Hall of Fame Rules/FAQ

superslug said:
You may eliminate each AI twice per turn.

Only twice?;) Let me see, if there 10 AIs in the game and we can destroy each of them twice per turn. That means we can collect only 2000 gold plus 60 free workers per turn? I suppose we can't do much with an extra of 2000 gold and 60 free workers per turn.

Anyway, I'm just curious on where you come up with only 2 per civ per turn? Why not 1 or 3 or 4?

Moonsinger said:
Anyway, I'm just curious on where you come up with only 2 per civ per turn? Why not 1 or 3 or 4?
Before they lifted the respawn cap, the most you could eliminate an AI in one turn was twice.

superslug said:
Before they lifted the respawn cap, the most you could eliminate an AI in one turn was twice.

I guess I just have to figure out how to spend that extra 2000 gold and 60 workers per turn.;) Are you sure you won't change your mind. Take that number and multiply it by 100 turns and it would become 200000 gold and 6000 workers.;)

PS: In case you didn't know...I was just kidding. I won't be using this exploit!

superslug said:
You may eliminate each AI twice per turn.
And the thinking behind this is........? (viz. As opposed to, say, once per turn?) :)

Edit: Never mind......Question answered in cross post.

Moonsinger said:
I guess I just have to figure out how to spend that extra 2000 gold and 60 workers per turn.;) Are you sure you won't change your mind. Take that number and multiply it by 100 turns and it would become 200000 gold and 6000 workers.;)
The hypothetical numbers are impressive, but I still don't consider it outside the spirit of the rules.

Other potential rules would involve flat-out banning AI respawn, which seems harsh since Mac/Vanilla users may need to rely on MGL farming to keep pace with PTW/C3C users. I could also do something like "twice per turn but only for x turns", but then there's issues in determining x and how to keep track, etc, as well as meaning it would wind up in the confusing/dreaded orange section.

Twice per turn is a good, simple solution. It's potentially advantageous, but not gamebreaking, much like Palace jumping was.

I am a newbie to HOF, and relatively so to Civ. After reading all of this, I still don't understand what the "interturn" is and how it's possible to cheat during it. Is there an explanation somewhere in the forum?

Thanks.

The interturn is when you earn gold and provide it to the appropriate places (eg paying other civilizations), you research stuff, cities grow and produce stuff or riot, you gain culture, etc. The legal and illegal ways to change stuff during the interturn are by scrolling through cities when they produce something or when they riot, or by seeing the big picture when you research something (there may be some things I missed).

bluejay said:
....I still don't understand what the "interturn" is....
The interturn is from the time you click the End-Of-Turn button (or hit Enter at EOT) until the time you are able to move the first unit next turn. As Tim Bentley described, all those things happen during the interturn.....and it is possible to interrupt the "normal interturn procedure" and "double-dip"....this basically means earning 2 bonuses instead of one. (I.e. A bonus for beakers plus a bonus for gold.)

Double-dipping is not allowed for HOF entries. :)

The interturn tactics are for advanced competitive play.....and are common in HOF Fast Finish victories requiring rapid Scientific Tech Research.....like 20K/Diplomatic/Spaceship.

For non-competitive play, forget about the interturn! ;)

bluejay said:
..."interturn"...

Additionally, along with what Tim stated all of those processes are done sequentially. Therein is the clue to how you can subvert it. Although I'll restate this is not allowed in HOF nor GOTM.

However, beyond just using those concepts to cheat, they can help your game greatly if you understand what is going on behind the scenes. For instance food production is figured before shield production, so if you grow in a turn that new citizen's work is added to your shield production that very turn. This has multiple applications, but foremost is watching for this and being sure of what tile will get autoselected, and have it available.

A question on 100K submissions regarding [ptw] Last night I submitted a Warlord_Tiny 100K win. The problem was that I was expecting to stop at 60K and the game didn't end until 100K. I just checked a 400BC sav for a Huge map and I see that the cultural level is also 100K and that the save is ok for HOF use.

This seems to tell me that if I want to get a fastest finish I should use C3C for Tiny and Small maps and PTW for Large and Huge maps. On standard maps its up for debate about which is better for a 100K win.

