The Forgotten: The Other Civilizations (BNW)

Hello? Can someone answer my question please?

Manx
Leader: Illiam Dhone
UA: Kingdom of the Isles - Coastal cities are automatically connected to the capital and provide additional happiness.
UU: Steam Packet Ship - Replaces Ironclad. Has the Medic promotion and can sell exotic goods.
UB: Tynwald - Requires an Ampitheatre in all cities. The Tynwald provides +3 culture and provides a free Great Writer near the city in which it is built. The Tynwald has two Great Writing slots which provide a theming bonus if filled with Manx works of writing.

Manx
Leader: Illiam Dhone
UA: Kingdom of the Isles - Coastal cities are automatically connected to the capital and provide additional happiness.
UU: Steam Packet Ship - Replaces Ironclad. Has the Medic promotion and can sell exotic goods.
UB: Tynwald - Requires an Ampitheatre in all cities. The Tynwald provides +3 culture and provides a free Great Writer near the city in which it is built. The Tynwald has two Great Writing slots which provide a theming bonus if filled with Manx works of writing.

Well, it seems I am among those with account problems, anyway, I have a suggestion.

I think the UU and UB are great, but the unique ability is somewhat lacklustre. I was thinking it could be tourism focused, which would work well with the UB, Tynwald.

You may not be aware, but the Isle of Man hosts the TT motor bike roadraces, and has done since 1907. It's an annual motorbike racing event that is considered one of the most prestigious in the world and is a massive part of our tourist industry. The population of the island literally doubles during the TT.

So, I was thinking a tourism focused UA, like perhaps 25% tourism to all civs when combustion is researched? That probably wouldn't be the whole UA, but you understand where I am coming from?

Kingdom of the isles is an okay concept, considering how the island used to control the Scottish Hebrides, but it's a bit similar to Carthage's UA and from a game-play perspective doesn't play that well with the rest of the mod. (If anything the UA encourages a wide game, meaning it's harder to get the UB tynwald as you have to build more amphitheaters)

Just my suggestion :)

I am wondering, is the Tynwald a National Wonder replacement or can you build it in every city so long as they all have an Amphitheater? The latter would be kind of crazy awesome.

The Tourist Trophy would be kind of interesting, my first thought would be to make it a Decision (I'm thinking up a Monaco and trying to come up with something along those lines for the Monaco GP), something like "every tile with Road gets extra culture" (since I think that'd also amount to Tourism with a Hotel, dunno how that works though) for a cost, but as he said, he's likely not to go for E&D.

For the existing concept, I think something more proactive would be nice: maybe instead of automatic things, when you indeed connect cities with a Harbor, either a small Golden Age or a WLTKD would happen to more actively reward coastal connections rather than passively gift them.

I am wondering, is the Tynwald a National Wonder replacement or can you build it in every city so long as they all have an Amphitheater? The latter would be kind of crazy awesome.

The Tourist Trophy would be kind of interesting, my first thought would be to make it a Decision (I'm thinking up a Monaco and trying to come up with something along those lines for the Monaco GP), something like "every tile with Road gets extra culture" (since I think that'd also amount to Tourism with a Hotel, dunno how that works though) for a cost, but as he said, he's likely not to go for E&D.

For the existing concept, I think something more proactive would be nice: maybe instead of automatic things, when you indeed connect cities with a Harbor, either a small Golden Age or a WLTKD would happen to more actively reward coastal connections rather than passively gift them.

It wouldn't make enourmous sense for the UB to not be a national wonder.

Tynwald is the island's 1000 year old parliament, and is literally what we Manx would class as "A national wonder".

You could adapt brazils UA, like, extra tourism during golden ages and throw in something else, that might represent the TT quite well too.

Aside from the TT, there are a few other things you could base the UA around, for example, look at the Manx mod which I helped to create awhile ago

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=313774829&searchtext=manx

Due to the island's surprisingly large aerospace and engineering industry, we imagined a production/GE engineer based civ might work.

It would be nice to see a tourism based civ, as in the base game there aren't many, and as mentioned above, the isle of man has retained quite large tourism levels, recovering from the package holiday which devastated out most resorts such as blackpool.

Well, it seems I am among those with account problems, anyway, I have a suggestion.

I think the UU and UB are great, but the unique ability is somewhat lacklustre. I was thinking it could be tourism focused, which would work well with the UB, Tynwald.

You may not be aware, but the Isle of Man hosts the TT motor bike roadraces, and has done since 1907. It's an annual motorbike racing event that is considered one of the most prestigious in the world and is a massive part of our tourist industry. The population of the island literally doubles during the TT.

So, I was thinking a tourism focused UA, like perhaps 25% tourism to all civs when combustion is researched? That probably wouldn't be the whole UA, but you understand where I am coming from?

Kingdom of the isles is an okay concept, considering how the island used to control the Scottish Hebrides, but it's a bit similar to Carthage's UA and from a game-play perspective doesn't play that well with the rest of the mod. (If anything the UA encourages a wide game, meaning it's harder to get the UB tynwald as you have to build more amphitheaters)

Just my suggestion :)
Well I like the UA and it is a tourism UA indirectly. More happiness from connecting cities and instant city connections encourages going wide which is good for tourism.

The suggested strategy would be to go tall initially and then expand over various landmasses once you have the Tynwald.

I'd still consider increasing the specialization for tourism in some way

How is the Celtic update going? Are you still going to keep Britanny and the Manx separate?

Well, considering the Isle of Man is nowhere near northern France... I'd say so.

In answer to all questions at the moment, I'm very busy studying for exams and won't be able to do much at all until late November. Right now I'm considering putting the Manx and Brittany in the larger Celtic Pack.

That seems sensible, they are called "Celtic nations" afterall

"Celtic nations" is a wide term.

...Except not really? That's a specific term used to refer to the six major cultural branches of the Celtic people: Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Ireland, the Isle of Man, and Brittany. This is also throwing the Iceni in because we can't just go and waste Boudicca's leaderscene.

Top Bottom