CivRev DS for my son?

Nahuixtelotzin

Huey Tlatoani
Hi guys.

I'm thinking about buying my son CivRev for Nintendo DS. He's turned 7 right now and enjoys watching me playing Civ IV, which, obviously, is too complex for him.
He's a quite smart kid, best writer, reader and calculator in his class, but still, he's FAR from being a savant and has a hard time to really distinguish between concepts e.g. like cities, provinces, and countries, just as most of his colleagues!!

So my question is: do you think he could be able to grasp CivRev? Would he enjoy it?
Do you have experiences with kids playing the game?

Thanks.

Maybe, but you should probably supervise him through his first game until he learns the key concepts.

On the easiest difficulties, you can have the computer handle all city management, research tech at random, build most anything and still dominate your opponents.

Make sure you teach him how to form armies from 3 of the same type of military unit. That's what makes city capture possible in most cases.

Other than that, it plays like a board game, so it may try his patience, but it will still be very fun if he can grasp it.

Top Bottom