LS Civilization Set

It will be Preslav.

I have updated set I (quite significant changes) and uploaded it on workshop. Links in first post.

It can be one of the following:
~you got Swissguard as gift from City-state (culture works only for Papal States)
~you are not noticing it, because it is "ninja" bonus not showing in tooltips. Basically with 540 culture, +21 culture per turn and one garissoned SG, you will have 562 culture next turn. It is even adding culture to city (for next city tile).
~something not working for you (well, with only Papal States active it's low possibility), in this case, please show me LUA log if there is anything there

Well, but Papal States are really bugged (what a shame). Extra faith from DoF doesn't work, because I messed up variables. So in LUA, please find those lines (red is replaced):
Code:
		if iPlayer:IsAlive() then
			if not iPlayer:IsMinorCiv() then
[COLOR="Red"]				if pPlayer:IsDoF(i) then[/COLOR]
					iPlayer:ChangeFaith(PSfaithbonus);
					pPlayer:ChangeFaith(PSfaithbonus);
				end
			end
		end

Is there any way you could upload these Sets to a fileshare service other than Speedyshare? I can't wait to try these out (especially Scotland), however, Speedyshare is requiring a premium account for sets 2, 3 and 5. Maybe there's a workaround?

Thank you for your work.

I reuploaded them and uploaded them on sendspace. Should be free for a while.
Other than that, Set IV is available on steamworkshop, again significant changes were made.

Just a quick question: Will the new God-King pantheon affect all puppeted Olmec cities if chosen?

God-what, oh, the new great patch, the one messing with palace/capital? No and I will not change it.

There's a new patch coming out?

Download Set with civ you are interested in.
Go to mod folder and delete civs you don't like.
Each Set has 4 folders, Civ 1, Civ 2, Civ 3 and common ( do no delete the last one ).
Never tried it, but I was trying to make everything work in such scenario.

Download Set with civ you are interested in.
Go to mod folder and delete civs you don't like.
Each Set has 4 folders, Civ 1, Civ 2, Civ 3 and common ( do no delete the last one ).
Never tried it, but I was trying to make everything work in such scenario.

I've tried this, works just fine!

Released Set VI, links in OP.
Set V is now available on workshop.
Announcing Set VII, I was planning 20 civs (10 gk + 10 bnw), but I think I should be able to make one extra civ, so if you have any dreamciv wish, it's the time.

I am now polishing set III, please collaborate if you have any ideas, so far:
~New Mali UA: Gold from kills.
~New Mali DiploScreen (at last, civ IV is no more):
Spoiler :

Dream civ you say?

Spoiler :
Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia Australia

Also, it seems that Simeon I is bursting out of his Icon.

if you have any dreamciv wish, it's the time.

I'd love to see a Hopewell Civilization. They're one of the most prominent Pre-Columbian cultural complexes, but don't get a lot of attention because we don't know many specifics about them. They'd be a Religion / Trade - based Civ. Here's my suggestions:

Bear of the Hopewell
Capital: Chilicothe (or Paint Creek if you want to avoid potentially having the same capital as a Shawnee Civ)
Unique Ability: Hopewell Interaction Sphere - Cities that share the same Religion as the Capital gain an automatic City Connection. Land Trade Units double yield between two cities that share the Capital's Religion.
Unique Improvement: Earthworks - Available with Calendar. Can only be built on Plains or Grassland adjacent to Rivers and cannot be built next to another Earthwork. Provides +2 :c5culture: and +2 :c5faith:. Each adjacent Bonus or Luxury resource provides +1 :c5faith:.
Unique Unit: It depends on if you'd be comfortable giving them a unique Trade or Religious unit rather than a combat unit. If you're fine with a unique Trade / Religious unit, I recommend something like 'Pilgrim' as a Religion-spreading Trade unit. The Hopewell seem to have been relatively peaceful (no evidence of major conflicts at the time), so for a "military" unit the only idea I've had is a "Deer Stalker," an Archer-replacing atlatlist that provides a :c5food: bonus to Forest and Deer tiles and / or is invisible on those tiles.

Dream civ you say?

Also, it seems that Simeon I is bursting out of his Icon.
Didn't I tell you how to make Australia :)? No progress?

Simeon I is so badass that he needs more space.

I'd love to see a Hopewell Civilization. They're one of the most prominent Pre-Columbian cultural complexes, but don't get a lot of attention because we don't know many specifics about them.
I will read about them in free time though red part might be problematic during converting them into playable civ. To be honest, some of your ideas are out of my range ;p.

Quick table of focus:
Khmer| Growth Military
Haida| Military Culture
Hetmanate| Military ?
Kingdom of Jerusalem| Military Religion
Papal States| Religion Science
Sioux| Expansion ?
Phoenicia| Happiness Gold
Timur| Military ?
Durrani| Culture Defense
Ashanti| Military Culture
Nepal| ? ?
Mali| Gold Military
Scotland| Scientific ?
Olmec| Religion Culture
Zimbabwe| Gold ?
Tatar| Military ?
Lithuania|Expansion ?
Bulgaria| Defense Expansion
Cherokee| ? ?
Hittites| Diplomatic Military
Unknown| ? ?

