Demographics

not sure how significant this is, but when team CDZ logged in their score went up six points, and then back down six points...what does this mean exactly?

Q: They're CHA with monument.

CDZ: Discovered a tech OR grew > whipped something.
Edit: no - I just looked. I think that score hike should be founding a city. The drop's a whip.

okay, good to know...I always thought founding a city was +2 points...

It's 1 extra pop = 6 pts. In this game, anyway. You may be confusing it with our intra-team pitboss ;) (I believe it's 1-2 pts. per pop there).

To be honest, I never paid attention before if the % religion influence goes by population count, or by city count? We own 13%, and so does Carthage. If it's by city count that should put the average # of cities per civ on this map at 2.2 or so...

Definitely population - the question is whether it's game population, or demographic population. Probably the former.

Hmm, if it's referring to game population, then that almost feels like a cheat now. I'll try and find out for sure.

Look at the F8 screen the next time you log in and compare.

Edit: don't we actually know that they have a size 6 city already? So it must be pop points, if it's equal.

Hmm, if game-pop that should mean total population is 46.5 right now. Gives the average of slightly under 8 pop per civ.

So, looks like we are behind in that respect at the moment. I'm not too surprised there, and we'll probably fall father back for a bit as well.

Ran the F8. Yup, this turn we gained an extra pop, and our religious menu shows a jump from 13% to 15%. F8 shows us with a total 15.22% world population. So question solved, simple.

One little issue I'm not sure sure about. Our total score jumped 7 points instead of 6 this turn when we grew 1 pop. I am not sure where the extra digit came from.

I believe the pop score is rounded down from an overall number, rather than a hard value assigned per pop. Hence, it won't always be exactly 6. Maybe Niklas or someone can confirm?

It probably is a rounding issue. I see now that Carthage jumped exactly 7 points in the middle of this turn. Both our religious ownership has dropped during this turn. So it has to be a new city (1 pop).

Ragnar seems to have been whipping like mad. Can someone tell me what they are up to? I have a feeling it has to do with their UB synergy to galleys.

Now what the hell are they doing. Not growing, not expanding? What are they gaining right now by being at the bottom end of the list?

It's possible they failed Oracle (I don't doubt it?), and something like that may have really hurt?

Where the hell is the stupid message delete button?

Another thing that gets is, is what would cause this espionage glitch with Hannibal? I can only guess, they perhaps switched targets for a turn, and it's a game-mechanical glitch, or perhaps they want against someone who had been amassing points against them sooner?

Top Bottom