What do you obsess about?

Slyk said:
- Cleansing the home continent of any other civs asap

Even if you're playing a Pangaea world? :D

When I have a piece of meat stuck in my mouth, I feel I got to get it out, even if it's not bothering me at all. Like, I eat a steak, and for 2 hours I don't notice anything, but then I realize that there is a miniscule bit of meat in my tooth that I can barely feel. I can't stand it so I must have to get it.

I've always obsessed about naming the Leader-Spawning elite unit after the Leader that it created. "Napoléon's Own Muskets" or "Lightning Riders of Crazy Horse" or that sort of thing... I've also taken to attempting to name each and every city I settle something fairly original and renaming any captured cities into some derivation of the captured city in the style of my civilization. If my Roman Monarchy captures London, I rename it Londinium, or somesuch...

And I really hate it when I can't catch the entire name of the Leader that I spawned, because if I can't name the unit in the first go, I just forget about it entirely.

Naming each and every naval vessel sounds like a good idea, actually...

- Rep.

- Temples in every city.

- Setting up 'a net of vision' around my coast with all my boats, there's always one AI boat which slips through.

- Discovering the world map as soon as possible, and all the black bits.

- Banks

- Winning the game :D.

I must have all veteran units, and elites where possible. If by some chance I get an elite defensive unit, it must carry on at the front, wherever that may be, in order to better defend newly taken cities/resources.

I obsess on having a rail network to all cities as soon as I can build RR, all workers drop what they are doing and get to work on that ASAP.

I MUST have Hoover Dam. I'll do whatever it takes to get this. I plan centuries ahead for this, choosing my city with care, making sure all the good production tiles are improved well beforehand. Any leader gotten in a reasonable timeframe is of course saved for this ( or used for ToE, heh heh).

always need to be making money

elites cant fight unless enemy redlined

naming ancient cavalry elite* units 'old cav dude'

naming cavalry elite* units 'cav dude'

naming tank elite* units 'tankish'

1 After Wall streets, I need to always have 1000 gold in my treasury
2 I have to be one of the three best on the tech tree
3 My civ has to be industrious
5 I have to give a name to every "region" on the map, related with the civ who settled it
6 All of them have an unofficial capital
7 When a unit wins a offensive battle, it is renamed
8 When I have Rome, I name every legion "Legio+number+nickname"
9 When a unit wins a defensive battle, it is named by the name of the city it defended, if it is in a city
10 Every tile is roaded, railed and irrigated/mined

mastertyguy said:
1 After Wall streets, I need to always have 1000 gold in my treasury
2 I have to be one of the three best on the tech tree
3 My civ has to be industrious
5 I have to give a name to every "region" on the map, related with the civ who settled it
6 All of them have an unofficial capital
7 When a unit wins a offensive battle, it is renamed
8 When I have Rome, I name every legion "Legio+number+nickname"
9 When a unit wins a defensive battle, it is named by the name of the city it defended, if it is in a city
10 Every tile is roaded, railed and irrigated/mined
I like the level of detail and narrative that you put into the game :thumbsup:. All for that myself.

Can't have any overlapping tiles. When I conquer another Civ, I must raze up to half of their cities so that I end up with no shared tiles again. I also rename scientific leaders and princesses.

I have to improve EVERY single tile in my border.I have to have everything perfect for war also.I also mod crusie missles to fire all around the world.I will send SOD's to the enemy and then just launch all the the crusie missles.in other words i obsess about war

I name the first leader generator Unit the Great, then Unit the Greater, then Greatest, and then start with Unit the IV, and so on...

When the game has progressed and there are lots of units about, I try to have a unused unfortified unit, that I press Wait with, and press wait with them till everyone else has moved. Helps me keep track of things. So I usually press 'w' about three times, at the end of a turn, to make sure no more units are active. Then save at the end of turn, deal with issues from CRP popup, usually happiness. Fix the problem, save again, check for no unhappiness popup, then press next turn.

I'll usually overwrite the save two to three times in a row before exiting the game. Closing CRP on the first save, if it pops up, unless it's a happiness problem, then I'll save again, and use it as a fail safe to see if I fixed it right.

I also never press enter to view a city under an active unit, anymore. It saves time, but if you've gotten the End of Turn blinking, and then unfortify a unit in a city. Press enter and your turn is over, even though the unit is active with movement.

I have to adhere to my city placement grid plan. Deviations and flaws in the pattern can't be tolerated. Ergo, if I capture a city and it doesn't fit into my placement grid pattern and/or will screw it up, I will raze the city immediately, without any regard for how profitable it would be to keep it. I don't care how efficient it is or how much culture or money it churns out. It breaks my placement pattern. It must be razed.

Oh, and even though I almost always end up neglecting naval development anyway, I am compelled to make as many of my cities coastal as possible. Just in case. Sometimes this conflicts with my placement grid compulsion, which makes for an interesting dilemma... :lol:

1) Leader producing units are named after the leader they produce.
2) Unless the terrain dictates otherwise, there must be no overlapping radii.
3) Unused squares must be pillaged of improvements (a road to a resource/lux is acceptable) and forest planted if possible. Large forested regions in conquered territories are named 'the Babylonia national park' etc.
4) JOAN OF ARC WILL BE MY *****.
;) :crazyeye:

Edit: interesting. How do you talk about female dogs on this forum? The PC brigade strikes again.

- I MUST have The Great Library.

- All Leader Units will always be named Mr.Leader :lol:

- All cities must have some sort of culture producing improvement.

- All squares must be roaded and Railroaded.

Build everytype of unit possible... that is why I have helicopters and paratroopers lying around!

Luthor_Saxburg said:
Build everytype of unit possible... that is why I have helicopters and paratroopers lying around!

Wow. ( NO offense paratrooper users, but ive NEVER seen a paratrooper or a helicopter.

paras can be fun if you are far enough ahead that they actually compete with enemy units. Should be a 'Special Forces' upgrade for them in MA.

hmm an idea forms.

12/12/1. counts all terrain as roads. Can para drop from airport/airfields. Bombard option counts as sabotage missions in enemy cities - try to target a specific improvement when attacking, as if it was a precision strike. (not that precision strike does this of course).

There are legends about people using helis. All untrue.

I can't bring myself to have overlapping city radius... even if I end up wasting 5 or 6 good squares I refuse to do it. This usually means another civ will come and settle there just to piss me off, but they usually end up culture flipping anyway. And then I just disband it :D

Top Bottom