Installing Civ III Complete in Vista 64 bit

artr2

Chieftain
I have a Toshiba laptop running vista home preimum. i am trying to install Civ III Complete on it, and it keeps hanging up and will not let me install it. I was able to install Civ 4 on it and I enjoy playing it but there is something about civ III i really like. Unfortunely I am in the hospital and do not have access to the disc. Has anyone been able to install it on vista 64 bit? thank you in advance for your assistance

It's possible to install Civ3 on a 64-bit system, but you might run into problems since Civ3 is an older game and was made before 64-bit OS'es were generally available to the public as an alternative to normal 32-bit systems. It has to do with memory addressing and the OS understanding the data, some errors will creep up such as slowdowns. A known solution is to install and run it in Windows XP SP2 compatability. That works for some, and fixes any problems. Also, to make it easy on yourself with UAC, install it to a location where it won't interfere with the game. Avoid the Program Files directory, install it to somewhere such as C:\Games\Civilization III. You will save yourself a lot of hassle.

Top Bottom