Wonder Race

Hambil

Emperor
Alpha

Gives three generic notifications - Losing wonder race, Winning wonder race, and Tied in wonder race. It does not give away the civ you are competing with.

The notification will display once for each time the state of the race changes.

The tooltip tells you which wonder you are winning or losing the race for.

Works with multiple wonders in multiple cities being built at the same time (you get two notices, or three, or whatever is needed)*

* More testing required

Attachments

• Wonder Race (v 1).civ5mod
    1.8 KB · Views: 863
  • 8930_screenshots_2013-04-08_00001.jpg
    8930_screenshots_2013-04-08_00001.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 3,775
  • 8930_screenshots_2013-04-08_00002.jpg
    8930_screenshots_2013-04-08_00002.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 3,149
  • Wonder Race (v 2).civ5mod
    2.8 KB · Views: 434
  • Wonder Race (v 3).civ5mod
    2.8 KB · Views: 6,014
Nice too see a release of your Project! The Design is Great (better than the Color-Based Sytem you proposed before).

However, some minor points, questions and suggestions:

1) Due to the file size of this Modification I assume it is not a Dynamic Link Library replacement. This was done only via Lua/XML? :wow:
2) If this is not too hard or impossible to program in Lua I would suggest an Improvement for this Project:
- Notifications inform you which wonder you are building/losing a Race.
3) Do you have future plans to upload this to the Civilization Fanatics Centre Download Database or Steam Workshop?
4) Does this Modification Replace any Core Lua files? That can be useful for Compatibility Purposes.
5) Finnaly, I would like to add this (of course, properly credited) in my Modding Project. Even if The Modiquette speficies that, following these conditions any Modification can be included in another, unless otherwise specified, I like to personally ask Modders for permission. :)

- Genghis.Khan

EDIT: Exploring the wr_main.lua. How did you manage to do that without XML?

1) It was done by lua only.
2) It already does that, on the tool tip of the notification. I'll upload a second screen shot in a few minutes.
3) I just uploaded it about an hour ago :)
4) No, it just uses events
5) Permission granted :)

Can I only suggest you to provide the Link? ;)

Really nice addon.
Will report any conflicts, that i will encounter.
:banana:
Its very cool, since all people are hating when they lose a wonder very close, so thanks.

Just subscribed, but I haven't tried it yet. This looks like a really cool mod. It gives enough information to be helpful, but doesn't overdo it.

I've been using this mod off and on for a while now. It has worked for me every time except one game when I was running about 4 other mods. Unfortunately I can't remember which all the mods.

I have question about the mod. Is winning/losing a wonder race determined by hammers completed or by amount of turns until completion?

Hambil, dunno if you're still "working" on that tiny mod... but here goes anyway.

Race? Not exactly yet... what we get is simple warnings when **SIMULTANEOUS** production occurs.

What could be much more interesting (or actually worthy of the term Race) is if your mod could also produce these extra features;

-- Once any player **STARTS* building a Wonder, we get a special notification; "X has just started building Y. Current predicted completion is in Z turns!"... So that we can join the race rather than staying idle without any clues.

** The above might nearly feel like an indirect cheat to some people... but to me, it makes sense -- race_wise.

-- As an option available on demand or somehow automatically, having a custom tiny PopUp that list all currently active Wonder(s) productions. With columns like; Who, In which City, Turns left, Usual icons, etc.

That's all! :)

this mod doesn't work half the time it'll either say your winning than 3 turns from building the wonder another ai will build it before you. or it doesn't even tell you at all.

Good idea but not working all the time :( I used Wonder Race (v 3) and also other mods.
Not sure how to debug and help you with this.
Is there any known compatibility issues with other mods?

Top Bottom