Best civilization

What is the best civilization for each category in your eyes?

• Chislev

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Archos

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Khazad

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Clan of Embers

• Dural

• Balseraphs

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Amurites

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Calabim

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Scions of Patria

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Hippus

• Sidar

• Grigori

• Luchuirp

• Sheiam

• Lanun

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • The hamster civ

• Bannor

• Elohim

• Legion of D'Tesh

• Svartfalar

• Lojalsofar

• Mazatl

• Cuaxli

• Mechanos

• Austrin

• Total voters

jackelgull

An aberration of nature
I am well aware that this is a nuanced category, so let me split it up.
1. Civ with the best economy
2. Civ with the strongest early game military (tier 1 units)
Civ with the strongest midgame military (tier 2 units)
Civ with the strongest late game military (tier 3 &4 units)
3. Strongest Arcane civ
4. Best rusher
5. Best rexer.
6. Most suited to a culture win.
I'm sure there are more but these are all that I can think of.

1. Khazad
2. Clan of Embers
Sheiam
Calabim
3. Calabim
4. Doviello
5. Khazad
6. Balseraph

1. The Mazatl have a guaranteed high-powered economy that gets some of the better benefits of both RoK and Empyrean. It's invulnerable to outside tampering and it kicks into gear fairly early, but it doesn't scale up. My actual vote for this is the Mekaran Order, which you don't have listed. A slave-stacked capital with the Slaver's Market and their fancy laboratories has a completely hilarious output.

2. Early: Scions of Patria. The only counter for Korinna the Red is to be on the other side of the map.

Mid: Mekaran Order under Zaria (protip: the other two leaders might as well not exist) gives you Corgayle with Lifedrinker. Whereas Korinna the Red is functionally unstoppable, vampire Corgayle is literally so.

Late: If there's no limit to what "late" means, it's a question of whether Mekara has farmed up enough vampire Ascendants to take on Auric Ascended without the Godslayer. Eurabatres deserves an honorable mention.

3. Calabim, no question. Unless the Amurites under Naxus Dominate a Calabim vampire and a Mekaran vampire and stack one of their mithril-armed mages, but that's, you know, hard to account for. Or if a Mimic kills all the relevant units and picks up Hero on the side.

4. Doviello are really good at this, and so are the Clan of Embers, but there are civs that can hold them off (D'Tesh, Mechanos). The same can't be said of a rushed Korinna re: Scions.

5. Probably Scions of Patria. Austrin second. The Calabim are good at it in the traditional sense if they save River of Blood, too.

6. I'm trying to think if anything can compete with Freak Cages. Probably not, so yeah, Balseraphs.

1. Malakim hands down. So much, that even as AI they sometimes way ahead in technology and gold. And if left to their devices, Infernal too
2. Strongest early: Archos and Clan
strongest midgame: Hippus
strongest late game: Grigori, Calabim. Illians. And D'Tesh. Oh dear god, D'Tesh
3. Grigori, possible Calabim
4. Archos and Clan
5. Best rexer - don't know what that means.
6. Bals, Ljos and SUDDENLY infernals

REX is Rapid Early eXpansion. Build a ton of early cities - in normal CIV, switching each city to a Settler at 3 population - to gain a huge map presence and the foundation of a powerhouse empire as soon as possible, with all other goals subsidiary. The Scions are the best at it because they get free Settlers and their Fallow cities are more immediately productive. The Austrin are right behind them because they have 0 maintenance from distance, allowing them to select only ideal city locations and to grab amazing setups far beyond the range of other civs, and don't need settlers - instead their powerful recon line can found and then defend (are not sacrificed in founding) newborn cities across the map.

The Calabim are good at the traditional Civ 4 style of REX, and this is basically the best use of their Worldspell. Flauros also has near-ideal REX traits.

Top Bottom