holy City but I couldn't think of what to do with them. I also figured with Great People (especially if it was a use up the unit sort of deal) I would need to do a pop-up notification/confirmation message system which I have no idea how to code (though I need to learn for another civ I have in mind anyway). The combat bonus was really sort of the default ability thrown in when I couldn't figure what else to do with the gimmick.

I actually kind of like the holy city combat bonus and think you should keep it. True, sometimes I don't feel like moving my units but that helps balance it against the gold % bonus in holy cities which is already a good trait by itself.

The new map threw me off the chair. This one's perfect! :)

Thanks! Slowly but steadily I'm getting better! It's funny, I'm figuring out really simple and obvious things that make a huge difference. Have to wonder why I didn't think of them to begin with. I'm going to try and re-make the Kievan Rus' map next. Just making new ones is what helps. I still think my empty land area looks too clean sometimes, though. I have to work on dirtying my maps up without it seeming too obvious/forced.

I'm having a small problem with the mods. I'm trying to make a scenario on an earth map with the new civs however when I go to play the scenario they aren't in the list of playable civs. I've even tried just having the mod civs on the map and it just gives me a civ selection screen with nothing in it. The only way to play as one of them is to choose the random civ option. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I'm having a small problem with the mods. I'm trying to make a scenario on an earth map with the new civs however when I go to play the scenario they aren't in the list of playable civs. I've even tried just having the mod civs on the map and it just gives me a civ selection screen with nothing in it. The only way to play as one of them is to choose the random civ option. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Did you remember to activate the mod(s) before strarting to edit the map/scenario?

\Skodkim

I've even tried just having the mod civs on the map and it just gives me a civ selection screen with nothing in it. The only way to play as one of them is to choose the random civ option. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

I can't really comment on the scenario issue, as I've never tried, but what you've described happens a lot if you are using multiple mods that have conflicting lua files. Do you have other mods besides my civs active?

So far as I could see. There's a bit of a disparity between the in-game mods list and the select mods list in the map builder, the in-game one having about 5 different "versions" of each civ.

Have you been installing/updating via the civfanatics download? While steam will erase the previous numbered version after you update, manually downloading/installing a new version will retain the old ones in your mods directory. Unless you specifically like the abilities of a specific version, you can normally just delete any but the highest numbered version of a mod from your mod's directory.

Personally I think it's fine, it still looks awesome (And far better than anything I could do)

It's better than the last one I made, but the parts just don't come together for me. I can probably make a much nicer one just re-arranging it a bit, but, as I said, I'm tired of working on it. (Mainly because it's re-making an old map for an old civ, it just feels like I'm wasting time from making a new civ so saps my motivation).

I can't really comment on the scenario issue, as I've never tried, but what you've described happens a lot if you are using multiple mods that have conflicting lua files. Do you have other mods besides my civs active?

It could be a conflict with my city states mod, which has Meroe, Dakar, Kiev and Garama as city states. I'm going to do a test on the earth map without my mod active and see what happens. I've also deleted the older versions, so hopefully that helps too.

UPDATE: Same issue without my city states mod. The civs are in the game and on the map as AI but cannot be selected at the set-up game screen. I've tested this with other maps and the same issue occurs.

Great civs tomatekh, keep up the good work! Updated Benin looks quality; do you add a quantity to the copper resource to dictate number of units?

Eagerly awaiting your next creation :D

Great civs tomatekh, keep up the good work! Updated Benin looks quality; do you add a quantity to the copper resource to dictate number of units?

Eagerly awaiting your next creation :D

At the moment it's a one for one between Copper and Iron, as I saw it more of a bonus extra to the UA instead of the main focus (which I wanted to be the defensive buildings). The one for one also made it easier in regards to the trading situation. Though, this is all pre-release and I was opting to play it safe. Once it's out and people play test it a bit the number will change depending on feedback.

Okay, after sitting with it and seeing it in-game and playing with the transparency levels, I'm actually relatively pleased with the new Rus' map. Though, as it always is, I found great new symbols to use a few days after I finished it. Maybe for the next update. Coincidentally, Kievan Rus' was also the first completely original map I made (the Goths and Timurids maps I originally used were just edits of Rome and Greece and not from scratch). That was about five months ago. I think I've gotten better... maybe I'll be close to the level of janboruta by the time of the next expansion? (Probably not).

Funnily, the older one took me like ten times longer to make :/

Top Bottom