Falcon AI: Diplomacy

Falconiano

Prince

This mod makes the AI behave more sanely by removing the nonsense and improving the other aspects.

Details:
- The big "warmonger" diplomacy penalty for declaring war only happens if you war your friends, another civ's friend (in which case you get a penalty with their friends only) or dishonor your promises: no penalty for just warring an attacker for instance.
- The flawed denouncing system was removed: the malus from Denouncing and its duration were removed so it does nothing when they do it.
- Denouncing can now be used to end a friendship. Note that this will give you a penalty with the civ in question, and any friend said civ has; they will likely never accept friendship again.
- Friendship means friendship. Solid, faraway friends will very rarely declare war, and even if they do you'll likely be friends again when war is over unless you did something wrong to them such as capturing their cities.
- If a friend of theirs organized a secret pact with them to war you, they join up the war, but won't impact diplomacy.
- Diplomacy consequences of war depend on the reason of war; if it was merely a territorial dispute there is just a minor hit and you'll be friends again if you peace, but they will hate you if the war reasons are something like you spying on them or stealing.

AI will STILL hate you if:
- You disrespect promises, pacts, friendships.
- You did mean stuff like demanding/spying/steal territory (they may accept demands if weaker tho).
- You defend a city state not allowing them to ask tributes and such.
- You attack or bully a city state they protect/are allied with.
- You have a land dispute with them; while the land dispute hit is sufficient for them to declare war and hate you a little bit, it will not make them hostile.

Basically now you are treated depending on what you actually do.

Downloads

Gods & Kings version - Works with G&K up to 1.2.44
Brave New World version - Works with BNW up to 1.3.18

Unpacked version for those whose PC can't autounpack.

Installation:
=> Place the mod in User/Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 5/MODS
=> Enable mod in the game

Thank you guys.
I plan to do several mods related to AI in regards to economy / military but it's summer and my friends break into my house and kidnap me if I nerd too much.
When I have time I'll spam mods like Shaka spams units. :p

FYI, the game doesn't seem to "install" this mod properly. I had to extract it manually and create a folder(BNW version). Perhaps there needs to be a folder within the zip file?

FYI, the game doesn't seem to "install" this mod properly. I had to extract it manually and create a folder(BNW version). Perhaps there needs to be a folder within the zip file?

Didn't install right for me either. I'll try the folder trick and see if it works.

Hello...

I need help...
Can't unpack automatically...
How to do and install it manually?

Anyway, Thx to peolple who are improving this game trough their mods

Just rename the file extension to .7z and unzip the folder into the MODs folder.

This Mod + AI Expansion mod = EPIC WIN btw.

now if only I could get this going in MP.

Hello...

I need help...
Can't unpack automatically...
How to do and install it manually?

Anyway, Thx to peolple who are improving this game trough their mods

If you can't unpack automatically then just open it with winrar.
civ5mod format is basically a rar format.

Just rename the file extension to .7z and unzip the folder into the MODs folder.

This Mod + AI Expansion mod = EPIC WIN btw.

now if only I could get this going in MP.

What's AI Expansion mod? I'm curious now. :D

What's AI Expansion mod? I'm curious now. :D

I think you are maybe joking :lol: but just in case, look here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=502958

The Expansionism Mod dramatically makes the AI look to expand early under BNW, where normally it seems content to stay tall until late game when it often expands like crazy and often too late to do any good. I'm impressed so far and I think the two mods may be "a marriage made in heaven." :king::queen: (I'll let you guys fight it out as to which is king and queen.) :goodjob:

I am pretty new to mods - will this work with a current save game by resetting warmonger rating?

I had a CS next door that was allied with a rival on the otherside of the map. Naturally I took the CS but it turned out that was the "End to diplomacy" in that game due to the high warmonger score, even though I didn't start that war and that rival was stronger than me in just about every sense. I went from having a nice mix of friends and trade partners to hated by everyone.

I am pretty new to mods - will this work with a current save game by resetting warmonger rating?

I had a CS next door that was allied with a rival on the otherside of the map. Naturally I took the CS but it turned out that was the "End to diplomacy" in that game due to the high warmonger score, even though I didn't start that war and that rival was stronger than me in just about every sense. I went from having a nice mix of friends and trade partners to hated by everyone.

This mod removes the WILLINGNESS of AI to denounce/declare you a warmonger, but if they already did in your game then even if you load the mod you'll have to wait for the penalty to expire.

Hey, this looks fantastic, but I'm unable to unpack file. Using the same process of renaming .civ5mod to .7z which works for any other mod, it results in an empty folder.

Can you please upload the .xml/.modinfo files(?) uncompressed so I can give the mod a try? Cheers.

i'm curious: why did you remove denouncing all together rather than tweaking it? it seems like a good mechanic, being able to lower others' opinions of your enemy by bad-mouthing them and causing a temporary diplomacy hit...

love what you've done otherwise. i'll give it a go.

Hi,

I have next situation:
We have 3 civs: A (me), B and C
A and B has defensive pact
A and C are friends
B and C doesn't like each other
---
C declares war against B. Automaticly A declares war on C.
Little war, no cities captured or razed, and soon there is peace treaty between all 3 civs.
But now B, C and all other alphabet has negative point in their relationship with me (A): "You have declared war to your friend".
---

Is it diplomatic feature, or it can be corrected in any way?
And may be AI civs don't check defensive pacts of side them wants to conquer. Because C was much stronger then B, but A was realy stronger then C, so...

Thanks for attention)

Top Bottom