BAT mod slows and crashes game

ShiVvV

Warlord
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced their games crashing (Civ4BTS not responding) when using BAT mod? Especially at those times in game when involved in a war. I love the mod and the graphics but it becomes very frustrating and I resort to manually saving every pre- and post-turn sometimes (which gets tiresome). This could just be a limitation of my system (desktop/DellInspiron 537S and modest graphics card). Anyone else experienced similar issues with in-game freezes and crashes?

BAT is a huge, graphic intensive mod. You need a fairly good PC to run it, especially as you get deeper into the game, more units, more graphics, etc.

Depending on the size of the map, a good graphics card makes all the difference. I find that my laptop tends to slow down a lot in the late game, but my desktop doesn't. I don't have a crashing problem though.

In fact, other than crashing to the desktop when exiting to the main menu (an in game music problem that I keep thinking that I've fixed. :mad: ), I've had no one say that BAT crashes during normal play.

Top Bottom