Is this correct? Am I messing something up in PTW so that I don't get the 60/80/100/130/160K victory levels? I just want to be clear whats up before I went for QMC double-whammy for one of the bigger map sizes.

MOTH said:
A question on 100K submissions regarding [ptw] Last night I submitted a Warlord_Tiny 100K win. The problem was that I was expecting to stop at 60K and the game didn't end until 100K. I just checked a 400BC sav for a Huge map and I see that the cultural level is also 100K and that the save is ok for HOF use.

This seems to tell me that if I want to get a fastest finish I should use C3C for Tiny and Small maps and PTW for Large and Huge maps. On standard maps its up for debate about which is better for a 100K win.
Large/Huge might still be better on C3C with the addition of such things as Aggricultural trait, free tech for Philosophy, Civil Engineers, Temple of Artemis etc.

MOTH said:
Is this correct? Am I messing something up in PTW so that I don't get the 60/80/100/130/160K victory levels? I just want to be clear whats up before I went for QMC double-whammy for one of the bigger map sizes.
That's correct, prior to C3C the overall culture was fixed at 100K, for C3C it varies with mapsize.

Dianthus said:
Large/Huge might still be better on C3C with the addition of such things as Aggricultural trait, free tech for Philosophy, Civil Engineers, Temple of Artemis etc.
I really doubt it, especially on Huge, especially if you exploit the Palace rank bug correctly.

superslug said:
I really doubt it, especially on Huge, especially if you exploit the Palace rank bug correctly.

I thought so too, exactly the reason why I went back to PTW.

Hi. I've read the first seven posts and didn't see anything about this. If you are size 12, with a hospital already built, and set to grow in one turn, for example. If you join a worker, you jump to size 13 with possible growth in one, provided the food is there. So you skip the empty granary step.
Is it an exploit?

Ljdjr said:
Hi. I've read the first seven posts and didn't see anything about this. If you are size 12, with a hospital already built, and set to grow in one turn, for example. If you join a worker, you jump to size 13 with possible growth in one, provided the food is there. So you skip the empty granary step.
Is it an exploit?
As long as the city is happy (i.e. not rioting) you can add as many workers/settlers as it can take.

Thanks superslug.
Love the new HOF!
I avoided this strategy in my one submitted game, BTW. Should've just asked earlier.
Nothing like a failed Histographic by accidental Domination win. :)
On to COTM10.

Ljdjr said:
Thanks superslug.
Love the new HOF!
I avoided this strategy in my one submitted game, BTW. Should've just asked earlier.
Nothing like a failed Histographic by accidental Domination win. :)
On to COTM10.

You can reload if you get an accidental domination victory, in fact usually get more than get more one than in my high score Histographic attempts. I still make mistakes in calculating how the cultural borders will expand and occasionally don't disband enough marginal cities.

Svar said:
You can reload if you get an accidental domination victory, in fact usually get more than get more one than in my high score Histographic attempts. I still make mistakes in calculating how the cultural borders will expand and occasionally don't disband enough marginal cities.
You should try Dianthus' MapStat (CRpSuite). Close to domination limit it will warn you. After you abandon your cities you can save and manually open the save in MapStat to see if you did enough. :thumbsup:

You're kidding. Right???

I was over by three tiles. Damn Internets!!

But Seriously. You can reload in accidental domination wins? :banana:

Now I see it in the Disallowed Exploits section as a qualifier to no reloading.
But I guess if I already submitted, and it says accepted. Maybe I should just let it stand. Part of me really wants to finish the milk, though. But only if it's no hassle on the HOF admin end of things. :hmm:

Ljdjr said:
You're kidding. Right???
No, they're not kidding.

Ljdjr said:
But I guess if I already submitted, and it says accepted. Maybe I should just let it stand. Part of me really wants to finish the milk, though. But only if it's no hassle on the HOF admin end of things. :hmm:
The critical detail is whether or not you still have the .sav from the turn before you won. If so, then it's your call. If not, then we have to go with what we've got.

Top Bottom