GiantGuineaPig's 2nd Pitboss game!

Yeah, as soon as I got alphabet I went crazy for trading techs. And yeah, then I found out that it gives them off as freebies. Now I only offer a trade with one person that I think will do it. If they don't I just have to wait to next turn.

Well if the game is down, and GGP is away somewhere and not near the server, it looks like things will be on hold until he returns from wherever he is.

Now this is strange...I couldn't log in yesterday, still can't log in today, but I did get a message that the next turn is ready to be played. Looks like the server isn't completely down after all, can any of you connect?

I'm having the same problem. It's probably a problem with the pitboss. I've seen this before with other games.

So it looks like when GGP gets back to his computer he'll need to reload from the last save game that we were able to log in if these turns keep rolling by without anyone able to connect.

Anyone know how long he's away for?

sorry to whoever was trying to connect just now - game didn't tell me your name, so i'm posting here. i have port 2056 forwarded in my router, and others have connected to me fine when i've been playing, so i have no idea why.

I'm gonna be away a lot for a while so I've put myself on AI so I don't disrupt the game. Going on several trips for work interstate, so if it does go down while I'm away I'm sorry and it'll be checked the day I get home to make sure it's running.

Is there anyone in the game that's capable of taking over hosting while you're away for those long trips so that they can keep it up if you're going to be gone for more than a week?

I'm gonna be away from Aug 9 - Aug 24, so the AI will be taking my turns. If anyone has any concerns or issues with this, please PM me, and maybe I can work out something.

Civstats.. don't you have to set up a webserver for that? Maybe if someone's really interested in remotely connecting to the box and doing it themselves :)

Yeah, his program does everything and he hosts it all. All you have to do is download the program, run it, do the setup stuff on his website and then keep it running just like you keep the Pitboss server running. As far as I can tell it's pretty simply, and he's good at answering questions and solving problems people have had with it.
Here's the thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=178807

This is a Call for Support:

Any Civilization willing to assist me in surviving this onslaught attack from PMB by declaring war on him and helping to save my city will heavily rewarded when I am capable of doing so. If you are able to assist and my city of Shanghai survives in my hands, you will be granted at least one or two free techs from me depending on your involvement. (and possible additional support in the future)

This support would be needed as an immediate response, as it's possible I could lose this city in the next few turns and PMB would grow in strength and power because of it.

Arabia cannot, unfortunately, aid the Chinese in this matter for we are dedicated to rescuing our captured workers who have been enslaved in Japan for approximately 600 years. Oh yeah, and there are Japanese mobs running amok in my lands :(

Top Bottom