Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

Indeed. However one can argue Haciendas truly defined the culture of Mexico in a strong way (Rurales, and "Sombrero" guys, all of that popular culture surged from the Haciendas)... So although Tianguis are more unique to them, I consider Haciendas a nice option too.

Pssh. The PM unit isn't about originality - It's all about flavor. Henry Parkes is possibly the best leader for Australia you can think of, but it sparks heaps of uproar with the whole "Chifley/Barton/Menzies/Hawke is better leader" debate. The PM unit basically includes all the leaders as to quell that ruckus.

For the article, perhaps you can contain a short entry as to what the appointment of the PM in Australia revolves around and maybe a brief history of some of the more notable PMs Curtin/Hawke/Menzies/Chifley, what they achieved and how the changed the face of Australia!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Minister_of_Australia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_rankings_of_Prime_Ministers_of_Australia

I agree that Parkes is the best Australian leader for this, and I'll write as much as possible on the other leaders just to keep everyone quiet. :p

I think you could find haciendas in all Spanish Colonies before. Even here in the Philippines there are still few haciendas.

Most every country had Haciendas, yes, but Mexico was the one that was defined the most by them, aside from what has been explained earlier, the other colonies had other economic figures upon which they sustained themselves... Caribbean had the sugar plantations, Colombia the Cafetales, Venezuela the Cacao plantations, Uruguay/Paraguay/Argentina the huge estancias. Peru and Bolivia the mines, Chile... Chile was mostly a battlefield throughout most of it's colonial history. :sad:

One could make a case for the Phillipines, but even then, I'm pretty sure they had more important colonial features than the Haciendas, they were mostly the shipmakers of the empire, from what I've read.

I wonder, will you do a voice-over for Mexico?

I may be able to arrange a custom DoM.

Most every country had Haciendas, yes, but Mexico was the one that was defined the most by them, aside from what has been explained earlier, the other colonies had other economic figures upon which they sustained themselves... Caribbean had the sugar plantations, Colombia the Cafetales, Venezuela the Cacao plantations, Uruguay/Paraguay/Argentina the huge estancias. Peru and Bolivia the mines, Chile... Chile was mostly a battlefield throughout most of it's colonial history. :sad:

One could make a case for the Phillipines, but even then, I'm pretty sure they had more important colonial features than the Haciendas, they were mostly the shipmakers of the empire, from what I've read.

I wonder, will you do a voice-over for Mexico?

After the independent movements in latin america Haciendas slowly but steadily started to decline as wealth generators (after all they were too linked to Spanish colonialism), but Mexico had the particular case of strenghtening the system to the point that it ended up fueling the revolution. Juarez started to strenghten them (all that land he took from the church had to go somewhere), Diaz built on top of that, and overclocked it to generate massive wealth, production and modernize the country (at the expense of the peons) and finally Madero refused to deal with the problem sparking the revolution (he was an hacendado himself so).

The Haciendas are just too engrained in Mexican culture as a whole.

Check out this amazing map done for us by Janboruta!

This looks great! Each civ's unique units/buildings/abilities have clearly been planned out, and the art looks fantastic! I personally would've chosen the seven point star as the emblem of Australia, but the billabong works too. Can't wait until it gets released!

This looks great! Each civ's unique units/buildings/abilities have clearly been planned out, and the art looks fantastic! I personally would've chosen the seven point star as the emblem of Australia, but the billabong works too. Can't wait until it gets released!

Thanks man, really appreciate it! I felt that the Seven pointed commonwealth star didn't evoke the same sort of imagery that the Billabong/Waterhole symbol did. Hopefully we'll be releasing it for the 26th of Janurary a.k.a Australia Day!

Australia is out tomorrow! Get hyped!

It maybe the euphoria of the release that is making my eyes water and unfocused, but is there a quick link on this post to the download?:crazyeye:

All I get is the endless loop of "Check it out now!" click "Check it out now!" etc.
I have found a 'beta' in the downloads section, is that it?:scan:

That is the beta WIP version, yep. Tomorrow we should be (with great pomp and fanfare) releasing Australia.

Although I'm sure there will be improvements :)

Canada is mostly coded and just needs some art and music touchups :)

Top Bottom