Additional Civilizations (by DJSHenninger)

Is there any artist willing to give this art of Tamar the Great of Georgia a proper background? Can't seem to find any. My leaders always end up standing in front of a mountain or something :p A suggestion is a monastery of some kind such as the Gelati Monastery or Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, preferably inside, since the outside looks way too decayed. If there's no one, I'll just drop her in front of a mountain ^^

Spoiler :

The cathedral actually looks quite good, except Tamar's outline seems to be 'corrupted' slightly or pixelated. I'm not a fan of oilifying the background though; could you direct me to the image used so I can try as well? I want to add some lighting if possible, and a perspective shadow. Thanks :)

The cathedral actually looks quite good, except Tamar's outline seems to be 'corrupted' slightly or pixelated. I'm not a fan of oilifying the background though; could you direct me to the image used so I can try as well? I want to add some lighting if possible, and a perspective shadow. Thanks :)

Spoiler :

Yeah the location and everything is really nice, which is why I had to give it a go myself as well:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

Thanks, background looks great, Ill credit both of you :)

Edit: Oh it looked different on my Iphone, but it still looks good lol.

Georgia - Tamar the Great

Spoiler :
Available versions: BNW, G&K

Emphasized on: Religion (primary) | Growth (secondary)

Leader: Tamar the Great
UA: The Glory of Iveria - Improved hills adjacent to cities provide +1 Faith. +5% Food for each different local Bonus Resource in cities adjacent to mountains.

UB: Svanetian Tower. Replaces the Castle. Extra effect(s):
> -50% Production costs
> +1 Faith
> +15% of Food is carried over after a new Citizen is born

UU: Khevsur Warrior. Replaces the Swordsman. Extra effect(s):
> Double movement in hills
> +25% attack and defense in rough terrain

Alternative building:

UB (UNW): Holy Trinity Cathedral. Replaces the Grand Temple (National Wonder). Extra effect(s):
> +2 Faith from local Bonus Resources
> +1 Culture from local Bonus Resources
> Production costs do NOT increase the more cities there are in the empire

Instructions for installation alternative UB:
1. Go to My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization V/MODS/Georgia (GK + BNW)
2. Open "Civ_Georgia.xml", located in the XML folder with notepad etc.
3. Search for the following code:
Code:
		<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_GEORGIA</CivilizationType>
			<BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_CASTLE</BuildingClassType>
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_SVANETIAN_TOWER</BuildingType>
		</Row>
4. Replace this with the following code:
Code:
		<Row>
			<CivilizationType>CIVILIZATION_GEORGIA</CivilizationType>
                        <BuildingClassType>BUILDINGCLASS_GRAND_TEMPLE</BuildingClassType>			 
			<BuildingType>BUILDING_HOLY_TRINITY_CATHEDRAL</BuildingType>
		</Row>
5. Save and play

Credits:
Tamar: ???
Khevsur: Kolhki
Unit graphics by Danrell
Leaderscreen background by Rob (R8XFT) and TPangolin

Download:
G&K/BNW version (Mediafire)

- New leader art, icon
- New Svanetian Tower icon
- First part of trait changed, may get some tweaks: +1 Faith from improved hills adjacent to cities. Potentially more faith than Celtic's trait, but no direct faith bonus involved. May exclude the Capital for balance reasons.

Gorgeous new art, really interesting design, and I like the new UA. It really isn't that different to the Celt's one, but it's more useful in the long run, especially if you get a Tundra start with Dance of the Aurora or one of the other Hill Resource pantheons. =]

Gorgeous new art, really interesting design, and I like the new UA. It really isn't that different to the Celt's one, but it's more useful in the long run, especially if you get a Tundra start with Dance of the Aurora or one of the other Hill Resource pantheons. =]

Thanks ;) Will probably take a long time to update the rest of the art. Skanderbeg or Dusan will be next, although some of the art will be hard to improve because of the leaders' characteristic appearance such as Stephen the Great.

In the meantime, I will update the trait of the Kazakhs:
- New trait; animal husbandry-based
- UB effect changed: no more Culture bonus, but bonus for mounted units
- New map art + DOM

---------

The Kazakhs

Spoiler :
Available versions: BNW

Emphasized on: Culture (primary) | Warfare (primary)

Leader: Ablai Khan
UA: Nomadic Pastoralists - Founded cities claim nearby flat Plains and Grass tiles without any features, automatically improve Pasture resources and spawn a Sheep resource.

UB: Kïiz Üy. Replaces the Circus. Extra effect(s):
> Requires no nearby Horses or Ivory
> Mounted units trained in this City gain open terrain bonuses (+15% Combat Strength)
> Free Stable in this City

UU: Tolu-Batyr. Replaces the Horseman. Extra effect(s):
> Has a higher Combat Strength (15 instead of 12)
> Heals 15 HP more per turn in neutral territory and 10 HP more per turn in friendly territory

Notes:
Sheep won't spawn if there's no flat grass or plains tile.

Credits:
Unique unit uses 'Turkey Horseman' graphics by Danrell.
Lua based on lua by JFD and Sukritact, taken from JFD's Carthage
"PlotIterators" lua by Whoward!

Download:
BNW version (Mediafire)

Shouldn't Georgia be Orthodox not Catholic?

I totally forgot about DoM screens and didn't actually make a high res map for Croatia.
I can go back and do it again without much issue and fix up the text resolutions whilst I'm at it.

I know its a bit odd request... but can someone give me screenshots of DJS's civs?

Shouldn't Georgia be Orthodox not Catholic?

It was originally for GK, which is why it's still Christianity.

I totally forgot about DoM screens and didn't actually make a high res map for Croatia.
I can go back and do it again without much issue and fix up the text resolutions whilst I'm at it.

That would be great, but there's no rush since it'll take a while before the civ is ready.

I know its a bit odd request... but can someone give me screenshots of DJS's civs?

Visit my workshop.

Dat avatar though.

Dat avatar though.

Right :p That's the leader for my alternate Croatia, Ivan Mazuranic. Fits the trait better than my previous leader choice. Everything's kinda on hold, I should probably pick it up again soon.

Absolutely love the icon for him.

Dat moustache though...
Btw, how do you still manage to find uniques(@DJS)

No idea, I'm persistent :p

Currently these are my plans:

- Update Tomislav's Croatia. New leader art and will get a new UU, which is a maritime unit, the Uskok. It will replace the Grenz Infantry.
- Mazuranic's Croatia will be cultural focused. It will get the Illyrian Reading Room UB and the Cravate Regiment Guard UU.
- Since Kerfuffle already map a map for me, I'll try to make a Jelacic's Croatia as well :p This one will get the Grenz Infantry and another yet not fully determined building or whatever. Had Tvrda, Osijek's Old Town, in mind.

Top Bottom