Quick Answers / 'Newbie' Questions

jeannie said:
Earlier in this thread, I read that you hit the pause/break key to pause the game, and then hit that same key again to un-pause it. I won't swear that this works, since I've never used the 'pause' feature myself, but it's somewhere in the first 17 pages of this thread!

I tried it it works. Thanks.

seasmath said:
Those randomly disappear if you have the "Right-Click Menu" option checked.

Actually turns out they only appear if the production queue is empty (duuuh!), so if you queue-up all your cities, you wont see them for a while. :blush:

How do you see enemy progress in the space race? It says nothing on F8, next to the number I have built (which is 0, as I have not built the apollo yet). Does that meen they have not started?

thedaian said:
Yes, it's a bug. There's probably a post or two in the bugs forum, though I can't say if there's any fix just yet. Supposedly a patch is forthcoming from Firaxis, though what it'll fix and when it'll happen, I'm not sure.
I too have the same experience when playing, I had assumed that the size of the food icon indicated the food output of that square, but I also see no hammers or coins on the tiles in my city screen , can anyone else shed any light on this?

Plume said:
This was asked before but since no one has answered the question (and I'm really interested in the answer) I'll repost it:

43) In the city view, how can I see the output of shields (hammers sorry!) and commerce each tile produces? I only see the food (bread) output and even then, I always see two slices of bread (even for an irrigated floodplain). Is it a bug? Anyway it's very hard to micro-manage without it.

Thanks.
I too have the same experience when playing, I had assumed that the size of the food icon indicated the food output of that square, but I also see no hammers or coins on the tiles in my city screen , can anyone else shed any light on this?

Hey, i have read through the post and cant see it anywhere so hope im not asking some obvious question ^^

Is it possible to define what the highest tech age is, like i want to stop peopel from advancing past Roman Era for example,

Yes, I know, it's probably very obvious.

But, I have looked at the F8 screen and I have all the necessary components, I have set the game up so it is only won by the space race and I still don't get a 'launch the spaceship' screen/command/flahing icon, etc.

Does anyone know how I get the &*$%ard to launch?

Once you build the final component, you achieve a Space Race Victory. It happens automatically.

RichC

>> Air units. ARE THEY CAPABLE OF KILLING ANYTHING BY THEMSELVES?! It's nice that they're effective at whittling down strength and defenses, but it's just odd that they can't kill stuff effectively.

Also...since I don't know how to word this next question...I'll try an example.

fighter/bomber=jet/stealth or not regardless

I have a fighter on intercept in a city. I end my turn. During the little "Waiting for other Civs..." thing, the computer attacks that city with say...three fighters. Does my fighter haver a chance of intercepting all three or can it only intercept one fighter?

Samson said:
How do you see enemy progress in the space race? It says nothing on F8, next to the number I have built (which is 0, as I have not built the apollo yet). Does that meen they have not started?

In Victory Conditions "advisor", there's the number of each ss part types built for the most advanced opponent. Also shows your own progress, so you can compare.

I have slavery-civic, and I want to poprush a building or unit. Yet I cannot find the button to do just that. Where do I look?

mr. Y said:
I have slavery-civic, and I want to poprush a building or unit. Yet I cannot find the button to do just that. Where do I look?
In the city screen, just to the right of the things you can build there is a column of buttons. The top 2 are rushes, both cash and pop. If they are greyed out, then you cannot use them but you can mouse over to find out what it would take.

What does the blackish, buddhist like symbol that appears above your city?
My cities have this symbol, but i don't understand what it means. It is not in the manual. It looks like a Buddhist symbol, but my cities are not buddhist, nor have any religion yet.

Can someone please let me know.

THANKS.:sad:

I'm curious: India's UU, the "fast" worker... does the term "fast" apply only to its movement, or does it have a faster improvement rate as well? If so, does anyone know what that rate is?

I am getting a new computer its a pentium D 2.8 Iwill have 512 of RAM and a Nvidia 7800GTX will I have problems such as slow down virtual memory too low choppy movies and what not just wandering thanks

Raijer said:
I'm curious: India's UU, the "fast" worker... does the term "fast" apply only to its movement, or does it have a faster improvement rate as well? If so, does anyone know what that rate is?

It has 3 MP but is otherwise the same as any other worker.

Donkey Puncher said:
I am getting a new computer its a pentium D 2.8 Iwill have 512 of RAM and a Nvidia 7800GTX will I have problems such as slow down virtual memory too low choppy movies and what not just wandering thanks
You do not need a 7800GTX to play Civ. You'd be better off getting a cheaper card + improving your processor/ram.

I knwo this might have been answered but liek others I dont have time to look at the 19 pages, I scanned them a little but did not find any answer.

44) I know in the other Civ games you could build up your palace if your people loved you, is this an option or has this been tken out...

45) You use to be able to click an eye icon on the city screen and you woudl have a birds eye view of your city, is that still in this game?

And if they are not can someone pls explain these pictures to me...

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/620/620513/img_3137583.html

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/620/620513/img_3058135.html

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/620/620513/img_3039463.html

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/620/620513/img_3058134.html

ashamanmat said:
I knwo this might have been answered but liek others I dont have time to look at the 19 pages, I scanned them a little but did not find any answer.

44) I know in the other Civ games you could build up your palace if your people loved you, is this an option or has this been tken out...

It's been taken out.

45) You use to be able to click an eye icon on the city screen and you woudl have a birds eye view of your city, is that still in this game?

No, but cities' buildings/wonders are shown in the main map. Just zoom close enough, you'll get the same effect. :)

Top Bottom