WH Version 1.4 Bug Thread

whoever made the soundtrack is doing what modders do best, using other peoples ideas/stuff

:lol: whats wrong with that? mimicry is the highest form of flattery, and besides, this WHOLE MOD uses other peoples ideas ie Games Workshop. so i dont see an issue :)

I never said it was wrong. The mod I am making is using ideas/names from almost every fantasy source out there.

I could swear it sounds like the last 5 seconds of the intro to BG, when they flash up very brief scenes from the episode ahead. That hum increasing in pitch, definitely the same.
LOL, though I didn't get it from there it actually very well might be.. I think that clip was from a track by X-Ray Dog, a studio for incidental music that gets recycled in all kinds of tv shows/movie trailers. In the actual soundtrack, I tried to mostly use songs freely available from an artist website (Loreena McKennitt released a good album online), but many of those really weren't my favorite so I did include a few other songs from more obscure groups that seemed fitting. At best it will get more people exposed to their music; hopefully none of their existing fans will discover this mod & then decide to stop buying their albums ;)

Bug: Brettonnia (and maybe others?) can build the War Galley, which is supposed to be a Tilean UU.

*Edit*
High Elves can build them too.

I just realized another bug, many of the songs in the ancient period dont play becasue they are improperly defined in the game.

I got the wild paths tech relatively late in the game via trade, and now it keeps turning my roads into paths.

This sounds like a bug; no race should be able to research both roads and wild paths. I suspect that dark elves should be unable to research wild paths at all.

Bug: Lore of Life 1 spell Father of thornis supposed to be entangle, but also does massive poison damage.
Entangle is a very powerful spell as it stands. The entangle though doesn't seem to be working? Needs testing.
Fury of Khaine is pathetically weak for a level 2 spell. (strength 3 fireball with no collateral damage; make it strength 4).

Animated Stones spell (Life 2) too strong; creates 8/5 summon that also has a damaging spell (earth's grasp).

Earth's grasp (spell from Animated Stones unit) bugged. Traceback:
File "CvSpellInterface", line 16, in cast.
File "string", line 0 in ?
File "CvSpellInterface, line 873 in spellEarthsGrasp.
ARgument error: python argument types in CyUnit, doDamage(CyUnit, int, int, Cyunit, int) did not match C++ signature:
doDamage(class CyUnit{lvalue}, int, int class CyUnit*, int, bool)

Brettonia cannot build Temple of Salvation, and thus cannot spread their religion manually. Very annoying.

Edit: Oh, do any of the non-chaos/elf magic trees actually work? I see Civ entries for national wonders to enable various types of magic, but they don't appear to actually be buildable.

I am sure I restricted war galley and raider horseman to tilea. We will need to find something else for them, or they'll seem a bit bland.

reduced animated stones strength to 6/5, is this ok?

Probably; its not so much the unit strength as the idea of a summon that also has a damage spell.

Brettonia cannot build Temple of Salvation, and thus cannot spread their religion manually. Very annoying.

Temple of Salvation isn't supposed to be buildable, it is replaced by the UB temples for each faction.
But missionaries are bugged with the new temples, we will probably just make Chaos/Salvation/Eternal life/spritiuality missionaries require the state religion in the city rather than a temple.
I am sure I restricted war galley and raider horseman to tilea. We will need to find something else for them, or they'll seem a bit bland.

Well, many/most factions can build the war galley, and I think I've seen raider horsemen in games with no Tilea. Maybe these were messed up in the merge? Anyway, they're bugged in the 1.5 version from the private forum that I'm running.

Another issue I noticed; the Nekehara leader has the Summoner trait, but Khemri magic doesn't have any summoning spells. So....

(Using1.5 beta)
Lore of heavens spells are better than they were. Forked lightning (summon lightning elemental) still too weak; strength 3 units are useless that late in the game.
On Storm of Cornos vs Thunderbolt, I would suggest having the storm deal damage to the strongest stack within range, and the Thunderbolt deal massive damage to just a single unit (have it deal 60-90% damage to the single strongest unit within range).

many/most factions can build the war galley, and I think I've seen raider horsemen in games with no Tilea.

This appears to be true.. since a new unitclass was made, you need to edit CIV4CivilizationInfos.xml so every civilization has an entry for UNITCLASS_WAR_GALLEY having UnitType:NONE and likewise for RAIDER_HORSEMAN, otherwise everyone gets these by default. Hopefully can be fixed by the next upload?

Hi There. The bug happend around turn 450 in an "Epic" game of the WarhammerCitys scenario:
Spoiler :
[Nov 02, 2008 - 13:14:01] Messages while processing 'Mods/Warhammer/Resource/Civ4.thm'

Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:401, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_Italic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:402, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size3_BoldItalic' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Common.thm', Ln:408, Col:13) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Decl - ('Civ4Theme_Window.thm', Ln:3048, Col:9) Assignment source propertyId 'SF_CtrlTheme_Civ4_Control_Font_Size1_Bold' not found
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:887, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement
Error : Syntax - ('Civ4Theme_HUD.thm', Ln:927, Col:13) Unexpected '.' in the identifier assignment statement

Any Idea how to safe this game?

Another Bug i found ist that for highelfs the crossbowmen aren't exchanged for Lothern Seaguard as they should (instead i can build regular crossbowman.

Top Bottom