Turn Discussion Thread I - Turns 1-50

DMOC

Mathematician
Hello everyone! :) In this thread I'm hoping that turnplayers can post their full turn reports here (as well as in the turn tracker thread) so that the team can fully be aware of our progress. ;)

In this thread, we'll be looking to have the first 50 turn reports here, as well as any additional discussion necessary.

The game will be starting very shortly!

CivStats Link!

Hmm, so we have another Irrigable dye as expected. Not sure if the warrior move NW was agreed upon but it was certainly the right one despite being largely uninformative. He should probably move SW next.

Overall an excellently played turn DMOC :goodjob:! I couldn't have done it better myself.

I agree with warrior SW next turn, seems like he will reveal the most from there and should see which way that river is running.

As for names for cities :S

If you look at civstats for the game you can see 3 teams have logged in but not settled. So either they are waiting for late in the turn as possible or they aren't settling in place.

Definitely warrior SW. Perhaps we should put our first tech to a vote. I originally wanted bw but I'm beginning to like agri better. Did we also agree to first build a worker?

Hot damn, turn #1 and we already have double the number of soldiers compared to a few other teams! We should DoW on them quick before they have a chance to rebuild, lolz.

Anyhow, am I the only one who finds it silly that flat-land forests always block LoS to hilly forests?

If you look at civstats for the game you can see 3 teams have logged in but not settled. So either they are waiting for late in the turn as possible or they aren't settling in place.

Yes, exactly. They're taking screenshots between everyone's settlement. We do know that team Quatronia will have it slightly harder since they logged in only after TWO teams settled. :lol:

Definitely warrior SW. Perhaps we should put our first tech to a vote. I originally wanted bw but I'm beginning to like agri better. Did we also agree to first build a worker?

Fast Worker - Agriculture was the plan, right?

The agriculture - fast worker plan was discussed in the "sandaksten" thread. We're thinking of following Snaaty's excellent plan up to turn 50ish. Of course, anything could happen that affects our plan so we need to be on our guard.

Hot damn, turn #1 and we already have double the number of soldiers compared to a few other teams! We should DoW on them quick before they have a chance to rebuild, lolz.

Anyhow, am I the only one who finds it silly that flat-land forests always block LoS to hilly forests?

That is a bit weird. I guess Firaxis thinks hills are overpowered ... surely you can relate to that. :goodjob:

My vote goes to SW on the warrior as well. Tech vote--Agri

Warrior SW is clearly the most sensible move (as was NW this turn).

Nice to see those extra Dyes. They won't affect our early-game plan any, but excess resources for trading is never wrong.

"It lives, Doctor! It lives!"

SW seems the sensible option to me too.

Guessing the not settled people have headed back for team discussion after seeing the scout move?

Just to throw it out there - that plains hill 3W of our capital is a potential location for our second city. Let's hope we find a food source in the vicinity as well. One potential caveat would be if that hill pops Copper.

The only name suggestion I've seen for our capital so far is Dallas. Not sure what I think of it though. Should we start a separate "Naming thread"?

Niklas - that sounds a good thought... if there's a food bonus round there it'd be great...

Just to throw it out there, depending on terrain, there may even be an argument for losing the prod bonus of a copper resource for the security of having unpillagable copper under a hill city with river defenses?

Just to throw it out there - that plains hill 3W of our capital is a potential location for our second city. Let's hope we find a food source in the vicinity as well. One potential caveat would be if that hill pops Copper.

Personally I think that settling 1w of that might work...it'll all depend on what our warrior reveals, though. I'm not a big fan of overlap...;)

Top Bottom