Weird, But Fundamental, Problem

Patine

Deity
Today, my installation of Civ2 ToT, which hasn't actually been altered on a game level since I installed the last ToTPP update (which was right when it came out) decided inexplicably it wouldn't work. Every time I attempted to run it, it just stopped on the main menu before really doing anything and declared it was "not responding." There was no specific error message to identify what was wrong. Strangely, every time I tried, it showed two or three ToT games running at once on my task bar, even though every time I only activated it once. That's the only noteworthy thing that might be helpful. Even a complete uninstall and reinstall didn't seem to help the situation. Does anyone what could be wrong? This has never happened to me before and is right out of the blue (e.g. I didn't do anything to or change anything about the installation itself of late).

This seems to have been fixed with a simple restart of my computer, which ironically (or stupidly) I didn't even attempt before uninstalling and reinstalling or posting this thread...

My former IT support colleague's favorite saying was: "80% of MS Windows problems are solved by a restart"

Top Bottom