Han's Historic Civilizations

Now that I'm back, I've fixed the screenshots. On an unrelated note, I'd like to announce two things: First of all, Chimor. Here's what they look like as of right now:
Leader: Taycanamo
Colors: Brown and Gold. ((()))
Building 1: Chimu Kiln. Replaces the Mint, and requires Gold, Silver, or Copper. Its gold generation is the same as a regular mint, but it generates one culture and has room for a Artifact. it generates a Unique Ceramics resource near the city it was built in.
Building 2: Ciudadela. Replaces a Market, and gives 2 more gold and 1 culture.
Ability: Artisans of Ancient Peru: Buildings with all Great Work slots filled give 2 Gold and 2 Faith when filled. Begin the game with the knowledge of Pottery.

I am going to begin work on the Papal States as a Civ after the Ajuran Sultanate. The Papal States will be Faith and Culture oriented, with Tourism in the late game.

I just started a game as the Kanem. I found a problem with the free Great Prophet. Mine was unable to do any GP actions except to build a Holy Site. This was my 2nd GP of the game and I had already founded a religion. The icons to enhance or spread religion did not show up for the free GP at all. Just in case, I even moved it next to my 2nd city to see if the spread action became available but it did not.

Also, I saw in the civilopedia that the info for the UB and UU were incomplete, the faith icons were missing in the Game Info section for the UU and the same icon in the Strategy section for the UB.

The Civilopedia stuff I can fix easily, I'll need to do some testing to figure out what's wrong with the Prophet. Thank you for alerting me to this, and I will fix it as soon as possible.

Part of my planned update was to change it actually, with "Kanem Kanem Cavalry" being really annoying to me. I was actually going to call it Sayfuwa, which is what the Sayfawa dynasty was called.

Here's the information on the update:
-Fixed bug with Prophet and Inquisitor where the don't have a Religion. (Done)
-Add a Start Bias. (Done)
-Add a Preferred Religion. (Done)
-Change Kanem Cavalry's name. (Done)
-Added YnAEMP compatibility, with all Earth Maps. (Done)
-Releasing the Update a few minutes from now. (DONE!)

For other modders: It's known that you cannot spawn Missionaries, Inquisitors, and Great Prophets. I found a work around by using a building to spawn them, which is generated upon discovering the proper techs/advancing eras. The reason the spawning of religious units is broken is because they spawn without a Religion.

An update for Akkadian is also coming soon. This update adds better leader art, YnAEMP Compatibility, and acts on Pouakai's suggestion to neaten the civilopedia.

Akkadia's update has just been release.

Also:
and

Any chance for non-Steam Workshop download soon?

I'll have them up pretty soon. I've been distracted by school starting and finishing up Chimor, but now that Chimor just needs some fine tuning, I'll be able to do the manual downloads.

Chimor is being uploaded to the Steam Workshop as I post this.

Also, here are three current civ designs with certain names hidden, so you can all guess which is which ;). They are all part of the next 6 in line, which are all in my signature. Please note that all of these are subject to change.

[REDACTED]
[REDACTED] and [REDACTED]
Green-Orange
Painted Warrior: Replaces Cavalry, and has the Terrifying promotion, as well as a bonus against other mounted units.
Medicine Lodge:Replaces Granary as well as food it heals units that enter the city for 10 health.
[REDACTED]'s Curse: For every other Civilization you share a border with, receive one happiness. Rivers all generate one gold pet turn, and lakes generate two faith per turn

Kingdom of [REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
Pink-Dark Dark Green
[REDACTED]'s Skirmishers: Can retreat from combat once every turn, and has a bonus when attacking cities. Replaces Swordsman
Hellenogalatae: Replaces Spearman. Rather than having a combat strength, it adopts the strength of the enemy unit nearest to it. Doesn’t obsolete until Metal Casting.
The Great Liberator: When liberating another civ, receive three maintenance free units, and a random Great Person. When retaking one of your own cities, begin a Golden Age.

[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
Brown-Blue
War Chief: Replaces Great General. As well as conferring the bonuses to nearby units, it can be expended to create a source of 2 horses.
Club Raider: Replaces Knight. Weaker, but faster. It also has a strength against more advanced units.
The Poke and Posey War: When a War Chief is killed, receive X Culture per era. When a War Chief is born, recieve X Faith per era.

Chimor is being uploaded to the Steam Workshop as I post this.

Also, here are three current civ designs with certain names hidden, so you can all guess which is which ;). They are all part of the next 6 in line, which are all in my signature. Please note that all of these are subject to change.

[REDACTED]
[REDACTED] and [REDACTED]
Green-Orange
Painted Warrior: Replaces Cavalry, and has the Terrifying promotion, as well as a bonus against other mounted units.
Medicine Lodge:Replaces Granary as well as food it heals units that enter the city for 10 health.
[REDACTED]'s Curse: For every other Civilization you share a border with, receive one happiness. Rivers all generate one gold pet turn, and lakes generate two faith per turn

Kingdom of [REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
Pink-Dark Dark Green
[REDACTED]'s Skirmishers: Can retreat from combat once every turn, and has a bonus when attacking cities. Replaces Swordsman
Hellenogatae: Replaces Spearman. Rather than having a combat strength, it adopts the strength of the enemy unit nearest to it. Doesn’t obsolete until Metal Casting.
The Great Liberator: When liberating another civ, receive three maintenance free units, and a random Great Person. When retaking one of your own cities, begin a Golden Age.

[REDACTED]
[REDACTED]
Brown-Blue
War Chief: Replaces Great General. As well as conferring the bonuses to nearby units, it can be expended to create a source of 2 horses.
Club Raider: Replaces Knight. Weaker, but faster. It also has a strength against more advanced units.
The Poke and Posey War: When a War Chief is killed, receive X Culture per era. When a War Chief is born, recieve X Faith per era.

First is Kiowa and third is Ute, I believe.

You forgot to answer in the form of a question. :nono:

However, you did get the Ute right. Kiowa, on the other hand, is still a secret.

Hellenogatae: Replaces Spearman. Rather than having a combat strength, it adopts the strength of the enemy unit nearest to it. Doesn’t obsolete until Metal Casting.

Wow, this is literally the only place on the entire internet where the word "Hellenogatae" is used.

Arapaho, Pontus and Ute?

Ding ding ding, you got it Hiram.

I'll be honest, I discovered the term Hellonogalatae on the Total War forums ( Please don't kick me of off civfanatics for this bit of betrayal)

Also, you are right, it's Greek. Turns out I had a misspelling on that post that I just found, and that we are actually talking about Hellenogalatae, who were a group of soldiers that were made up of several different ethnicities and combat styles, hence the gets nearest combat strength thing. For some reason google translate kept deciding it was Hungarian though, so Hellenogalatae is probably from an older Greek Dialect that is no longer spoken, or a combination of languages which makes sense seeing as how Pontus spoke Pontic Greek, Greek, Old Persian, and Laz.

Sorry about the misspelling, everyone.

Yeah, I think the Getae are a different group of people?

Several Thracian tribes were called Getae, despite the word actually being Greek in origin.

Hmm... I wonder if anyone has done Thracia. :mischief:

That's not a problem, it looks better than mine.

Although, I will miss my frog. ;)

I'll probably implement your map tonight. Thanks again, Lady Duckington.

EDIT: As soon as Lady Duckington's map is implemented, I will upload Chimor screenshots.

Also, the best leader screen I will ever make:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom