End of Empires - N3S III

Its nice to see the cradle refreshed in a logical manner.

NK, congrats for not letting the cradle go stale. TBH we don't even need that massive new nation yet.. thats how amazing this is.. shame you want to go into BT mode...

Fantastiche :D

Dare I trouble you with an orders in/out list?

Meh, at least you survive a turn or two.. I got stomped by the Satar within a turn!

I'm glad there's also rather large body of water between me and Dulama ;)

Seriously guys, we're all just Caribs. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first moderator to throw advanced forces from off the map at his enemies. :p

Seriously guys, we're all just Caribs. I'm pretty sure I'm not the first moderator to throw advanced forces from off the map at his enemies. :p

Don't you mean players? ;)

For the past 5 years, Vol Jului has worked with his father, the governor, suppressing rebellions and defections in the province of Jania. Vol Jului's mother was killed in the Siran invasion of Ropoa Boa, and Vol Jului himself a refugee. Vol Jului's father had died of old age a year ago, leaving Vol Jului Governor of the Jania province, Prince of Kargan.

A messenger had arrived into Kargan from the now flagging imperial capital of Trovin.

“The ruling council wishes to speak to you regarding your ascension to the throne, travel to Trovin immediately and bring your family, you will not be returning to Kargan, at least not yet.”

Vol Jului sailed out of the harbor past the old bronze statue that guarded the straits on the Rock of Jarui (the first governor of Jania), normally a sword in one hand, a grain of wheat in the other. The bronze statue, marking the westward domain of the empire was a symbol for the economic and military power of the Trilui. However, the statue had been damaged in a lightening storm a decade ago, its arm that grasped the wheat had been struck off and fallen into the sea; the sword in the other arm was scorched black as a result.

Vol Jului sailed on, past Dema, the traitors of the Trilui and Faron into the harbor at Trovin. He was astonished at what he saw, 2 decades after the destruction, the city was still in much ruin. The grand temple to Hulos a shadow of itself, the markets empty, massive debris still littered the harbor. Vol Jului was taken up the old avenue of the greats, the gold encrested statues of past glory gone, looted during the sack. He passed the burial chamber of the last emperor, murdered during the siege, unknown to him as his uncle.

“Vol Jului”, the man in the crimson cloak announced, “Come in, take a seat. You have never met us, we are the ruling council of Trilui and have ruled since your uncle was murdered by the Satar. After the siege, the remnants of the emperor's family, the house of Vol was dispersed across the Lovi Sea, into hiding. You are the only survivor, the rest, including your sister are dead. I know this is much for you, but we believe it is time for you to ascend the throne of Trilui and save this empire.”

Vol Jului was a gasp, it was not what he expected on his order to Trovin. “But I am but not a young man, the responsibilities of the empire, mine?”

“Yes Jului, we understand, but you are the only hope, Trilui needs a strong leader, someone to defend ourself. You had proved yourself in the attempted coup in Kargan 5 years ago, fighting off the rebels at the gates on the governor's palace. We need you to fight for Trilui, its enemies are many, savoring at a chance of a piece of the empire. We need you to lay down revenge on the ones that have betrayed the empire.”

Vol Jului, stared the man in the face, “I will defend this empire, I will defend these people, I avenge my uncle and the city of Trovin. Trilui will be reborn, arise from the ashes stronger than ever.”

“Very well, you must take the oath, raise your right hand”

Jului repeated

“I will defend the empire, from its enemies home and abroad, preserve the way of life of the Trilui and serve under Hulos, or die in my effort.”

“Very well Jului, you are now emperor, all rise for ...”

“Wait”, Jului cut the man off. “I would like to add another oath to that.”

Hesitating, the man agreed.

“The Maeriouhau and the other traitors will be punished.”

Ninja: clarification: not that I'm not glad for the peaceful resolution, but demanding a large tribute and obeisance without defeating you first and without offering reciprocal gifts qualifies as "insulting" in the terms of my PM and so justifies measures outlined there, on both our parts. Just saying.

And I will be happy if we avoid the BT.

Ninja: clarification: not that I'm not glad for the peaceful resolution, but demanding a large tribute and obeisance without defeating you first and without offering reciprocal gifts qualifies as "insulting" in the terms of my PM and so justifies measures outlined there, on both our parts. Just saying.

And I will be happy if we avoid the BT.

I've realised that the Council would probably bite their tounges and tolerate sending tribute and all of that in exchange for not getting their teeth kicked in. :p

Question - did I send orders for this or not?

NK I just realized this question sounded extremely stupid, since I was presenting it the wrongest way possible, which was one of the reasons it might have produced an empty response by you (aka no reply whatsoever), so let's try again -

- The last orders I sent, did they take into action at the last update you posted or are they used for the next update?

Top Bottom