NEW PATCH - December 19

At a guess I'd say there is probably 50-100 small logical bugs in the AI right now. A slab of those we could legitimately request that they be fixed free of charge. However as for a really decent improvement in the quality of the AI, I think we Civfanatics should start to adjust our thinking towards having to pay for that in real cash as a substantial upgrade. This is because we bought Civ5 knowing it was going to be 1UPT and we knew that it was probably too difficult at the time to write a decent AI for 1UPT, so we knew what we were buying. To write a quality 1UPT AI is going to take some serious computer science, which means a really highly paid programmer on the Firaxis team, and we the gamers will have to pay for their wages.

Cheers

Diplomacy shouldn't be that hard to fix they just have to use other civlization games and look at the code especially civ 4. Why does it take so long?

Agree with the 1 unit per tile no AI has been good at this I played a lot of turn based strategy games with 1 unit per tile and the AI is terrible at it.

Edit : sorry for dubble post I wanted to change my original post but apperently I posted it.

I'm new to this Steam/CiV thing, so...

How do I know if my copy has been updated? Nothing obvious happened when I logged in. There is a set of numbers at the bottom of the main screen, 1.0.1.511

Is there a clock on the UI that I'm missing?

Thanks.

the reason why he says that civ 5 is dead that this patch took 4 months
and it didn't change the diplomacy and AI for single player

I don't see how that equals dead, though. Words have meaning.

I wouldn't be getting too upset because a patch was released that didn't cover certain aspects. It's better than no patch. If they were obliged to add in single player changes before they release multiplayer fixes, the patch would presumably be delayed even longer, with multiplayer still experiencing those problems in the meantime. Okay, this doesn't affect the game much for me, but it doesn't have any sort of negative impact either. So what's there to be upset about?

Because it's CFC General Discussion, what else do you expect? :)

Really, there are a lot of games (including 2K) that are not patched a few months after release and here we are 15 months and they are still working on improving the game. Too many here believe in their own unrealistic expectations or their own self-worth to appreciate efforts of any kind.

Well, Civ V is either nearing the end of its patch cycle, or their announcing an expansion in February/March...

I'm not sure why people are disappointed. 2K delivered exactly what they said they would, a MP stability patch. They never said mods or WB maps would work, let alone anything at all to do with SP AI diplomacy.

For me I hope the patch does what it says it does. And we MPers can finally have larger more stable games.

CS

As a SP player, it's a bit of an underwhelming patch to be honest, yes. To be fair, they said it was gonna be about multiplayer mostly so I am happy MP players got some love too. I hope the next patch can improve SP more.

What a joke. Thats all they could come up with, you gotta be kidding.

How long has Civ 5 been out now? And they're still just fixing very basic bugs? Where are the features that should have been in the game when it shipped? Like the ability to play mods in multiplayer.

I am a multiplayer player, and I would have been happy about this patch, if it had come out 6 months ago, when it should have.

Where is multiplayer mod support?

Guys. You've been whining about the lack of attention MP gets, and now that it actually gets something, you're still annoyed? It doesn't matter if it came out too late, the main thing is that it came out. So be happy and keep the rants to the rant topic, yeah?

Nothing really for single player other than the sorting for saves, which is actually a nice time-saving feature.

Sounds like some exploits were taken care of for MP, but i've only played MP with friends so i don't know much about issues with that.

At least they fixed the Korean exploit :p

But great news.
Not as comprehensive a patch as I'd have hoped for, but still.
What exactly was the Korean exploit?

What exactly was the Korean exploit?

I think it was the techrush. Very overpowered, each time you build a new science building or wonder in your capital, you get a huge science boost. Sometimes its was game breaking for me.

I think it was the techrush. Very overpowered, each time you build a new science building or wonder in your capital, you get a huge science boost. Sometimes its was game breaking for me.

This is the very definition of the UA. How is it OP? And what has it been changed to?

Wasn't the bug that you could seel the building, then rebuilding it for a tech boost and so on?

Anyway, de [UI] change is small but really great. Less bugs and more stability is good, but yeah, disappointing. MP without sequential turns is no fun. At least my current game won't be affected by this patch.

Guys. You've been whining about the lack of attention MP gets, and now that it actually gets something, you're still annoyed? It doesn't matter if it came out too late, the main thing is that it came out. So be happy and keep the rants to the rant topic, yeah?

Well I feel bad for those multiplayer guys. They ask for a real patch and get a partial fix. It is the same old thing, they fix everything in tiny baby steps. Why be happy with a lump of coal in your stocking. Firaxis should have gave all of us something useful. LOL!!!

Their fixes on the MP was the bare minimum expectations without which the patch would have been plain insulting. And that's what we get. The bare minimum. Yay I'm so happy.

Nothing really for single player other than the sorting for saves, which is actually a nice time-saving feature.

You're pretty nice to tag this as a "feature"? I call this correcting a major oversight.

Their fixes on the MP was the bare minimum expectations without which the patch would have been plain insulting. And that's what we get. The bare minimum. Yay I'm so happy.

The bare minimum of your expectations. I honestly expected nothing more than this, not nothing less.

Why?

Because multiplayer stability is far more complex to fix and test than scripting the AI to not declare on you when certain parameters are met.

You're pretty nice to tag this as a "feature"? I call this correcting a major oversight.

Because moving the mouse a few pixels down was causing emotional damage? :crazyeye:

The bare minimum of your expectations. I honestly expected nothing more than this, not nothing less.

Why?

Because multiplayer stability is far more complex to fix and test than scripting the AI to not declare on you when certain parameters are met.
:

Then Why didn't they fix diplomacy allready? Thinx they don't have the resource to do it.. If you say it is so easy.

Why?

Because moving the mouse a few pixels down was causing emotional damage? :crazyeye:

I wish my bosses were like you.

Top Bottom