Cherokee will probably turn into something Scientific/Culture, no idea how clasify Nepal (Mountain king :D). Being honest, I would like to see last civ Diplomatic (gameplay around city-states). Hopewell probably can be turned into some kind Diplo-Religion civ, will see how impressed I will be after reading about them.

Phoenicia and Timurid diploscreens:
Spoiler :

Wow! The Timurids look amazing! Regarding Bulgaria though - I've just returned from a playthrough and I have to say that 6 tile radius is absolutely insane! I'd say reduce it to around 3-4 or perhaps make it a ramp up by giving one extra tile view per era. I also found myself re-re-re-re-rolling to get a good river start to build some strongholds on, so perhaps a river start bias mighr be on the cards. The Tatar Horde AI is also insanely awesome, it's pretty cool when you see them claim all these tiles to the enemy base and then blockade them.

Regarding Australia though, I was trying to perfect the idea before moving onto modding it. Wolfdog has said that he is bringing over a Civ IV modded unit for me, so that's really cool. The model can be found here.

Australia would be a solid growth-trade-tourism civ, with some cool flairs to reflect it's weird and unique position as of now - an extremely modern country far from Europe and the Western World - sandwiched in between Asia and the massive Pacific Ocean. The Unique Unit would be the Digger, a unit that would have the Desert Warfare, Foreign lands and movement after attacking promotions. The unique ability would revolve around settling coastal areas with tourism bonuses appearing per in later eras alongside growth bonuses for establishing trade routes (none of this puppeted cities stuff). The unique building is a toss up at the moment - It could be either a Flying Doctor Service (Hospital replacement, requires flight, city connection, cheaper and no maintenance), CSIRO Lab (Research Lab, cheaper, 75% science instead of 50%) or any other one of the buildings I have written down but can't remember off by heart.

The first of all, polished (mainly cosmetics, notifications, optimized code) Set III is available on steam.

Bulgarian 6 vision range is hard-coded promotion, I wanted it to be five (36 plots less). I will see what I can do in LUA. River start biasis is definitely something I would put on ToDo list if I only had one. UA part affecting Archers will be gone. It's meh.
Glad that Tatars try hard, I would be very happy if they try-hard Great Wall and Himeji Castle (ToDo list).
Nice to hear you are making progress.

Dreamciv? I guess for now I'm really into a caribbean civ, like Haiti or Cuba. Both could work with their colonial/slave past and to a liberation kind of UA. :)

(but then again, I love the work you've done in some african civs...maybe an Benin Empire, working with a little bit of yoruba mythology)

If you're thinking of making the Hopewell into a Diplo-Religion focused civ, one I had I've kicked around for them is that they could receive +X :c5faith: for each Luxury Resource they receive from a City-State. Something to capture their exchange system.

As for the Earthworks, if you don't want to make them as Improvements, they could hypothetically work as a Stone Works replacement. I think the Improvement would be best though. I know Leugi made some Improvements for other people; maybe you could team-up with him for that part, if making Improvements isn't your thing.

Thanks for considering the Hopewell. I appreciate that.

Dreamciv? I guess for now I'm really into a caribbean civ, like Haiti or Cuba. Both could work with their colonial/slave past and to a liberation kind of UA. :)

(but then again, I love the work you've done in some african civs...maybe an Benin Empire, working with a little bit of yoruba mythology)
About Benin.

If you're thinking of making the Hopewell into a Diplo-Religion focused civ, one I had I've kicked around for them is that they could receive +X :c5faith: for each Luxury Resource they receive from a City-State. Something to capture their exchange system.

As for the Earthworks, if you don't want to make them as Improvements, they could hypothetically work as a Stone Works replacement. I think the Improvement would be best though. I know Leugi made some Improvements for other people; maybe you could team-up with him for that part, if making Improvements isn't your thing.

Thanks for considering the Hopewell. I appreciate that.
About Earthworks, or your ideas in general. The UA connecting cities is simply not doable in current game (water connection, same continent, pathing, no rival territory between, creating custom routeType, replacing, saving, despite what I do, they will be always possible scenario in which it wouldn't working).
Earthworks, plains or grass requirement would be probably overrided by River one (it means improvement would be able to build on any tile river). What is more important, I don't see a point in creating simple yield bonus UI (that's one of the reason Colossal Heads aren't UI). You may said that Clan Castle is yield bonus, but the Happiness is something different, at least for game code. :)
I once asked JanBoruta how much time he spend on one icon. It turned out that I am able to make whole civ in this time (I have quite manufactured civ creation during all those civs done). Yeah, I would feel quite bad to ask foreign person to waste its time for a thing, which is redundant (ex. my imagination of Stronghold is wooden fort with moat around, but I am fine with Kasbah). In case of Earthworks, I would probably use quarry or Culture Site.
I am still before reading about Hopewell, right now I think that 2 UU might do. Anyway I have to fix Sets IV, V, make Hittites (I will try to find a free space time in weekend and officially see if i can rush civ in 4 hours) and Cherokee (still not even designed...).

Top Bottom